OverlayHD Skin...

Moderators: Gully, peteru

sub3R
Wizard

Re: OverlayHD Skin...

Post by sub3R » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:51

prl wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 22:46
The skin can show the symbolic mode, octal mode or both in the list header, but there's not a lot of spare space. ...
Understood. I did recently notice the comment about the space problem in your FileCommander topic.
prl wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 22:46
I prefer the symbolic view, and I think it's a little less geeky than the octal. ...
I think it depends on one’s background &/or what one has become used to. Since using the T & U series wizzes I find the 755 octal number easy to recognise as executable compared to ‘-rwxr-xr-x’.

To give one example of my use. With adoxa’s ‘/user/bin/enigma2_pre_start.sh’, I just change permissions on this from 755 to 644 then reboot before updating f/w, & change back to 755 then reboot when finished. I like to just glance at the header for confirmation. I find it quicker to do this with File Commander compared to FileZilla when doing a f/w update.

But I don’t use the in-built skins so I shouldn’t be concerned. :)

I haven’t fully explored it but there has been a lot of nice work done in the latest File Commander. :)
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 00:02
You shouldn't need to worry about a script not having execute permissions when running it in FileCommander, as prl fixed that a while back.
Yes, I remember that. :) I just like to confirm what the permissions are set to & find the File Commander file list header any easy way to do that if I’m in front of the box instead of checking via MENU in File Commander.
IanSav wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 00:51
OverlayHD 1.66 and later show both the symbolic and octal values using the facility that Prl baked into the new code.. ;)
Excellent Ian, that covers everyone’s preference. Good luck with the crashing issue.
Dennis
U4, Bluey USB tuner, WizTV > Yamaha RX-V3900 > Sony KDL46X2000 TV ||
U4, Bluey USB tuner > Sony KD-43X85J TV > Yamaha YAS-209 || FTA EPG ||
Harmony 650s || (U4s on 19.3.20200901 & T2 on 19.3.20200823) ||
Technicolor DJA0230TLS modem/router, Ethernet LAN, Win10 Home 64 ||

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:55

sub3R wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:51
... I find the 755 octal number easy to recognise as executable compared to ‘-rwxr-xr-x’.

While 755 is a common permissions setting for executables, it's by no means the only one. Anyway, it sounds like OverlayHD will display the octal value.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Sun Aug 26, 2018 09:39

prl wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:55
While 755 is a common permissions setting for executables, it's by no means the only one. ...
Agree, but that is the one that sticks in my mind, & with 777 from a FAT32 USB flash drive. :)

Edit: I always appreciate your comments & explanations.
Dennis

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49

Hi All,

I think I have found the issue behind the crash problem. The condition that triggers the crash should occur twice today. If there are no more crashes I will move to releasing a new OverlayHD soon.

Regards,
Ian.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:23

Good to hear Ian.

I assume that the new version will also include the missing mark on/mark off icons and any changes needed in the OverlayHD patch for the updated Cutlist Editor to work properly.

I think I eventually had a crash when I tried OverlayHD 1.66 Alpha with the Beta version of CLE. The current patch only works with version 1.64.

Code: Select all

...[ePNG] couldn't open /usr/share/enigma2/OverlayHD/spinner/wait13.png
[Skin] screen 'menu_information' widget 'widget': [Skin] {OverlayHD/skin.xml}: screen 'menu_information' does not have source 'key_yellow'.
There are two messages I see in the logs [Edit: for v1.64] that you might care to comment on. They don't appear to have any adverse effects but they may indicate something minor is missing.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:40

Hi Paul,

I will ask for a complete restart for all testing on the next OverlayHD. That is, test for all the issues, check out all the screens, play with everything ;) and let me know EVERYTHING you find. Please report items that you think I already know. Now that I am working on three different images some things may get forgotten.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Sep 24, 2018 13:50

Hi Paul,

I think I have a stable and functional OverlayHD for you to test. Please download OverlayHD 1.67 and give it a good test run. If you can please let me know ASAP what you think. If acceptable I will update the feed so that all users can be offered the update.

