Bouquet Creation

Moderators: Gully, peteru

raymondjpg
Guru

Bouquet Creation

Post by raymondjpg » Wed Mar 29, 2017 18:03

I floundered when trying to suss out the Bouquet Editor in the PC Open Webif interface, so took the traditional route of setting up a Favourites Bouquet using the Menu under Favourites on the TV. So far so good, but in my haste with one of the channels I inadvertently added it to the Last Scanned instead of Favourites Bouquet. Is that something I need to be concerned about?

I couldn't see any duplicate entry to Last Scanned, so as a precaution did a complete manual rescan after deleting first. Only once, perhaps I should have done it twice? However, nothing seemed to be different in any of the three Bouquets. So my original question remains, does inadvertently adding a channel from Terrestrial TV LCN to Last Scanned present any problem, and adding to that, should a manual rescan with the new firmware be done twice like with the previous firmware?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Bouquet Creation

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 20:07

raymondjpg wrote:I floundered when trying to suss out the Bouquet Editor in the PC Open Webif interface,
I don't think it could be much simpler.
  • Click on the 'TV' and 'Providers' buttons (top left grid)
  • Click on the target bouquet (e.g. "Favourites (TV)") (top right grid)
    [whilst you're there, do yourself a favour and grab the 'vertical lines' handle of "Favourites" and drag it to be the first entry]
  • Click on a provider - to list channels/services for the provider (top left grid)
  • Click on one or more channels/services to be added to the target bouquet (bottom left grid)
  • Click on 'Add channel(s) to Bouquet' button
  • wash/rinse/repeat - selecting providers and services and adding to the bouquet
I find it'll add the service in the position prior to that selected in the bottom right grid - so adding them in reverse order means you won't have to reshuffle or keep re-selecting the target position.
You can re-order the services by drag and drop to their new position.

Or something like that :)

Here's a screenshot I took a few weeks ago - I don't know if I've posted it previously (I'd annotated it so I think I did).
OWIF_Bouquet_Editor.png
raymondjpg wrote:So my original question remains, does inadvertently adding a channel from Terrestrial TV LCN to Last Scanned present any problem, and adding to that, should a manual rescan with the new firmware be done twice like with the previous firmware?
No problem that I now of.
16.1 has a new 'clear scan' automatically performed as a part of the Location Scan. I wouldn't be doing a manual scan as it doesn't clear everything.

Cheers
Geoff

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Mar 29, 2017 20:18

Hi Raymondjpg,

The "Last Scanned" bouquet is used exactly as it is named. The contents of this bouquet should be considered transient. The contents will be replaced by the results of the last scan performed. Any changes to this bouquet will be overridden during the next tuner scan.

Regards,
Ian.

raymondjpg
Guru

Post by raymondjpg » Wed Mar 29, 2017 20:28

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:16.1 has a new 'clear scan' automatically performed as a part of the Location Scan. I wouldn't be doing a manual scan as it doesn't clear everything.
Thanks for the instructions on the use of the Webif interface for Bouquet creation. I'll try it when I am more settled with all this new-fangled firmware.

On the manual scan, it sure did look like it hadn't cleared everything. Maybe I hadn't recalled how and what we used to do with the previous firmware, but wasn't that the method that we used and ran it twice? Anyway on your advice I have now run a single Location Scan which completed much quicker than a full manual scan, finding the same number of channels.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Return to “Official Firmware Images”