Queries: Instant Recording & Channel Infobar

Moderators: Gully, peteru

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: Queries: Instant Recording & Channel Infobar

Post by IanSav » Wed Jan 31, 2018 09:26

Hi Prl,

My apologies for causing you frustration. I am still unable to look at an active Beyonwiz UI or check things out myself. I hope this situation will be resolved when my T3 comes back repaired. I don't know if Mark has been able to fix my T4. When I can look at things myself I am sure the information will better lock in to my consciousness.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:06

IanSav wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 19:33
Will this be delivered as a "TemplatedMultiContent" list? If so all the elements could be made available for skinners can draw the list in any way they please. ;)

I hadn't intended to, but it could be done that way. The TimerList widget is already moderately skinnable: the service name, event name and body fonts can be skinned, as can the list item height and the split between the upper and lower parts of the item, the padding around icons and the location of the orbpos data for satellite receivers (unused in the Beyonwiz firmware). Along with that all the standard eListbox attributes can be skinned. The current OverlayHD skin only makes use of the standard eListbox attributes.

I would probably want to add colour options for the progress bar and its elapsed/remaining indicators. If the three-line option is chosen, an additional line height split would need to be added for control of relative heights of the lines within a timer entry.

The advantages of the current implementation (not templated) is that it automatically adjusts its layout for the sizes (and presence) of its component parts. So if the satellite orbpos isn't used, its space is used by other elements. The fields for elapsed and remaining time adjust their width for the font used, and the progress bar adjusts for the sizes and presence of the orbpos and time indicators. It would be relatively easy to have user-selection of whether to use a 2- or 3-line layout, and even whether elapsed or remaining time (or both, or neither) are shown, and have the size of the progress bar adjust to fit the choices (but see note below about the limitations that places on the list box height).

The downside is that the layout is determined in the code and can't be influenced much from the skin.

Templates give more layout control to the skin designer, but make dynamic adjustment of relative sizes of component parts harder.

Template styles could even be used to make the 2- or 3-line version user selectable, but the list height would have to be a common multiple of the two different item heights for the list box to always only show complete item entries. For the space available, and 25 pixels for each line of information in each item, and the current constraints of the vertical layout of the templates, that would mean reducing the list box height from 500 pixels in the builtin skins to 450 (the LCM of 50 and 75 is 150, so the next larger common multiple is 600). That would mean 9 timers shown in the 2-line version and 6 shown in the 3-line version. The builtin skins allow 10 entries to be shown, and OverlayHD already has a list box height of 450 and so allows 9 to be shown.

Template styles could also be used to reflect user choices about whether elapsed/remaining time is shown and use the space freed when items aren't shown, but the number of styles needed blows out to 8 - for all combinations of 2/3 line, elapsed time shown/not shown and remaining time shown/not shown.

Also, if the widget is changed to use a template and offered and used upstream, all skins for the upstream would need to be changed to use templates.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:10

IanSav wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 09:26
My apologies for causing you frustration. I am still unable to look at an active Beyonwiz UI or check things out myself. ...

Thanks.

It's been in the code since Feb 2016.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 21:46
IanSav wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 21:20
Well it would be nice to have this revised recording information screen available in this menu as well. :)

I think it will continue to be, as it's the existing "Stop or change active recording..." screen (and the timer list screen)

Perhaps the menu item could get a new name. When I worked on revising the RED/REC menu about 2 years ago, there was discussion about the names for the entries in that menu, but I'm now beginning to think that we didn't get that one quite right. It was then that the "active recordings" screen was added to the firmware.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:24

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 20:29
As we use Harmony 650s, long press timer is not a good option for us but you should ignore me.

We use a 785, but I only just found out that the "soft" buttons around the screen don't have repeat! Who thought that was a good idea?

Anyway, the "active recordings" screen will remain available via RED/REC>Stop or change active recording, but perhaps with a rename.

