bobwood
On probation

Ice TV PLugin

Post by bobwood » Fri May 04, 2018 12:28

Hi Fellow Members

After I install the update 17.5 - all went OK
I then installed Ice TV - all OK
I then used the fetch EPG and Timers.
I then checked to see if EPG and Timers we're there - EPG & Timers not there.
I reinstall the Ice TV wizard - still no EPG & Timers.
I then decided to reboot the T4.
The EPG was there but no Timers.
I then used the Ice TV wizard again - Fetch EPG & timers and waited about 2 hours - still no timers
I then used my PC and log on to Ice TV and manually resent my timers.
By time I got back to my T4 the Timers we're there.
I can only assume the Fetch EPG & Timers software does not work.
Has any other member had issues with this Ice TV Plugin?

Bob

Gully

Re: Ice TV PLugin

Post by Gully » Fri May 04, 2018 12:35

You shouldn't need to install IceTV with the new firmware, it is already there.

Also just making sure that you didn't restore any settings from your previous firmware settings?

What is showing under your account on the IceTV website?
Cheers
Gully

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri May 04, 2018 13:13

bobwood wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:28

It does work, but the critical step that you have discovered is that you need to tell IceTV to "resend all timers".
See IceTV will not send any timers to your Wiz that it has already sent. Because Ice had sent the timers to your previous firmware installation, IceTV was not going to send them to your fresh firmware installation. That's why you needed to "resend" all the timers. Ice doesn't actually "send" them to the Wiz, it just flags them for deliver for the next time your Wiz logs on to fetch them.

As for not being able to fetch the EPG, that seems like a bit of a hiccup. It may have something to do with what Gully as saying, and the fact that you say you "installed" IceTV. I am not sure what you mean by that since it comes pre-installed. Whatever it was that you did, may have temporarily confused something.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 04, 2018 13:25

bobwood wrote:
After I install the update 17.5 - all went OK

"17.5" isn't a particular firmware version, it's a series of (so far) more than 15 firmware versions, but I assume you've installed the new official release 20180417. It's always better to quote the actual firmware revision that the 16.1 or 17.5 which are series of firmware releases using a particular build environment.
bobwood wrote:
I then installed Ice TV - all OK
I then used the fetch EPG and Timers.
I then checked to see if EPG and Timers we're there - EPG & Timers not there.
I reinstall the Ice TV wizard - still no EPG & Timers.
I then decided to reboot the T4.
The EPG was there but no Timers.
I then used the Ice TV wizard again - Fetch EPG & timers and waited about 2 hours - still no timers

It's not quite clear what you mean by "install" there. As Gully says, the IceTV plugin is pre-installed in 20180417.

However, when you install 20180417 and don't restore settings, the timer list in the PVR has been cleared without telling IceTV that that has happened, so the thing to do is:
bobwood wrote:
I then used my PC and log on to Ice TV and manually resent my timers.
By time I got back to my T4 the Timers we're there.

That's exactly what should have happened (presuming you mean "were", rather than "we are").
bobwood wrote:

The version of the IceTV plugin in the 20180417 firmware is actually not all that new. It last changed in December last year, and many users of the public beta releases, including myself, have used it since then (I do most of the maintenance of the plugin).

The problem you had is normal (if sometimes unexpected) behaviour of the IceTV plugin. It can also happen if, in a normal USB upgrade, you restore from an old settings backup - that then restores an old timers file that doesn't match what the IceTV server thinks it has sent to the PVR. Again, the problem is fixed by doing a "resend all" for the PVR on your IceTV Web pages. It can be avoided by doing a settings backup just before a USB upgrade (a good idea anyway, to make sure you preserve your latest settings), but that isn't possible with the upgrade from the previous official release to the new one.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri May 04, 2018 15:35

prl wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 13:25
The problem you had is normal (if sometimes unexpected) behaviour of the IceTV plugin.
To be precise, it is not an issue with the plugin itself, but with the design of the new IceTV API.

The original PIMP protocol did not have these issues, but the new API that IceTV developed has a number of short comings when it comes to data integrity. It is a design issue.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Return to “Official Firmware Images”