OK & red buttons on T4 remote sending signal twice

Moderators: Gully, peteru

brettski
On probation

OK & red buttons on T4 remote sending signal twice

Post by brettski » Fri Sep 20, 2019 21:24

I've noticed when I go into Menu or Media, pushing the OK button causes the T4 to respond to it twice and go two layers in.

For example, I click Menu, go to AutoTimer, push OK, and it takes me past the list of timers and into the settings for an individual timer. It takes a number of tries repeating the process to get to the desired screen.

Or, going into Media, selecting a recording and pressing OK will play the recording and bring up the info screen over the top which you have to exit out of. This mainly seems to be more of an issue with the OK button, acting like it's been pressed twice, but does also occasionally occur when using the red button to delete recordings in the Media menu, causing the recording below the one you're deleting to get deleted as well. Things get more frustrating when you need to go to the trash to get it back. You have to push OK a few times as it keeps flashing likes it been pressed twice returning you to the same screen. Once you do get to the trash, and press Menu on a recording, if I go to Move and press OK, it jumps into the Select Location screen and says <Parent directory> and I have to Exit out and try the process again until I get the Choose destination pop up to appear.

Is my remote just buggy, or does it sound like an issue with the T4 itself?

Thanks,
Brett

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: OK & red buttons on T4 remote sending signal twice

Post by MrQuade » Fri Sep 20, 2019 21:54

That's often the result of low batteries.

The T4 remote eats batteries up very quickly because of the backlight. When the voltage on the batteries drops, the remote tends to send extra keypresses.

In any case, it is unlikely to be the T4.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

brettski
On probation

Re: OK & red buttons on T4 remote sending signal twice

Post by brettski » Thu Sep 26, 2019 22:45

Changing the batteries did the trick. Feeling like a bit of a noob, but at least I know for next time it starts happening. So glad I can use my machine without frustration again!

Thanks for the tip :D

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”