That screen doesn't (currently) offer anything that can't be done in the normal timers screen anyway (but IanSav is keen to add functionality to the "active recordings" screen).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 14:46

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 13:18
prl wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:40
The prototype also doesn't update the progress in real time (only on recording state changes or by exit/re-enter), but that would be easy to add.
If it's easy then yes, please.

It does now :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 15:19

Has anyone been able to work out, without reference to the code, exactly which recording's progress is displayed in the infobar?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Wed Jan 31, 2018 15:50

prl wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 15:19
Has anyone been able to work out, without reference to the code, exactly which recording's progress is displayed in the infobar?
No, but yesterday when I was trying to work out the exact same thing with 4 recordings underway (1 timer & 3 instant) on the U4 I did manage to get it to change from displaying the details of one active recording to another in the infobar. I only managed to do it once & for the life of me I couldn’t work out what I did, so I eventually gave up trying. :roll:

That is why I made the comment in my first paragraph here.
Dennis
U4, Bluey USB tuner, WizTV > Yamaha RX-V3900 > Sony KDL46X2000 TV ||
U4, Bluey USB tuner > Sony KD-43X85J TV > Yamaha YAS-209 || FTA EPG ||
Harmony 650s || (U4s on 19.3.20200901 & T2 on 19.3.20200823) ||
Technicolor DJA0230TLS modem/router, Ethernet LAN, Win10 Home 64 ||

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Wed Jan 31, 2018 19:37

Has anybody tried adoxas code for the multiple recodings and number of recordings in the channel infobar?

It takes a lot of the guesswork out of the equation....

My preference would be an "almost" all or nothing approach..... maximum 2 recording events in the channel infobar, for 3 events or more then an entry along the lines of "3 Events currently recording". The infobar wouldn't need either static/dynamic resizing to keep it the same height as current.

I'd still also be keen to see an instant recording highlighting the EPG event it's recording (similar to a timer recording).... maybe with a different colour for the event being recorded....the little symbols are easily missed.
4 DP's in da house.... New T2 arrived Dec'17!

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Wed Jan 31, 2018 19:48

sub3R wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 15:50
prl wrote:
No, but yesterday when I was trying to work out the exact same thing with 4 recordings underway (1 timer & 3 instant) on the U4 I did manage to get it to change from displaying the details of one active recording to another in the infobar. I only managed to do it once & for the life of me I couldn’t work out what I did, so I eventually gave up trying. :roll:

That is why I made the comment in my first paragraph here.
First post of this thread.... One "dominant" recording will primarily show in the infobar as you channel surf ~ it will only display a different recording progress bar when you surf onto the other channels being recorded.... surf onto the next non-recording channel and the "dominant" recording progress bar reappears.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 20:15

That's right, as far as it goes, but what makes it dominant, and what's shown if there is more than recording on the channel being viewed?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Wed Jan 31, 2018 21:51

prl wrote:
Is it the one that started the earliest?

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Thu Feb 01, 2018 02:13

peteru wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 21:51
prl wrote:
Is it the one that started the earliest?
Could be..... I'll set up some tests on Friday and report back.... Christmas 2017 party tomorrow night (rescheduled because work got in the way last year) so won't have a chance to check before then.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Feb 01, 2018 03:15

I took a peek at the code. It's complicated. Basically, the first timer that will need attention from the timer state machine next will be shown. At most times, this will be timer that is going to end first. There are some edge cases there, as well as potential race conditions.

I think this is another reason to have the indicator just show REC. Perhaps also show x2, x3, etc. to indicate how many recordings are active. Less clutter on the infobar will be a good thing.

I don't think the code complexity required to do anything more complicated in the infobar is warranted.

Blog.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17

peteru wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 03:15
I took a peek at the code. It's complicated. Basically, the first timer that will need attention from the timer state machine next will be shown. At most times, this will be timer that is going to end first. There are some edge cases there, as well as potential race conditions.

I think this is another reason to have the indicator just show REC. Perhaps also show x2, x3, etc. to indicate how many recordings are active. Less clutter on the infobar will be a good thing.

