Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Re: New Firmware for all T-Series Models (T2/T3/T4) 10/03/20

Post by prl » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:36

iannrob wrote:
prl wrote:
iannrob wrote:...
It was the least of my worries. Basically nothing network was working. Funnily enough entering my details in the icetv setup resulted in me being logged in, even the logs said retrieving epg data etc, but nothing was retrieved no icetv epg no timers.
After I was finally able to restore 4.4 all was well.
Did configuring IceTV over again create a second IceTV device on the server side with the same name?
Sorry I don't understand that question.
Check on your IceTV account Web page, in My Account>My Recorders. If you have only one PVR using IceTV, there should only be one recorder listed there. If there is more than one, a new recorder may have been created when you re-did your settings after upgrading the firmware. If your PVR has been registered as a new recorder with IceTV, then that new recorder won't have any recordings set for it. The recordings will all be on the old recorder registration.

This shouldn't have happened, but if it has, it would explain why your PVR isn't being sent any IceTV timers even though networking is working, though it should have still been sent the IceTV EPG.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Eafywan
Apprentice

Post by Eafywan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:05

Gully wrote:It can of course do this, no need to complain. You have missed changing the setting "Show live TV when movie stopped" to no.
Thanks, I couldn't find that setting but have since found it again :D My apologies for complaining, and I appreciate your assistance.

Eafywan
Apprentice

Post by Eafywan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:10

mike007 wrote:If you don't FF the most you possibly have to watch of the ad is only 15sec, how impatient are you? :D
Yeah I know, looking back at my post I must seem like a bit of a whiner but I promise that's not the case!! Like I said, it is a minor annoyance and I do mostly just use the skip settings (5 second skip on 1 and 3) rather than FF. We do end up watching the ends of some ads so no biggie, it would just be nice to have it work as it should. :D

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:17

Eafywan wrote: it would just be nice to have it work as it should. :D
I get it, I'm the same. Or maybe worse lol

Gully

Post by Gully » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:41

Just a minor issue which I have seen previously is wrong or missing icons in OpenWebIf EPG.

Tried both Firefox and Edge and both show the same problem.
EPG.PNG
Cheers
Gully

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:50

Gully wrote:Just a minor issue which I have seen previously is wrong or missing icons in OpenWebIf EPG.

Tried both Firefox and Edge and both show the same problem.
That's strange, I am not getting anything like that in the Perth region. All my icons are working.

Odd that they should work in the main GUI but not the Web Interface.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

iannrob
Apprentice

Post by iannrob » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:59

prl wrote:
iannrob wrote:
prl wrote:
iannrob wrote:...
It was the least of my worries. Basically nothing network was working. Funnily enough entering my details in the icetv setup resulted in me being logged in, even the logs said retrieving epg data etc, but nothing was retrieved no icetv epg no timers.
After I was finally able to restore 4.4 all was well.
Did configuring IceTV over again create a second IceTV device on the server side with the same name?
Sorry I don't understand that question.
Check on your IceTV account Web page, in My Account>My Recorders. If you have only one PVR using IceTV, there should only be one recorder listed there. If there is more than one, a new recorder may have been created when you re-did your settings after upgrading the firmware. If your PVR has been registered as a new recorder with IceTV, then that new recorder won't have any recordings set for it. The recordings will all be on the old recorder registration.

This shouldn't have happened, but if it has, it would explain why your PVR isn't being sent any IceTV timers even though networking is working, though it should have still been sent the IceTV EPG.
There are two machines listed the T3 and and a P1. As soon as I restored 4.4 all went back to normal with the T3 so i can only assume there was not a server issue with the T3
T3

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:06

MrQuade wrote:
tb123 wrote: My T4 continues to work with the statically assigned address until the next day-ish, it's almost as if when the 24hr dhcp lease runs out that causes an issue, or something triggers the router to revert to the previously assigned dhcp address.
I'll leave it for a day or two then, and see what happens on mine.
I have let my T4 run with a locally defined static IP for longer than my DHCP lease period, and there has been no reversion back to the DHCP-assigned address. I don't think I can reproduce this error on my equipment. :-/

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 17:37

MrQuade wrote:
MrQuade wrote:
tb123 wrote: My T4 continues to work with the statically assigned address until the next day-ish, it's almost as if when the 24hr dhcp lease runs out that causes an issue, or something triggers the router to revert to the previously assigned dhcp address.
I'll leave it for a day or two then, and see what happens on mine.
I have let my T4 run with a locally defined static IP for longer than my DHCP lease period, and there has been no reversion back to the DHCP-assigned address. I don't think I can reproduce this error on my equipment. :-/
It could be something specific to my setup or equipment - I guess the "problem" for me was it was working fine prior to the latest update. If I could be bothered I could try defaulting either or both the T4 and my router just in case one of them had some corruption, but that's not a real high priority at the moment.