Regards,
Ian.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 00:36

IanSav wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 13:50
Hi Paul,

I think I have a stable and functional OverlayHD for you to test. Please download OverlayHD 1.67 and give it a good test run. If you can please let me know ASAP what you think. If acceptable I will update the feed so that all users can be offered the update.

Regards,
Ian.

Any preferences for a test bed?

I can run it on the U4 later today and, if it looks ok, extend it to the T3 and T4 Wednesday/Thursday.
Denon AVR -X2400H

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Sep 25, 2018 01:33

Hi Paul,

I don't think the platform will matter. Just check that everything appears to be working as expected. Particularly check all the screens that have had changes.

There will be one more correction, when I complete it, to improve the CutList Editor for both Beyonwiz and Enigma2.

Regards,
Ian.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 14:45

IanSav wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 01:33
Hi Paul,

I don't think the platform will matter. Just check that everything appears to be working as expected. Particularly check all the screens that have had changes.

There will be one more correction, when I complete it, to improve the CutList Editor for both Beyonwiz and Enigma2.

Regards,
Ian.

Hi Ian,

It's looking promising.

On the U4 on 20180910 firmware, I uninstalled 1.64, selected easy-aus and rebooted. I then installed 1.67 and rebooted. I then went through the screens and menus as methodically as I could and tried every screen that I routinely encounter and quite a few I rarely use. May have missed one or two but they would be the oddities. The images were crisp, clean, ordered and functional. EPG was ok, as was the IMDB screens. CutListEditor worked fine.

I do have one quirk as per the image with the Media List. The boxes on the LHS of the Folders and File names are missing the RHS vertical bar. I recall having a quirk last time with 1.66 which had to do with the state of the machine at install time. Can't help but wonder if it is the same issue as previous reappearing in a different guise or if it is a bug.

Ironically, I did encounter a problem with the Virtual Keyboard. I still have the alpha(?) installed but it does not work with 1.67. Rather, it gets stuck on the screen and I have to restart the GUI via Openwebif to restore operation. Is the new keyboard inbuilt into 1.67 or is it separate?

The SMS keyboard works normally where that is the default. I also managed a crash but I think it was due to file rename in File Commander, which is a different bug. I'll update the beta and try again but I'm off to a meeting for the next hour or two.

Paul
Attachments
OverlayHD 1.67 Media list screen.jpg
OverlayHD 1.67 Media list screen.jpg (116.26 KiB) Viewed 4682 times
Denon AVR -X2400H

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Sep 25, 2018 16:54

Hi Paul,

The MovieSelection Slim screen was broken. The new selection boxes did not have the appropriate positioning options. Now fixed. The CutList Editor is also currently broken but will be fixed shortly. (The playback status display space is too small so some displays are confusingly clipped.)

The VirtualKeyBoard screen in OverlayHD has been coded to support the old version of VirtualKeyBoard on Beyonwiz boxes and the new version everywhere else. Unfortunately I can't support both versions on the Beyonwiz image. If you want to keep using the new VirtualKeyBoard then I will have to build you an updated VirtualKeyBoard patch. Please let me know if you want me to build one for you.

If there are no other issues I will work on producing another OverlayHD update to address the outstanding items and issue another test. If that goes well I will publish the update.

Regards,
Ian.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 17:29

IanSav wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 16:54
Hi Paul,

The MovieSelection Slim screen was broken. The new selection boxes did not have the appropriate positioning options. Now fixed. The CutList Editor is also currently broken but will be fixed shortly. (The playback status display space is too small so some displays are confusingly clipped.)

The VirtualKeyBoard screen in OverlayHD has been coded to support the old version of VirtualKeyBoard on Beyonwiz boxes and the new version everywhere else. Unfortunately I can't support both versions on the Beyonwiz image. If you want to keep using the new VirtualKeyBoard then I will have to build you an updated VirtualKeyBoard patch. Please let me know if you want me to build one for you.