I don't think the code complexity required to do anything more complicated in the infobar is warranted.
+1 - exactly what I think too!
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 16:28

Attached is a plugin (rename without .tgz) to control the current timers (source), where "current" is two hours either side of now. There's no config and the skin might need a bit of tweaking (no progress bars, I don't understand the fuss), but all the functionality is there.

screenshot.png
screenshot.png (14.25 KiB) Viewed 4923 times
"ELEVEN Central QLD" is the longest displayed channel name I have, for reference.

Use RED to bring up the list, then:

• LEFT - decrease end time by one minute
  • RIGHT - increase end time by one minute
  • PREV - decrease start and end times by one minute
  • NEXT - increase start and end times by one minute
  • OK - zap to channel (only in live TV, not timeshift or player)
  • PLAY/PLAYPAUSE - play (not in timeshift)
  • STOP - stop recording (no prompt)
  • long STOP - stop all recordings (prompt)
  • RED - delete timer
  • GREEN - edit timer
  • YELLOW - toggle timer
  • INFO - timer log
  • TIMER/MEDIA/EPG - as usual
The time will not be increased/decreased if a conflict would occur (but editing or enabling will bring up the usual sanity check). Play will not work if the file has moved.

The order of the list is:
  • recordings of the current channel, by end time (what's next to finish)
  • recordings by end time
  • pending by start time (what's next to start)
  • done by reverse end time (what's just finished)
Attachments
enigma2-plugin-extensions-currenttimers_0.8_all.ipk.tgz
(8.73 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Feb 06, 2018 16:33

adoxa wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 16:28
... no progress bars, I don't understand the fuss), but all the functionality is there.

I'm not sure about "fuss", but my point always was that if there's to be a recording progress display at all, it should be capable of showing the progress of all active recordings, no matter how many there are.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 07:48

adoxa wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 16:28
Attached is a plugin (rename without .tgz) to control the current timers

Use RED to bring up the list, then:

• LEFT - decrease end time by one minute
  • RIGHT - increase end time by one minute
  • PREV - decrease start and end times by one minute
  • NEXT - increase start and end times by one minute
  • OK - zap to channel (only in live TV, not timeshift or player)
  • PLAY/PLAYPAUSE - play (not in timeshift)
  • STOP - stop recording (no prompt)
  • long STOP - stop all recordings (prompt)
  • RED - delete timer
  • GREEN - edit timer
  • YELLOW - toggle timer
  • INFO - timer log
  • TIMER/MEDIA/EPG - as usual

Nice.

You forgot to mention:

• HELP - as usual
Saves trying to remember button functions. Going the extra KM!

dRdoS7

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Feb 07, 2018 15:30

I gave the "currenttimers" plugin a run. I pressed PLAY/PAUSE on a selection and I got a timeshift error, but I wasn't in timeshift.
Same with OK.
Attachments
CurrentTimers_error.png

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 18:07

You weren't in timeshift, but timeshift was still running, yes? That's the same thing as far as this is concerned. Looks like I'll have to do the check, rather than just testing if it's enabled (which I would have done, had I actually tested with timeshift enabled, rather than just being in timeshift).

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Feb 07, 2018 18:26

adoxa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 18:07
You weren't in timeshift, but timeshift was still running, yes? That's the same thing as far as this is concerned.
Yikes, what a limitation! :? Almost better off not having the feature!
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Feb 07, 2018 19:23

adoxa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 18:07
You weren't in timeshift, but timeshift was still running, yes?...

