V2 crashed while deleting a running recording

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Half Round
Master

V2 crashed while deleting a running recording

Post by Half Round » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:25

V2 with external double tuner crashed when deleting running recording among others being recorded. Unit froze with small picture in centre of screen with surrounding black area. At top of screen was message about sending in crash log . This was follows by message that unit would reboot in 10 seconds. This did not occur. the display was showing 'REC'. No remote commands or front panel switch working. Waited some time in case it was recording then did power off-on. Came back to life OK. Recordings had stopped at the event time. Crash log forwarded for quick check if anything obvious happened. Posted in this forum as no special V2 area.
Attachments
Enigma2_crash_2019-07-28_20-41-36.log
(41.85 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
cheers
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Re: V2 crashed while deleting a running recording

Post by prl » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:35

That's a bit odd.

The crash is happening in the code for resuming playback at the last played point when playback started on the recording. That shouldn't be being called when you delete a recording while it's still being recorded unless that's causing a new recording to be started.

What settings do you have for the following in MEDIA, MENU>Settings:
When a movie reaches the end

And in MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings:
Behaviour when a movie is stopped
Behaviour when a movie is started

And did you finish off the playback by pressing STOP on the remote or by skipping past the end of the recording?

Unfortunately the crash log doesn't go back far enough in time to see much of the context of button presses before the crash.

However, the button press immediately before the crash was EXIT, and it seems to have been pressed when a popup message was shown (not the "Recording in progress" popup you get when you delete a running recording).

Can you remember what exactly what you did, starting with the action that caused the "Recording in progress: Cancel/Stop recording/Stop recording and delete" to appear?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Half Round
Master

Post by Half Round » Mon Jul 29, 2019 14:49

Hi Peter,

However, the button press immediately before the crash was EXIT, and it seems to have been pressed when a popup message was shown (not the "Recording in progress" popup you get when you delete a running recording).
Exit is our 'get out of a problem' button (again on Harmony remote).

Can you remember what exactly what you did, starting with the action that caused the "Recording in progress: Cancel/Stop recording/Stop recording and delete" to appear?
We had some recordings running and a couple later. Decided to watch a recording that was still running. After a period decided not to watch and stopped playback and then selected delete. Machine asks what to do and we normally select '3' delete and stop recording.
I was not in the room at this instant, so can't answer further.

And did you finish off the playback by pressing STOP on the remote or by skipping past the end of the recording? - finished playback by pressing stop (white square on Harmony remote).

What settings do you have for the following in MEDIA, MENU>Settings:
When a movie reaches the end - Returns to movie list.

And in MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings:
Behaviour when a movie is stopped - return to movie list
Behaviour when a movie is started - ask user with default as 'yes'

Thanks for having a look Peter. It's going great again, so probably not worth too much investigation. Will wait to see if it ever happens again.
cheers
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 29, 2019 15:52

I had a play around with various things deleting active recordings, but I couldn't trigger the bug. If it happens again, please try to post as much detail as possible about what was done to trigger the crash.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Jul 29, 2019 16:27

prl wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 15:52
I had a play around with various things deleting active recordings, but I couldn't trigger the bug. If it happens again, please try to post as much detail as possible about what was done to trigger the crash.
Did you try deleting a recording in progress while in the middle of playing it back as well?

I know Half_Round said that playback was stopped at the time....but just in case.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 29, 2019 17:35

No, because that's not what Half Round said was done. But I just did, and nothing bad happened.

I'm assuming you mean: start a recording, MEDIA, select active recording, OK to play it, MEDIA, select active recording RED Delete, 3 Stop recording and delete.

I also just tried deleting an active recording with "Use trash in movie list" disabled, and that didn't have a problem, either.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 29, 2019 17:39

However, I did just notice that if the V2 is set to display REC on the front panel when recording, and you delete a the recording in the media selection list, the front panel keeps showing REC, though the power button LED is reset back to blue from purple.

Exiting the media selection list seems to fix the REC display.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Jul 29, 2019 18:03

prl wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 17:35
I'm assuming you mean: start a recording, MEDIA, select active recording, OK to play it, MEDIA, select active recording RED Delete, 3 Stop recording and delete.
Yep.
I was going to try those steps myself when I was back at home.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”