If there are no other issues I will work on producing another OverlayHD update to address the outstanding items and issue another test. If that goes well I will publish the update.

Regards,
Ian.

Thanks Ian,

I tend to overlook that I use the "Slim" screen, which is actually full width in OverlayHD! I much prefer the extended text line for filenames. It was the feature that drew me to OverlayHD at the beginning.

Admittedly, my testing of CLE was less thorough - I actually did a quick edit as an afterthought via Openwebif. Your corrections will be welcome.

I am happy enough to revert to the old version of the onscreen virtual keyboard so as to minimise differences with mainstream OverlayHD development on the Wiz. It is not a feature I use much - I tend to use physical keyboards most of the time to rename stuff.
Denon AVR -X2400H

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Oct 02, 2018 20:38

Hi Paul,

Could you please download OverlayHD 1.68 and give it a good test run. The only significant changes I intended to make were to fix the CutList Editor screen and the Slim MovieSelection screens. There are a few image and font tweaks but not much else should have changed.

Please let me know ASAP what you think. If acceptable I will update the feed so that all users can be offered the update.

Regards,
Ian.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 01:45

No worries Ian.

I think I will reinstall 20180417 on the U4 to test on a fresh install with no frills to get the best read on 1.68. I'll then run the beta update and retry with no frills.

I do use Adoxa's loading update on the U4 and the additional cast information. These probably have no relevance but best avoided for now.
Denon AVR -X2400H

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Oct 03, 2018 03:03

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your testing. The Slim MovieSelection change is to address the formatting error you reported. The Beyonwiz CutList Editor change is to fix and improve the display of the Beyonwiz version of the CutList Editor.

Here is the current draft of the change release notes from OverlayHD 1.64 to OverlayHD 1.68.