Yes, as almost every one else would have them, my timeshift settings are at the default, which is to start collecting the buffer 10 secs after service tuning.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 22:44

Yes, well, I think we've established that I am not "everyone else" by now. :) I think I've fixed it but the test will have to wait till tomorrow.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 18:41

Zap and play work with timeshift, now (zap is still disabled during playback).
Attachments
enigma2-plugin-extensions-currenttimers_0.8.1_all.ipk.tgz
(8.78 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Feb 08, 2018 20:47

adoxa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 22:44
Yes, well, I think we've established that I am not "everyone else" by now. :)
You can say that again! Based on the pull requests, you must be using your Beyonwiz in a very different way to most other people. :shock: 8)

I've been merging some of the pull requests from adoxa over the last few days. I'm starting off with the simplest and least controversial ones and commenting / asking questions about some of the others. There are also a number of pull request that change the UI in perhaps unsubtle ways that had no feedback on the forums. Some of the usability changes don't exactly appeal to me. I don't necessarily want to reject them just because I don't like them. I think some of them could use some community feedback and tweaks before they are merged. I'm not necessarily looking for a voting process from vocal users, more of a critical analysis and lateral thinking exercise.* I wonder what the best work-flow might be for this. Should I start a new topic on the forums for each change in a pull request that may need user feedback?

* One example is the recording progress indicators. Adoxa has started the ball rolling by adding more info to the infobar, but I think we have now established that simplifying the infobar display and providing a separate, more comprehensive view is the way to go.

Blog.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Feb 08, 2018 21:01

adoxa wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 18:41
Zap and play work with timeshift, now (zap is still disabled during playback).

Yep, fixed. Thanks.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 23:35

Peteru, re Adoxa's enhancements, I welcome his work as improving the user experience in worthwhile ways.

I am happy to comment on the specific enhancements that I have adopted either as individual threads or as a job lot. However, I'm inclined to think that individual threads would be preferable.

I record a lot of programs FTA and HDMI-IN which I edit and store. My interest is biased to the CutListEditor, Multi select and file Join tweaks which I can recommend as stable and effective in my experience. The timer progress screen is a good idea too. Any problems I have encountered have been resolved by a clean reinstall and are probably due to my own tinkering leading to an unstable base.

There are other tweaks which are best left to others to comment upon but I would not object to their inclusion in the base firmware.

Cheers, Paul
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Feb 09, 2018 00:57

Hi PeterU,
peteru wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 20:47
adoxa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 22:44
Yes, well, I think we've established that I am not "everyone else" by now. :)
You can say that again! Based on the pull requests, you must be using your Beyonwiz in a very different way to most other people. :shock: 8)

I've been merging some of the pull requests from adoxa over the last few days. I'm starting off with the simplest and least controversial ones and commenting / asking questions about some of the others. There are also a number of pull request that change the UI in perhaps unsubtle ways that had no feedback on the forums. Some of the usability changes don't exactly appeal to me. I don't necessarily want to reject them just because I don't like them. I think some of them could use some community feedback and tweaks before they are merged. I'm not necessarily looking for a voting process from vocal users, more of a critical analysis and lateral thinking exercise.* I wonder what the best work-flow might be for this. Should I start a new topic on the forums for each change in a pull request that may need user feedback?

* One example is the recording progress indicators. Adoxa has started the ball rolling by adding more info to the infobar, but I think we have now established that simplifying the infobar display and providing a separate, more comprehensive view is the way to go.
Some of Adoxa's changes concern and/or confuse me. I would welcome explanation and discussion about the logic and purpose behind the changes and in particular what they will offer users.

Regards,
Ian.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Fri Feb 09, 2018 18:53

peteru wrote:
... I wonder what the best work-flow might be for this. Should I start a new topic on the forums for each change in a pull request that may need user feedback?
I think that would be the better way to go.

And I agree with Ian’s comment below.
IanSav wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 00:57
... I would welcome explanation and discussion about the logic and purpose behind the changes and in particular what they will offer users.
Dennis
U4, Bluey USB tuner, WizTV > Yamaha RX-V3900 > Sony KDL46X2000 TV ||
U4, Bluey USB tuner > Sony KD-43X85J TV > Yamaha YAS-209 || FTA EPG ||
Harmony 650s || (U4s on 19.3.20200901 & T2 on 19.3.20200823) ||
Technicolor DJA0230TLS modem/router, Ethernet LAN, Win10 Home 64 ||

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Feb 09, 2018 18:58

peteru wrote:
Should I start a new topic on the forums for each change in a pull request that may need user feedback?
Some already exist such as the keypad seek enhancements. I am quite keen for that one!

