T3 remote not working

Moderators: Gully, peteru

quack

T3 remote not working

Post by quack » Sat Nov 16, 2019 21:55

I have a T3 which is not responding to the original T3 remote. However, I have a Logitech Harmony Elite which has been programmed for the T3, which is how I have been controlling the T3 for years, and it works fine. Today I ran the Harmony flat and tried to use the original T3 remote while the Harmony is charging. There is no response by the T3 to pressing any of the buttons on the T3 remote. This used to work but I have not done so for many months (maybe over a year). The batteries are good (checked with a volt meter). The STB button flashes red when a button is pressed. The IR LED flashes when a button is pressed (checked with a phone camera). If I hold down the STB button for a few seconds it seems to enter a programming mode similar to pressing the TV button, but this mode is cancelled when I press any other button.

From what I understand the T3 remote code set cannot be changed. In the T3's remote setup page 'All supported' is selected. I have tried other remote options to no effect.

Considering that the Logitech works, it seems that the problem must be with the T3 remote control, rather than the T3 device.

Any hints?

Thank you.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: T3 remote not working

Post by MrQuade » Sat Nov 16, 2019 22:25

If the T3 is set to "all supported" and the remote isn't working (and you have replaced the batteries) then the remote is probably dead.

You can get a mobile phone and view the remote through the camera. If you can't see the transmitter lighting up when you press buttons, then it is dead.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 13:28

Occasionally in the past I have been caught with the PVR remote in TV mode rather than in STB (set top box) mode.

That you can see it on the phone camera suggests it's working on a different codeset to the Harmony. As MrQuade suggests, try "all supported" on the T3 but that assumes the remote isn't in TV mode.

It seems you're aware of the setting but the sequence matters. Good luck.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

quack

Post by quack » Mon Nov 18, 2019 13:08

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately there seems to be no answer. What I will do is use an Arduino to decode the IR signals from the T3 and Logitech remotes to see if they are the same. Is there a list of which remote codes correspond to which buttons for the different Beyonwiz code sets?

Is there any way that the PVR code set could be (inadvertently, or otherwise) changed on the T3's remote? Surely the only thing I need to do on the remote to activate the PVR code set is to press the PVR button in the top right.

Thank you.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Nov 18, 2019 13:16

quack wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 13:08
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately there seems to be no answer. What I will do is use an Arduino to decode the IR signals from the T3 and Logitech remotes to see if they are the same. Is there a list of which remote codes correspond to which buttons for the different Beyonwiz code sets?
All the remote code documentation can be found on the source repository at Bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/beyonwiz/easy-ui- ... MOTE_CODES

There is also some extra information regarding the discrete power codes that do not appear as buttons on the remote:
https://bitbucket.org/beyonwiz/easy-ui- ... TE_CONTROL

The codes from the T3 remote and the Harmony will be identical.
quack wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 13:08
Is there any way that the PVR code set could be (inadvertently, or otherwise) changed on the T3's remote? Surely the only thing I need to do on the remote to activate the PVR code set is to press the PVR button in the top right.
Not with the retail T3 remote. It is fixed to using the 0xABCD vendor code. (There was a pre-release remote that included a switch in the battery compartment I think, but only a handful of those exist).

Maybe try setting the T3's "supported codes" to "0xABCD" rather than "All Supported" and see if you get any joy.

Remeber too that the T3's angle of reception is pretty average, so you do need to be in front of the unit for it to get a reliable IR signal.
You haven't made any hardware modifications to the T3 involving the front panel or IR receiver in the past by any chance?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “Accessories (USB Tuner, Keyboards, Wifi Dongles)”