OverlayHD version 1.65:
  • Correct spacing in CutListEditor templates
  • Correct spelling of the ETSI-ALL.png file
  • Optimise some of the the IceTV configuration tests
  • [skin_plugins.xml] Correct some overlapping components in IMDb screen
  • [skin_filemanagers.xml] Use MovieInfo converter enhancements
    • This change uses an enhanced MovieInfo converter that uses the same display options as the EventName converter. Specifically a new FullDescription option is now available together with the [Not]Separated and [Not]Trimmed options.
  • [skin.xml] Update colour buttons to use new objectTypes attribute
    • This new attribute allows screen objects to be overlapped in the screen definition but restrict the actual item being displayed based on the control used to produce the object.
  • Update skin and plugin to latest version of objectTypes implementation
    • This version of the skin and plugin now matches and supports the latest implementation of the objectTypes attribute.
  • [skin.xml] Add missing fonts used in OpenViX
OverlayHD version 1.66:
  • [skin_plugins.xml] Remove duplicated screen definitions
  • [skin_filemanagers.xml] Correct colour button heights
  • [skin_setup.xml] Update font size in IpkgInstaller
  • Update ON/OFF switch images for Setup screens
  • [skin.xml] Update ConfigList parameters
  • [skin.xml] Use new switchpixmap alphatest attribute
  • Update old PlexDVR plugin screen to new HRTunerProxy plugin screen
  • [skin_plugins.xml] Support ShootYourScreen plugin
  • [skin_system.xml] Improve TaskList screen
  • [skin_media.xml] Correct comment and move Web Cams to correct section
    • The Media Player was mislabelled as Music section
    • The Web Cams were incorrectly in the Photos section and not the Video section where they belong
  • [skin_media.xml] Add YouTube plugin screens
  • [skin.xml] Add initial support for auto display buttons
  • [skin.xml] Add noWrap attribute to all colour buttons
  • Allow multiple selections in the movie list (Prl - Pull request #26)
    • Add PNGs required for pull request #409
    • Allow multiple selections in the movie list in the easy-ui-4 repository.
  • Fix up default LCD picon (Prl - Pull request #27)
    • The default LCD picon, lcd_picon_default.png (used when no valid picon can be found) is an 8-bit greyscale colourmapped 76 x 45 pixel image with alpha plane. Picons need to be 8-bit direct greyscale 170 x 40 pixel images with a black background and no alpha plane. Changed lcd_picon_default.png accordingly.
  • Replace alphatest="on" with alphatest="blend"
    • This change aligns the skin with updated image processing code.
  • [skin_filemanagers.xml] Update FileCommander screens
    • Add the new FileCommander file/directory information screen.
    • Remove the old definition for the FileCommander settings screen which is now replaced by the system Setup screen.
  • [skin.xml] Add Setup image for FileCommander
  • Fix issue #674: [skins] Increase default font size for FileList (Prl - Pull request #29)
    • Add new FileList font alias with font size 20 (code default 18) and height 25 (code default 25).
  • [skin_filemanagers.xml] Add missing help buttons from FileCommander
  • Add DejaVu fonts
    • This change is prompted by Pull Request #28 made by Prl but it conflicted with a pending change already in the works.
    • These open source fonts have better support none non English languages.
  • Add user defined colour place-holders
  • Fix issue #678: Settings and actions menu for FileCommander (Prl - Pull request #30)
    • Add screen skin FileCommanderContextMenu for new context menu in FileCommander.
  • [skin.xml] Add Setup image templates Add place-holder templates for more of the Setup screens.
  • [skin.xml] Correct DejaVu font file names
  • Update button templates and plugin
    • Update colour buttons to latest implementation based on objectTypes attribute
    • Move colour buttons into ScreenTemplate
    • Move automatic version of MENU, INFO, TEXT and HELP buttons into ScreenTemplate
    • Remove unnecessary calls to ScreenTemplateButtonColours from through out the skin
    • Update OverlayHD plugin to latest Python support module standards (OpenViX now supports Beyonwiz style ActionMaps
OverlayHD version 1.67:
  • Fix issue #673: Tidy up FileCommander list headers (Prl - Pull request #31)
    • Use two widgets for the header entries, one a name widget for the file path and the other a source with a List/TemplatedMultiContent/Listbox chain to display the file status.
    • Display the symbolic file mode, the scaled file size and the modification time in the file mode.
    • Put the File Commander file lists skin into a panel so that the panel can be used in both FileCommanderScreen and FileCommander
  • Fix issue #681: Show link targets in File Commander file status (Prl - Pull request #31)
    • Add skin widgets for the link contents label, the contents themselves and a hideable separator pinstripe.
    • Reduce the height of the list so that the widgets can be placed just under the list.
  • Update CutListEditor to match update in easy-ui-4 (Adoxa - Pull request #25)
  • Update FileCommander mark icons
  • Update ON/OFF switch images for Setup screens
  • [skin_fiemanagers.xml] Update FileCommander
    • This change brings in compatibility with the latest FileCommander changes. Both the old and new style header codings are supported.
  • [skin_filenamagers.xml] Change movie search font
    • Change the MovieSelection search character font to allow full access to glyphs for all languages.
  • [skin_filemanagers.xml] Update MovieSelection Beyonwiz screen
    • This change adapts the Beyonwiz version of the MovieSelection screen to cope with the new file selection UI.
  • [skin.xml] Minor corrections - Correct the TextNormal font size
    • Remove the forced HELP button from the Setup screen
    • Correct the title for the Screensaver screen
  • [skin.xml] Update VirtualKeyBoard screen
    • Make the VirtualKeyBoard a full screen display rather than a pop up screen
    • Provide different VirtualKeyBoard screens for Beyonwiz and OpenViX
  • [skin.xml] Update NumericalTextInputHelpDialog font and layout
    • Use the DejaVu font to have more support for different languages
    • Widen the columns to allow for more characters per digit
    • Remove the "<" and ">" to the left and right of "0" as these characters are not available via those buttons
OverlayHD version 1.68:
  • Replace image that causes a crash in OpenViX
    • This is a replacement small black 1 x 1 pixel image. The previous version caused a crash when loaded into OpenViX 5.2 firmware.
  • Improve transport control icons
  • [skin_filemanagers.xml] Update Slim MovieSelection Beyonwiz screen
    • This change adapts the Beyonwiz version of the Slim MovieSelection screen to cope with the new file selection UI. (This change was missed in the 43b696c92da2a09943b6973cba46e0b3ed6b0375 commit.)
  • [skin_plugins.xml] Rework and improve CutList Editor screen
    • The CutList Editor screen layout has been reworked to improve presentation and resolve clipping of the speed display.
    • There are now two versions of the CutList Editor screen to account for the different versions of the plugin on Beyonwiz and elsewhere.
  • [plugin.py] Match SMSHelperFont and bump version number
    • Set default SMSHelperFont to match the new font used in skin.xml.
    • Bump the plugin version number to reflect skin and plugin changes.
Unless you find something broken I would like to get this out to users ASAP to eliminate the problems due to recent changes from annoying users.