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:55

Also, when the discussion has reached some sort of conclusion, corresponding entries in the issue tracker describing the improvements and their rationales, use pull requests whose names refer to the issue tracker item numbers, and commit comment titles in a form starting "Fix issue #issueNumber" or "Fix bug #issueNumber" so that the issues get automatically ticked off when the commits are merged.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:47

Updated Current Timers to fix issues when no tuners are available.

Is anyone using the four recordings in the infobar? If so, it should really be updated, too. If not, should I make the configurable single recording display available by itself?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:48

adoxa wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:47
Updated Current Timers to fix issues when no tuners are available.

What was the 'no tuners are available' issue? I've not noticed any issue using the Current Timers plugin.

Can I install over the top of the existing 0.8.1 version, or must the older version be first uninstalled?

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:25

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:48
What was the 'no tuners are available' issue? I've not noticed any issue using the Current Timers plugin.
I had it on standby recording three networks when I turned it on with the original network now not available - when I opened CT it crashed (there was no service to convert to string). Then I was in CT waiting for one to finish, which I stopped, selected another one and changed its start time to start now, then selected it to change channel and that crashed (there was a hidden message box asking to zap, which ended up being used instead of the InfoBar).
Can I install over the top of the existing 0.8.1 version, or must the older version be first uninstalled?
It's a normal plugin, so it will upgrade itself. You'll still need to restart for it to take effect, though.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Jul 02, 2018 13:17

adoxa wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:25
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:48
I had it on standby recording three networks when I turned it on with the original network now not available - when I opened CT it crashed (there was no service to convert to string). Then I was in CT waiting for one to finish, which I stopped, selected another one and changed its start time to start now, then selected it to change channel and that crashed (there was a hidden message box asking to zap, which ended up being used instead of the InfoBar).

Ah, no free tuner for live TV; I'm unlikely to see that scenario since I've a remote fallback receiver set on each of my three boxes, so it should be able to borrow a tuner (propitious conditions extant, of course).
Grumpy_Geoff wrote: Can I install over the top of the existing 0.8.1 version, or must the older version be first uninstalled?
It's a normal plugin, so it will upgrade itself. You'll still need to restart for it to take effect, though.
Understood, thanks. I didn't know if the update is done as a complete replacement, or on a file-by-file basis which potentially could leave dregs behind.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Sun Sep 30, 2018 00:15

FWIW, I've added Settings->TV->Recording settings->Infobar recordings shown in order to control how many recordings the infobar should display, according to skin parameter InfobarRecordings (builtin skins are 0 to 4; OverlayHD will default to 1).

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Nov 20, 2020 20:45

Hey adoxa,

CurrentTimers doesn't like it when the timer is for a streaming service. I assume it can't match the service name to a tuner.

Code: Select all

{909}<  1617.392> KEY: 398 make KEY_RED ('RED',)
{909}<  1617.559> KEY: 398 break KEY_RED ('RED',)
{909}<  1617.565> [ActionMap] calling instantRecord (InfobarInstantRecord)
{909}<  1617.583> Traceback (most recent call last):
{909}<  1617.584>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 60, in action
{909}<  1617.585>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CurrentTimers/plugin.py", line 465, in open
{909}<  1617.585>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 330, in openWithCallback
{909}<  1617.586>     dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
{909}<  1617.586>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 340, in open
{909}<  1617.587>     dlg = self.current_dialog = self.instantiateDialog(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
{909}<  1617.587>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 277, in instantiateDialog
{909}<  1617.587>     return self.doInstantiateDialog(screen, arguments, kwargs, self.desktop)
{909}<  1617.587>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 300, in doInstantiateDialog
{909}<  1617.588>     dlg = screen(self, *arguments, **kwargs)
{909}<  1617.588>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CurrentTimers/plugin.py", line 80, in __init__
{909}<  1617.588>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CurrentTimers/plugin.py", line 149, in fillTimerList
{909}<  1617.588>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CurrentTimers/plugin.py", line 178, in buildTimerEntry
{909}<  1617.589> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getAll'
{909}<  1617.589> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method HelpableActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.HelpableActionMap instance at 0xb0e3b120>>,('InfobarInstantRecord', 'instantRecord')) failed)
Here's the timer if you need the details -

