Enhancement (or bug fix?): Ask user when Automatic resolution changes

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Enhancement (or bug fix?): Ask user when Automatic resolution changes

Post by prl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 15:25

If you change the HDMI output setting by changing MENU>Setup>AV setup>AV settings>Mode (Automatic resolution off), You get an "Is this video mode OK?" popup, and if you don't answer "yes" (either by answering "no" or it timing out) you revert to the previous video Mode setting.

However, if you change your HDMI output by enabling of disabling Automatic resolution (or any of its conversion settings), you get no warning at all, and the settings it enables set HDMI out to 2160p for all source resolutions.

This has already caught out one user with a non-4k TV (Help! U4 not displaying video/sound) and perhaps a second one (Help I've lost HDMI signal on brand new U4).

I think that part of the problem is that the option has a "well why wouldn't I want that" look to it: Automatic resolution: If enabled the output resolution will try to match the resolution of the video content.

I think the setting name should be more accurate, and the description should indicate that the settings below it need to be configured.

If its state is changed, or any of its settings are changed, the user should get a popup listing the changes, and a chance to "bail out" if the changes aren't correct.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”