Custom location recording trick (reduce empty media folders)

Moderators: Gully, peteru

jazza
Master

Custom location recording trick (reduce empty media folders)

Post by jazza » Tue Dec 02, 2014 19:44

I've recently started using folders per series as my media recordings list grows plump.

For example I put <show name> into ../media/movies/<showname/ for just the series and leave movies or one off recordings in the ..media/movies/ folder.

The problem I then had was with a whole screen of individual series folders when I hit 'media' I had to go into each series folder to see if they had recordings or if they were empty (or all were empty).

What I've done is test that if I create a new autotimer for showX then set the autotimer 'custom location' path to ../media/movies/showX (which needs a new folder created during adding the autotimer so it can be selected).

Then I save the autotimer.
Then disable the autotimer (off).
Then delete the new folder (I can't seem to do this if I leave the autotimer enabled or it records into the trash folder).
Then re-enable the autotimer.

The effect is the next time an autotimer starts recording showX it will create the /media/movies/showX folder and record into it.

For regular shows there's not much point in disabling/deleting the folder/reenabling, but for shows that aren't regularly on/recorded then it means I can now watch all recordings in showX subfolder, delete them, delete showX folder and do the same for other series and not have empty series subfolders, only those with new/some recordings will show in the media recordings list.

Possible feature request: It could be useful to add a feature to to autotimers to allow 'hide empty series custom locations' as an on/off setting to trick the GUI into not displaying these empty folders unless there's new recordings.

:)

tezza007
Wizard

Re: Custom location recording trick (reduce empty media fold

Post by tezza007 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 20:50

prl'l get right on it, he loves Autotimers :lol:
Tezza

Beyonwiz T4, 1TB internal WD Green HDD, 4TB USB Portable HDD
Beyonwiz T4, 500GB 2.5" internal HD
LG 500w sound bar
LG 70UF770T LED LCD 4K 70" TV
LG Magic Remote