{
   "begin": 1605866112, 
   "description": "", 
   "tags": "", 
   "firsttryprepare": true, 
   "always_zap": 0, 
   "toggledisabled": 1, 
   "dontsave": 1, 
   "backoff": 0, 
   "disabled": 0, 
   "asrefs": "", 
   "repeated": 0, 
   "servicename": "Sky News Extra 1 National", 
   "pipzap": -1, 
   "duration": 7200, 
   "dirname": "None", 
   "realend": "20.11.2020 19:55", 
   "descriptionextended": "N/A", 
   "name": "Sky News Extra 1 National", 
   "startprepare": 1605866092, 
   "realbegin": "20.11.2020 17:55", 
   "end": 1605873312, 
   "eit": null, 
   "vpsplugin_overwrite": false, 
   "afterevent": 3, 
   "autoadjust": -1, 
   "justplay": 0, 
   "isAutoTimer": 0, 
   "serviceref": "4097:0:1:13:0:0:0:0:0:3:https%3a//skynewsau-live.akamaized.net/hls/live/2002689/skynewsau-extra1/master.m3u8:Sky News Extra 1 National", 
   "filename": "/media/hdd/movie/20201120 1755 - Sky News Extra 1 National - Sky News Extra 1 National", 
   "toggledisabledimg": "off", 
   "state": 2, 
   "logentries": [
    [
     "activating state 1"
    ], 
    [
     "Found enough free space to record"
    ], 
    [
     "Filename calculated as: '/media/hdd/movie/20201120 1755 - Sky News Extra 1 National - Sky News Extra 1 National'"
    ], 
    [
     "prepare ok, waiting for begin"
    ], 
    [
     "activating state 2"
    ], 
    [
     "start recording from: Tuner not (yet) allocated"
    ]
   ], 
   "nextactivation": 1605866112, 
   "vpsplugin_time": -1, 
   "cancelled": false, 
   "allow_duplicate": 1, 
   "vpsplugin_enabled": false
  }, 

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Fri Nov 20, 2020 23:30

Current Timers updated to fix the streaming crash (I hope), as well as display recently finished repeated timers.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:13

adoxa wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 23:30
... updated to fix the streaming crash (I hope),

No crash :)
Attachments
screenshot_2020-11-21_09-07-29.jpg
screenshot_2020-11-21_09-07-29.jpg (78.13 KiB) Viewed 3566 times

Henk
Apprentice

Post by Henk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 20:10

Hey Adoxa,

CurrentTimers doesn't like it when I try to play the timer for a streaming service.
It can't find the .ts file. Which is correct, as the file name ends in .stream

Could this please be looked at?

I also note that durations over 1000 minutes get truncated.

V2 (512GB microSD card), recording to
QNAP NAS TS-453Be 16GB RAM 16TB Raid 6 QTS 4.5.4.1741 build 20210726

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Nov 23, 2020 21:28

Henk wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 20:10
... durations over 1000 minutes ...
!!!!

Henk
Apprentice

Post by Henk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 23:59

MrQuade wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 21:28
Henk wrote:
... durations over 1000 minutes ...
!!!!
Indeed, this is no typo.

As you can't set a timer for a stream recording (yet?!), I set a recording in the evening, which then records for say 16h, while I sleep, go to work and come home some 16 hours later.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Nov 24, 2020 08:32

Henk wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 23:59
As you can't set a timer for a stream recording (yet?!) ...

I set timers for recording streams when I was trying to replicate one of the issues you were having with recordings.

You can either switch to viewing the streaming channel you want to record, then TIMER, GREEN Add, and then set the timer times and repeat settings, or from any channel, TIMER, GREEN Add, then scroll to Channel, then OK, and then either scroll to the streaming channel you want to record from and then OK if it's in the current bouquet, or if not, BLUE Favourites (or FAV), select the bouquet that contains the stream, then scroll to the stream you want to record from, and OK. Then set the time and repeats.

