T4 Signal Level drops when recording

Moderators: Gully, peteru

sonycrt
Apprentice

T4 Signal Level drops when recording

Post by sonycrt » Thu Jun 06, 2019 21:16

I have a T4 in Sydney that has up to date software (Bootloader Jun 15, Front Panel 20057, Drivers 2016-04-05) and when I start a recording the signal level of other channels (that shows when you press OK) decreases.

As an example;

1. Channel 7 has a low signal level to start with of about 27%, If I start a recording on channel 9 and then flick back to channel 7 I can get no signal and no picture.

2. Channel 9 has a signal level of 69%. If I switch to channel 7 and start recording then switch back to channel 9, the signal level has dropped from 69% to 27%.

Trying to get more than 2 stations recording at one time is very hard and if any show is recording I generally can't access channel 7.

So it appears that starting a recording on any channel decreases the signal level on other channels.

Has anyone seen this problem before ?

Thanks

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: T4 Signal Level drops when recording

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jun 06, 2019 22:11

That's an old 'Drivers' version (latest T4 is 20180416) so I suspect you have very old firmware too - what does MENU>>Information>>About, then 'Last upgrade' value for older / ' Revision' value for newer firmware report?

Regardless, I wonder if you're at the early stage of the tuner regulator issue. Have a look here.
Power down, remove power cord, wait 30 mins, then pop off the cover of your T4 and have a look - see the thread photos (and its link by prl to Whirlpool) for comparison photos.

What does MENU>>Information>>Devices report for the tuners - all four?

sonycrt
Apprentice

Post by sonycrt » Thu Jun 06, 2019 22:38

Thanks … last upgrade was 2017- 03-10. I can't see any value for older revision value.

IN devices it detects all 4 tuners.

I have tried the 'Check for Updates Now' and it says nothing to upgrade.

What's the best way to updated software/drivers ?

Thanks

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jun 06, 2019 22:57

That firmware is two years old.
Get the latest 20190207 from here - https://beyonwiz.com.au/downloads/
You'll need to setup from scratch. If your T4 is connected to your home network, then open http://beyonwizt4/api/settings in a browser and print them off to guide you through your settings values when you setup again.
Take some pics of your timers, or screen-scrape the list of timers from OpenWebif.

sonycrt
Apprentice

Post by sonycrt » Mon Nov 04, 2019 21:44

OK please find an update. I sent the T4 for repair to Mark (mark@vasile.com.au) as suggested on this forum. There were two problems;

1. The T4 has Ver 1.1 mainboard and this has version had the poor quality thermal paste on the tuner regulator heat sinks. The paste was starting to leak and so Mark cleaned board and replaced both regulators. This job needed to be done.

2. The above fix improved it immensely however the regulators was not the only problem as Tuner 1 would still intermittently loose signal. Mark replaced the tuner but that did not fix it. Marks suspects there is a fracture in one of the tracks on the board .. impossible to fix and so we have disabled Tuner 1 as the solution.

As an aside Mark was incredibly professional, very knowledgeable on Beyonwiz and very reasonable in terms of pricing. I would thoroughly recommend Mark if you have any hardware problems with your Beyonwiz.

Regards

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”