Autotimer Restrict to specific services, boquets, days or other filters won't work

Moderators: Gully, peteru

robbo
Master

Autotimer Restrict to specific services, boquets, days or other filters won't work

Post by robbo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 22:55

I am running a T2 with firmware version 17.5 20180417.

For some time I have been running with Autotimers that I restored from before the last reinstall but over the past few days I have tried adding a couple of new AutoTimers and ran into the same problem. I open the EPG, navigate to the program I want, select AutoTimer and save the autotomer. Then I go in to Autotimers to edit it the way I want and when I get to Restrict to Specific Services and Days (also boquets and other filters). When I press the yellow button (Edit Filters) on all 4 options it brings up the same Enable Filtering menu but only shows one filter, namely, in Title, Exclude Encore, which is the setup of my default filter. I have no filter to indicate that a specific channel, or day/time is selected. However those Day/Time and channel filters are set and I don't know how to remove them from the T2 menu. The only way I found to fine tune is using Windows Open Webif, where I can edit the required fields.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Autotimer Restrict to specific services, boquets, days or other filters won't work

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Jul 30, 2018 23:20

Are you saying you have defaults, set via AutoTimer list>>MENU>>Edit new timer defaults, that don't show as being set in individual AutoTimer definitions?

robbo
Master

Re: Autotimer Restrict to specific services, boquets, days or other filters won't work

Post by robbo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 23:35

No, in that menu I have Specific Services, Specified Boquets and Days disabled; and Use Other Filters enabled. If I select Edit Other Filters (yellow button) from there I have Enable Filtering on, Filter In Title and Exclude Encore.

That all translates correctly when I press the blue Add Autotimer button on a show from the EPG.

However if, after adding a show to the AutoTimer list I go to my Menu>>AutoTimer list and select the show from the list to fine tune (i.e. remove the Channel and Day/Time restriction) I can't get access to do that on the Wiz, I can only access it from WizOS

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Jul 30, 2018 23:53

robbo wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 23:35
...However if, after adding a show to the AutoTimer list I go to my Menu>>AutoTimer list and select the show from the list to fine tune (i.e. remove the Channel and Day/Time restriction) I can't get access to do that on the Wiz, I can only access it from WizOS

Do you mean you didn't untick them on the Import AutoTimer screen, and now you want to remove those restrictions?
Are you aware that on the Edit AutoTimer filters screen, you have to press LEFT/RIGHT on 'Filter' to reveal the filter type and its value (whether that filtering be from the default, or this definition specific)?
Same with BLUE/Edit services, you have to use LEFT/RIGHT on 'Editing' to change from Channels to Bouquets.

If I'm on the wrong track, then please provide screenshots.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:07

The UI to AutoTimer filtering is not exactly user-friendly. :evil:
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:24

prl wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:07
The UI to AutoTimer filtering is not exactly user-friendly. :evil:

You have a gift for understatement prl. It is positively horrible!
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:28

I couldn’t think of a word worse than horrible so I’ll agree with that statement, Paul.
99% of the time after trying to make an AutoTimer change in the GUI I just give up & do it in OWIF.
Dennis
U4, Bluey USB tuner, WizTV > Yamaha RX-V3900 > Sony KDL46X2000 TV ||
U4, Bluey USB tuner > Sony KD-43X85J TV > Yamaha YAS-209 || FTA EPG ||
Harmony 650s || (U4s on 19.3.20200901 & T2 on 19.3.20200823) ||
Technicolor DJA0230TLS modem/router, Ethernet LAN, Win10 Home 64 ||

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:57

Once you've used OWIF for AutoTimer work it's like being back in the stone age if you have to use the UI editor.

robbo
Master

Post by robbo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 21:50

From the comments I see here it seems that perhaps I am not winning because the UI is not especially user friendly. Pity, this is one of the biggest reasons I upgraded to this Wiz. I love what it can do, and am generally very impressed with most functions, just not this one. And I'm a little disappointed that the spinner takes too much ongoing time (IMHO).

As requested I have put together a collection of screen prints showing what happens. Actually I don't know how to screen print so I took photos. And I don't know how to add them here so I've created a Word docx and saved it in a public DropBox folder that anyone with the link can download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ub8lwj7yvltp ... .docx?dl=0

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 23:06

Press OK on the 'Match Timespan:' and the 'Only on {day}:' options to deselect them.
Then you'd likely not to have to muck around with this filtering interface.

Press LEFT/RIGHT on the filter, as I said; not on the 'Restrict to {x}'.

AT_filtering.png

I try hard to avoid any AutoTimer creation/editing using the UI; the OpenWebif interface is my method of choice.

I think you should go and read the "A quick guide to Beyonwiz T series AutoTimers".
Then practice a bit, and go and read it again.

As for the spinner, ensure you don't have 'Check for uniqueness' set to recordings.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 23:16

See here for taking screenshots

To add them to a post -
Forum_attach.png
Forum_attach.png (26.17 KiB) Viewed 3192 times

robbo
Master

Post by robbo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 00:06

Thanks for the link and instructions. Not quite as intuitive as I'd hoped but tried it tonight and did what it was meant to. Thanks again for your support

Return to “Official Firmware Images”