You can't set a stream recording from the EPG, because the streams have no EPG that the Beyonwiz can use.

Here's a screenshot of completed stream timers that I set when I was doing the tests:
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 09.29.48.png
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Henk
Apprentice

Post by Henk » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:08

prl wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 08:32
Henk wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 23:59
As you can't set a timer for a stream recording (yet?!) ...
You can either switch to viewing the streaming channel you want to record, then TIMER, GREEN Add, and then set the timer times and repeat settings, or from any channel, TIMER, GREEN Add, then scroll to Channel, then OK, and then either scroll to the streaming channel you want to record from and then OK if it's in the current bouquet, or if not, BLUE Favourites (or FAV), select the bouquet that contains the stream, then scroll to the stream you want to record from, and OK. Then set the time and repeats.
Thanks for the tip prl!

That will give stream recordings in more manageable durations, as the navigation of large files is all over the place (i.e. jumping over unpredictable distances when doing successive jumps, jumping backwards instead of the forwards jump issued etc). Even when setting markers, these markers end up in the future by many hours, as there can be a disconnect between what you are watching and the position shown on the timeline.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:23

Henk wrote:
CurrentTimers doesn't like it when I try to play the timer for a streaming service.
I also note that durations over 1000 minutes get truncated.
Both fixed in 0.8.4.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:28

Henk wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:08

That will give stream recordings in more manageable durations, as the navigation of large files is all over the place (i.e. jumping over unpredictable distances when doing successive jumps, jumping backwards instead of the forwards jump issued etc).
You might want to try running the problematic recording through the reconstructapsc plugin to fix up the indexing.

Might take a hot minute for a 16 hour recording though ;)

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:39

Henk wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:08
That will give stream recordings in more manageable durations, as the navigation of large files is all over the place (i.e. jumping over unpredictable distances when doing successive jumps, jumping backwards instead of the forwards jump issued etc). Even when setting markers, these markers end up in the future by many hours, as there can be a disconnect between what you are watching and the position shown on the timeline.

Try this -
Rename the streamed recording with a '.ts' extension in place of the '.stream' one (and '.ts.meta' for the 'stream.meta' file too).
Then run the "Recontruct AP/SC" plugin over the stream recording
See if that skips any better within the recording.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Nov 24, 2020 14:30

Will that work, since the stream is quite likely not an MPEG2 or MPEG4 TS?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Nov 24, 2020 15:09

prl wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 14:30
Will that work, since the stream is quite likely not an MPEG2 or MPEG4 TS?

Sure does. Here's a MediaInfo dump of a recorded stream -

General
ID                                       : 1 (0x1)
Complete name                            : \\BEYONWIZU4\Movie\20201121 0907 - Fox Sports News National - Fox Sports News National.stream
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 544 MiB
Duration                                 : 24 min 9 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 3 150 kb/s
FileExtension_Invalid                    : ts m2t m2s m4t m4s tmf ts tp trp ty

Video
ID                                       : 256 (0x100)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : Baseline@L2.1
Format settings                          : 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : No
Format settings, Reference frames        : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP                     : M=1, N=50
Codec ID                                 : 27
Duration                                 : 24 min 8 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Nominal bit rate                         : 400 kb/s
Width                                    : 426 pixels
Height                                   : 240 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 25.000 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.156

Audio
ID                                       : 257 (0x101)
Format                                   : AAC LC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Format version                           : Version 4
Muxing mode                              : ADTS
Codec ID                                 : 15-2
Duration                                 : 22 h 41 min
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate                               : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -20 ms

Menu
ID                                       : 4096 (0x1000)
Duration                                 : 24 min 9 s
List                                     : 256 (0x100) (AVC) / 257 (0x101) (AAC)
Service name                             : Service01
Service provider                         : FFmpeg
Service type                             : digital television

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”