10 Bold: Description Missing From Info Bar

Moderators: Gully, peteru

billyblue
Apprentice

10 Bold: Description Missing From Info Bar

Post by billyblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 16:24

On both my U4 & V2 when switching to 10 Bold, "10 Bold" is replaced by "DVB service" as the description (top line, starting after the time and service number) in the info bar.

All other channels (incl the others from 10) show the name of the channel - eg 10 Shake. "10 Bold" is shown at the bottom left of the info bar.

Both units are on 19.3.20211010 and are located in Melbourne.

My TVs do not replicate the format, but I can't see the equiv problem with them, so I can't actually confirm whether or not it's a broadcast or a BW issue.

- Don't recall this being a problem before the update to the Prod release (from RC3).

Any one else seeing this?

prl
Wizard God

Re: 10 Bold: Description Missing From Info Bar

Post by prl » Wed Jan 12, 2022 16:48

The channel names are written to a file when you do a service scan. Did you do a service scan after upgrading your U4 & V2 to the new official release?

The channel name is also appears in the channel list (press FAV from live TV), do you see "DVB service" in the slot that should show 10 BOLD (the picon for 10 BOLD should be correct: it doesn't depend on the channel name).

The issue can probably be fixed by doing a new service scan.

That's assuming that you didn't rename the channel to "DVB service" yourself, though that's an unlikely name to have chosen if you did.

I don't see this problem in Canberra on a V2 running firmware 20211010 (the most recent official release), but I haven't done a service scan for some time, but I just did a re-scan and the channel name is correct for 10 BOLD.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Gully

Post by Gully » Wed Jan 12, 2022 16:49

Fine here on my U4 also on 20211010 in Melbourne.

Sounds like you might have edited the service names maybe?
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 12, 2022 16:57

Gully wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 16:49
Sounds like you might have edited the service names maybe?

It's possible, but it seems an unlikely name to have entered accidentally. When you start editing, the text entry box is filled with the current channel name.

On the other hand, it is exactly the name you get returned from the lower levels of the firmware when a channel's name hasn't been found in a service scan (or set to something manually).

The odd thing about that is that it failed to find the channel name on both billyblue's U4 and V2 which would have peobably have had their scans done at different times, though there may have been an error in 10's signal for long enough for it to have been missed on both scans.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

billyblue
Apprentice

Post by billyblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 18:00

Last service scan was late Nov (? that big storm blew the old antenna down), so scans were done at both on the same day the new one was installed.
Never edited the service names.
Favourites has "10 Bold" (picon?) and "<n/a>"
Last Scanned has "10 Bold" (picon?) and "10 BOLD". Swapping to this and the problem goes away.
And FTR: The "10 Bold" line in the EPG has the correct picon but "<n/a>" as the desc next to it.

So I have deleted the old 10 Bold in Favourites and added the one from Last Scanned. Problem solved.

Gully

Post by Gully » Wed Jan 12, 2022 21:49

prl wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 16:57

It's possible, but it seems an unlikely name to have entered accidentally. When you start editing, the text entry box is filled with the current channel name.

On the other hand, it is exactly the name you get returned from the lower levels of the firmware when a channel's name hasn't been found in a service scan (or set to something manually).

The odd thing about that is that it failed to find the channel name on both billyblue's U4 and V2 which would have peobably have had their scans done at different times, though there may have been an error in 10's signal for long enough for it to have been missed on both scans.
Fair enough. That makes more sense though as you say the scans would have had to be done around the same time then.
Cheers
Gully

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”