Single EPG: filters

Moderators: Gully, peteru

adoxa
Wizard

Single EPG: filters

Post by adoxa » Mon Aug 02, 2021 21:15

Ages ago there was a request to add a filter to OWIF's EPG. I didn't do that, but did add a filter to the Single EPG, which, for whatever reason, I never made public. I've recently added a second filter, which is what prompted the highlight. I don't intend to add filters to the other EPGs (or OWIF), as they're more time-based, so removing the name isn't going to do much.

I've called the filters "permanent" (toggled in options) and "temporary" (toggled via SUBTITLE, always off when the EPG is opened). Currently I use STOP to add/remove the permanent filter and SLOW for the temporary. However, since not all remotes have SLOW I was thinking of using STOP for both. The filters are currently done as exact name matches, any service.

If there's an interest for this I'll make a patch available when I add highlight to my own code.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Single EPG: filters

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Aug 02, 2021 22:20

So open the single EPG, select an event, filter with STOP/SLOW, and the EPG is reduced to just those matching events?
Current bouquet is ignored?
I don't understand the "permanent/temporary" difference though. Does a permanent filter persist across EPG opens (until cancelled or changed)?

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Mon Aug 02, 2021 22:43

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 22:20
So open the single EPG, select an event, filter with STOP/SLOW, and the EPG is reduced to just those matching events?
No, opposite, the filter removes all such events. I've called it "Apply filter", but it seems that might have to change.

I don't understand the "permanent/temporary" difference though. Does a permanent filter persist across EPG opens (until cancelled or changed)?
Yes, the permanent filter is for stuff you never want to see (shopping, religious). I really got sick of seeing all the repeats on 10's services, but still didn't want to filter them permanently, so added the temporary filter. This must always be explicitly enabled after the EPG is opened, but will remain active during channel changes (it adds " (*)" to the end of the service name).

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Aug 02, 2021 23:17

So are the filters a collection of event names? If so, how are they maintained?

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:24

Internally as a set, externally as a plain, sorted, text file, one name per line. Currently I have no user interface for it (and would rather not), but the file is re-read when the filter is turned on, so it's possible to turn the filter off, edit the file manually, turn the filter on.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:48

Understood, thanks.

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Tue Aug 03, 2021 14:43

This would be brilliant if it could be applied to the full epg. All that would need to be done is to change the text of the offending title (I'm thinking something along the lines of 'CRAP') and remove the description. This way the epg itself remains the same (apart from the text).

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Aug 03, 2021 15:52

How about a pair of Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Sun Aug 29, 2021 23:37

This didn't really go anywhere, so should be continued in the highlight topic.

"Apply filter" has become "Hide titles"; "permanent" is "hide"; "temporary" is "ignore". What I forgot to mention there is that it will also blank out the names of hidden titles in the Graphical EPG; it must still be configured from the Single EPG, though.

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”