Regards,
Ian.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 15:55

Ian,

Congratulations, I think this is fine. :D

I haven't found any reason to delay the release. I see that the 201809xx beta is a minimum requirement for 1.68. Everything I explored looked fine and works, including the cutlist editor and execute cuts. No other tweaks were necessary to have it work well. I went through all the main screens and tried some odd functions like create a directory and rename a file.

I would suggest for the Virtual Keyboard, the text for the GREEN and RED buttons (OK/EXIT) be added to the buttons at the bottom of the screen but this is a small detail. I did notice that pressing OK adds the current selected character to the filename if not on OK whereas GREEN saves and exits.
Denon AVR -X2400H

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Oct 03, 2018 19:19

Hi Paul,
Paul_oz53 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 15:55
Congratulations, I think this is fine. :D
Thank you for your assistance.
Paul_oz53 wrote:
I haven't found any reason to delay the release. I see that the 201809xx beta is a minimum requirement for 1.68. Everything I explored looked fine and works, including the cutlist editor and execute cuts. No other tweaks were necessary to have it work well. I went through all the main screens and tried some odd functions like create a directory and rename a file.
I will prepare the update feed shortly.
Paul_oz53 wrote:
I would suggest for the Virtual Keyboard, the text for the GREEN and RED buttons (OK/EXIT) be added to the buttons at the bottom of the screen but this is a small detail. I did notice that pressing OK adds the current selected character to the filename if not on OK whereas GREEN saves and exits.
This is all as expected for the old VirtualKeyBoard. If Beyonwiz ever adopts the new version then the UI is different and much improved.

Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Fri Oct 05, 2018 09:50

I just had an on-line update to OverlayHD 1.68 come through. :D I was running f/w 17.5 20181003 at the time. The update went without issues on both our T2 & U4 (but before updating I ran OverlayHD-patch remove.sh & uninstalled other patches/scripts just to be on the safe side).

This version looks nice. I am sure there are a lot of changes/fixes, but the most obvious & pleasing to me after a very quick look were: No more live TV bleed through of the icons. No more flashing around the coloured buttons. Octal file permissions (plus other info) are shown in the header of File Commander as each file is highlighted.

I haven’t worked out yet what the selection boxes are for in the Movie List but I’m sure that will become obvious after a bit of use.

It will be good not to have to worry about OverlayHD-patch when each f/w update comes through.

Nicely done Ian, many thanks for your hard work & making a good skin even better. And to Paul for beta testing. :)
Dennis

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:03

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the kind feedback.

A number of the changes will not be visible until the Beyonwiz firmware catches up with OpenPLi and OpenViX. There has also been some effort made to future proof OverlayHD. The main effort was to implement support for the new BUTTONGUIDE proposal for automatic display of appropriate buttons in the UI. As code gets updated to implement the proposal the OverlayHD skin will automatically adapt.

