Delete Mount Problem.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

billyblue
Apprentice

Delete Mount Problem.

Post by billyblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 18:38

When deleting a mount point it does not get deleted from the file etc/auto.network.

I've been playing around with my NAS boxes again and had to delete and add mounts and bumped into a problem I've seen before: a deleted mount still appears in the popup "Choose movie path" (Media/Location yellow button).

Previously the only way I knew of to clear the deleted mount from the popup was to do a USB firmware update. Today I've edited the file etc/auto.network to delete the old mount and restarted the BW and the deleted mount has gone from the popup.

The above is the case for both my U4 & V2. They are currently on 20211007, though I am sure this bug has been around for many previous versions.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Delete Mount Problem.

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 18, 2021 18:52

The "locations" pop-up normally remember recently used paths and doesn't check to see if they have been deleted. The list of recent locations is normally cleared on a reboot.

Items being left over in auto network is possibly linked to several known problems with network mounts.

Prl did have a raft of updates to the bounty manager that I think were put on the backburner when he was put out of action while back. I'm not sure how many of the fixes made it into the current release candidate firmware.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

billyblue
Apprentice

Post by billyblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 19:43

MrQuade wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 18:52
The "locations" pop-up normally remember recently used paths and doesn't check to see if they have been deleted. The list of recent locations is normally cleared on a reboot.
With the number of reboots I've done I'm 99.9% sure that it doesn't get cleared by a reboot.
A friend with knowledge of the code did say that the list would be updated after a period of non use, but couldn't find what that period was.
My 2 cents - more than a week; and the list is in that file.

Hopefully Prl can confirm that his changes will fix the problem... one day. At least it's documented!

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 18, 2021 19:48

Yes, I have a bunch of fixes waiting for me to finish the work. I haven't submitted them yet because the biggest one is stlii to do.

There are a lot of bugs, especially if you make changes to the mount after it has been created.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”