Regards,
Ian.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19

sub3R wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 09:50
I haven’t worked out yet what the selection boxes are for in the Movie List but I’m sure that will become obvious after a bit of use.
Use 0 (toggle mark), NEXT (toggle and move down; long press to mark all) and PREV (toggle and move up; long press to remove all) to mark movies which can then be played/deleted/moved/copied/reset as a single entity. (The built-in skins only display the mark when marked.)

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:48

sub3R wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 09:50
... Octal file permissions (plus other info) are shown in the header of File Commander as each file is highlighted.

The way that is done was changed in the File Commander code, and all skins, pre-installed and OverlayHD, benefit from more flexibility in what can be displayed there.

OverlayHD displays both the octal file mode and the symbolic mode (the pre-installed skins only display it symbolically). and all skins show the scaled file size (in bytes/kb/Mb/GB etc) and the modification time, though OverlayHD shows time, then size, while the pre-installed skins show size then time (the pre-installed skins follow the order of the fields in the ls -l command output).

The skin author can now select from a number of different file attributes and ways of formatting them in the display for the highlighted file, though the display area would probably need to be made bigger to accommodate more information.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:05

adoxa wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19
Use 0 (toggle mark), NEXT (toggle and move down; long press to mark all) and PREV (toggle and move up; long press to remove all) to mark movies which can then be played/deleted/moved/copied/reset as a single entity. ...
It just tried that & it is a very useful feature. Nice work.
Dennis

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:06

prl wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:48
The way that is done was changed in the File Commander code, and all skins, pre-installed and OverlayHD, benefit from more flexibility in what can be displayed there.
I remember you did a lot of good work in File Commander & now with OverlayHD 1.68 I can see some of that work. It was probably obvious in the built-in skins but I don’t use those.
Dennis

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Oct 05, 2018 13:26

Hi,

The first two posts in this thread have been updated with information and details regarding the new OverlayHD version 1.68 release.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 05, 2018 14:31

sub3R wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:06
prl wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:48
I remember you did a lot of good work in File Commander & now with OverlayHD 1.68 I can see some of that work. It was probably obvious in the built-in skins but I don’t use those.

Yes, the built-in skins were updated when the changes were made. For various reasons it was difficult for IanSav to make the corresponding changes available in OverlayHD as the code was changed.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Oct 05, 2018 14:58

Hi,

Part of the reason for the delay were the changes I made to OverlayHD to support some of the new features in VirtualKeyBoard etc had to be reworked when PeterU did not allow the new code to be merged. Delays were also caused because my time now has to be split between work on Beyonwiz, OpenViX and OpenPLi.

These delays will continue to be an issue while Beyonwiz does not keep pace with other changes being made in OpenViX. :( (The two were kept closer in the past.)

Regards,
Ian.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Oct 05, 2018 15:50

We just have to be patient :)
PeterU has explained that they wanted a period of stability on the current firmware following the release of the U4. Avoiding a major upheaval of the firmware that is inevitably involved in a major upstream merge until later.
I'm going out on a long limb and guessing that once the current beta is made official, PeterU may have the time and inclination to start up a major update process :)

In any case, the upgrade is going to involve a USB-only update procedure, and potentially a fresh start on user setting (no restores), so that's not something you want to foist onto users too often :).
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Oct 05, 2018 15:54

Hi MrQuade,

PeterU's last post on the topic of new firmware versions indicated that he had no plans to start a new firmware branch any time soon. That is why I went to all the effort if reworking OverlayHD to get updates flowing again.

Regards,
Ian.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Oct 05, 2018 15:57

IanSav wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 15:54
PeterU's last post on the topic of new firmware versions indicated that he had no plans to start a new firmware branch any time soon. That is why I went to all the effort if reworking OverlayHD to get updates flowing again.
I took that to mean "not this year". So not soon, but I don't think he meant it to be interpreted as "it's not even on the horizon".

paullings
Master

Post by paullings » Mon Oct 08, 2018 16:05

Hi Ian,
I've been away for a while and have just updated to v1.68. Looks really good and thanks for your all your efforts on this.
I think there was discussion on this and I think I missed it but is it possible to make the boxes around the selection ticks either on or off.
Thanks
Robert

U4 2TB (Jan 2018) 19.3.20211010 , HDMI
T3 1TB (Dec 2014) 19.3.20211010 , Front Panel 20057, HDMI, Warkus'd 2018 & still going
IceTV, Series2Folder, OverlayHD 1.70
Samsung 55"OLED TV, Apple TV, ReadyNAS 214, Sonos Arc, Harmony Ultimate One
Windows 10

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Oct 08, 2018 20:01

Hi Robert,

If you mean the selection boxes in the MovieSelection screen then no, that is not possible. This column is always shown even if no selections are active. I need to keep the space free in case file selection is invoked.

I would have preferred if the code hid the selection column until it is actually needed / used.

Regards,
Ian.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 08, 2018 21:51

I think he just means a toggle to not render the boxes at all regardless of the column being present.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Oct 09, 2018 00:01

Hi MrQuade,
MrQuade wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 21:51
I think he just means a toggle to not render the boxes at all regardless of the column being present.
I think Robert should clarify what he meant but the issue is the same. The selections column must always be rendered and hence takes up screen display space. I chose to have something occupy that space rather than have an unbalanced screen and field questions about the unexpected indentation.

Regards,
Ian.

paullings
Master

Post by paullings » Tue Oct 09, 2018 06:20

It was really just a general question about whether they could be toggled on or off as MrQuade said. However as you've explained you have valid reasons for not doing this so I'm happy with that.
Robert

T3 1TB (Dec 2014) 19.3.20211010 , Front Panel 20057, HDMI, Warkus'd 2018 & still going
Windows 10

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Oct 09, 2018 09:22

IanSav wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 20:01
I would have preferred if the code hid the selection column until it is actually needed / used.

That's a bit messy to do, because the method that builds a display row (MovieList.buildMovieListEntry()) doesn't have any global information about whether any marks are set. It's called once per visible row.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

paullings
Master

Post by paullings » Fri Oct 19, 2018 14:53

Hi Ian,
Would it be possible to make the colour of the selection boxes configurable and then the user could make the choice of having them visible or not by making them black. Would this affect the ticks at all.
After using the new Overlay for a couple of weeks it would my preference to not have them visible and the indentation wouldn't concern me.
Thanks
Robert

Windows 10

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 19, 2018 15:05

paullings wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 14:53
Would it be possible to make the colour of the selection boxes configurable and then the user could make the choice of having them visible or not by making them black. Would this affect the ticks at all.

The selection boxes are displayed by switching between the images in two PNG image files. There isn't a general way in the UI code (and hence in the skins) to recolour image files (or pixmaps). I think that this is also the reason why screens with borders (i.e. popups) don't really colour the way you might want them to when you use a Screen background colour other than black in OverlayHD.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Oct 19, 2018 15:48

Hi Robert,

Sorry but this is an issue that will have to be fixed in the code. It is beyond the capabilities of a skin to resolve.

When I have some time I may visit the code to see if this can be addressed. (I am not a fan of the current look but I didn't have any real options.)

Regards,
Ian.

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02

Hi,

Received our caravan U4 back from BW this morning, and after testing, reinstalling the HDD, I installed the IanSavBeyonwizFeed plugin (V1.1) so I could install OverlayHD.

I selected V1.69, that gave an error message about incorrect FW, U4 has 2018-04-17, so fair enough, then V1.64 went missing from the list! Selected V1.69, thinking the menu may have got screwed-up, same message. Then the Skins menu section disappeared. A GUI Restart fixed it, then I selected V1.64 from the menu, and received the same error message.

Overlay 1.64 install.jpg
After Error.jpg
After Error.jpg (121.27 KiB) Viewed 5620 times

I've installed V1.64 from a download instead. That worked OK.

Sorry I don't have a Log to attach as I hadn't enabled it.

No other plugins installed, apart from EPGRefresh and the defaults, but I did remove IceTV (not much use in the caravan - YouTube next to go).

Thanks,

dRdoS7

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:46

Hi dRdoS7,

Those firmware versions are so old that OverlayHD has moved on. I will try and find an older version to put online so you can find a version to install.

I really wish there was a more recent production firmware version so all this issues would go away.

Regards,
Ian.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Dec 14, 2018 13:18

Hi dRdoS7,

I just checked OverlayHD versions and the 1.64 version should install on your older version of the firmware. Can you please confirm that you are actually trying to install OverlayHD version 1.64 on your receiver.

Regards,
Ian.

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 15:31

Hi,
IanSav wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 13:18
I just checked OverlayHD versions and the 1.64 version should install on your older version of the firmware.

It did, but not via the Feed plugin.
Can you please confirm that you are actually trying to install OverlayHD version 1.64 on your receiver.
Yes, and it did just fine with the downloaded install.

After the error message, when using the Feed, it deletes a selection from the Skin menu, then the next failed install it deletes the Skin menu.

Thanks,

dRdoS7

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Sun Dec 23, 2018 15:06

Hi Ian,
After my T4 resurrection, I've had to reinstall the fw and have now also moved from Overlay 1.64 to 1.69.
I was going to ask about the check boxes in the Media list, but I saw an answer to that a few posts up. No problem.
However, just a quick query about the file recording information on the right hand side.
I have hdmi recordings which I rename, and the info that's now on the right is showing the path and the original file name (I'm 99% sure that wasn't the case previously... but my memory is not the best :roll: ).

e.g. rename of file (which is normally just 'HDMI' for hdmi recordings) is 'Death Wish (2017)',
the file name on the right is 'media/hdd/20181221 2107 - HDMI - HDMI.ts' (which I believe is what the system uses).

Is that how it should be? (I don't care either way)

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Dec 23, 2018 15:21

Hi Star6key,

You would need to give me a screen shot with a highlight of exactly what field you are querying but in general there was a change to OverlyHD to correctly report directory names, when highlighted, rather than display nothing. I didn't think that change would affect recordings.

Regards,
Ian.

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Sun Dec 23, 2018 15:51

IanSav wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 15:21
Hi Star6key,

You would need to give me a screen shot with a highlight of exactly what field you are querying but in general there was a change to OverlyHD to correctly report directory names, when highlighted, rather than display nothing. I didn't think that change would affect recordings.

Regards,
Ian.
Actually, having the 'real' name is probably not so bad.
8192_0_1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_20181223164802.jpg
8192_0_1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_20181223164802.jpg (97.72 KiB) Viewed 5550 times

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Dec 23, 2018 15:57

Hi Star6key,

I suspect that the right side information may be the result of HDMI recordings not having or populating the meta files in the same way as regular recordings.

Regards,
Ian.

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Sun Dec 23, 2018 16:13

IanSav wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 15:57
Hi Star6key,

I suspect that the right side information may be the result of HDMI recordings not having or populating the meta files in the same way as regular recordings.

Regards,
Ian.
Fair enough. :)

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Dec 23, 2018 17:26

Star6key wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 15:06
I have hdmi recordings which I rename, and the info that's now on the right is showing the path and the original file name (I'm 99% sure that wasn't the case previously... but my memory is not the best :roll: ).

e.g. rename of file (which is normally just 'HDMI' for hdmi recordings) is 'Death Wish (2017)',
the file name on the right is 'media/hdd/20181221 2107 - HDMI - HDMI.ts' (which I believe is what the system uses).

The name comes from the ts.meta file (2nd line). It would have been created when the recording was initially listed in the media selection list.

Delete the *.ts.meta file, and let it be recreated; as previously mentioned:
https://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewt ... 05#p166009

You can also use OpenWebif to rename the recordings, and it'll rename the entry in the meta file; but you didn't like that method.

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Sun Dec 23, 2018 21:52

Oh yeah... thanks GG for reminding me. Honestly, I rename with whatever method I find convenient at the time, but yes, using webif is the best way to go (when I remember... :lol: ).

Return to “Skins”