Since I set my T4 back to DHCP and then assigned an IP address to the T4's MAC address that was in the DHCP scope on my router it has been fine. (still using 192.168.10.202).
There are other devices still on my network that I've set a fixed IP in the device like I always have on the T4 and have no issues with them losing connectivity.
CX65 OLED, Pioneer LX508a,
Beyonwiz DP-Lite, T4, IceTV
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075
Oppo 103 BDP, Apple TV 4k x 2, PS3, PS4, Samsung BDP, Wii, Chromecast Ultra
Unifi USG, PoE switch and access points, Synology DS916+ NAS, HikVision cams, iPads, iPhones, Android, laptops, MacBooks etc.

Neil.winter

Post by Neil.winter » Sun Apr 02, 2017 19:04

Gully wrote:
Eafywan wrote:Hi all, I updated our T4 which all went OK. One thing I have noticed different is that upon movie playback finish or pressing stop, you go back to the movie list but the tuner is playing in the background. There used to be a still frame of the last image of what you were watching which I think was better.

This has always been an irritation with the T4 for us, why can't it go to a blank background with the movie list? Surely this wouldn't be too hard to implement and surely we aren't the only ones that want this? It is irritating having live TV playing in the background of the movie list. We rarely ever watch live TV, we only ever watch recorded programs.

Are there any workarounds to this or at least a reason as to why it can't be done?
It can of course do this, no need to complain. You have missed changing the setting "Show live TV when movie stopped" to no.
Thanks for this, having the same issue. Can you please specifically explain where this setting is with the latest update? Have been all through the settings menu and haven't been able to find it. Cheers.

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 19:21

Neil.winter wrote:
Gully wrote:
Eafywan wrote:Hi all, I updated our T4 which all went OK. One thing I have noticed different is that upon movie playback finish or pressing stop, you go back to the movie list but the tuner is playing in the background. There used to be a still frame of the last image of what you were watching which I think was better.

This has always been an irritation with the T4 for us, why can't it go to a blank background with the movie list? Surely this wouldn't be too hard to implement and surely we aren't the only ones that want this? It is irritating having live TV playing in the background of the movie list. We rarely ever watch live TV, we only ever watch recorded programs.

Are there any workarounds to this or at least a reason as to why it can't be done?
It can of course do this, no need to complain. You have missed changing the setting "Show live TV when movie stopped" to no.
Thanks for this, having the same issue. Can you please specifically explain where this setting is with the latest update? Have been all through the settings menu and haven't been able to find it. Cheers.
Menu>setup>TV>recording settings>behaviour when a movie reaches the end

Neil.winter

Post by Neil.winter » Sun Apr 02, 2017 19:37

mike007 wrote:
Neil.winter wrote:
Gully wrote:

Thanks but no, not that path . I found what I was after whilst waiting for reply. The setting Gully referred to is found by selecting the menu option from the recordings list, then the settings... I searched all through the setup menus and could not find this option within the setup.
Cheers

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Apr 02, 2017 19:52

Neil.winter wrote:...
It's in the 'Movie List Actions' screen, reached via MEDIA -> MENU -> Settings... -> OK, CH+ (page down) twice to get to option 'Show live TV when movie stopped'

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 20:14

Neil.winter wrote:
mike007 wrote:
Neil.winter wrote:
Gully wrote:

Thanks but no, not that path . I found what I was after whilst waiting for reply. The setting Gully referred to is found by selecting the menu option from the recordings list, then the settings... I searched all through the setup menus and could not find this option within the setup.
Cheers
Yes but I'm pretty sure the settings in the path I gave you ( when a movie ends/is stopped) seems to override the one from the movie list. At least it does for me.

Gully

Post by Gully » Sun Apr 02, 2017 21:23

mike007 wrote:Menu>setup>TV>recording settings>behaviour when a movie reaches the end

Yes but I'm pretty sure the settings in the path I gave you ( when a movie ends/is stopped) seems to override the one from the movie list. At least it does for me.
That has nothing to do with the setting Neil asked for.

The one you are looking at is about returning to the movie list, playing the next file, etc. The one he needed is what you see in the background after you return to the movie list. Totally different settings.
Cheers
Gully

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 21:29

Gully wrote:
mike007 wrote:Menu>setup>TV>recording settings>behaviour when a movie reaches the end

That has nothing to do with the setting Neil asked for.

The one you are looking at is about returning to the movie list, playing the next file, etc. The one he needed is what you see in the background after you return to the movie list. Totally different settings.
Ok

TORB
Master

Post by TORB » Mon Apr 03, 2017 18:21

MrQuade wrote:
itstonyb wrote:
The stick must be FAT32, and not exFAT.

Some USB2 sticks and almost all USB3 sticks will not work for a firmware update, so you need to find another stick. The USB stick must be USB1.1 compatible, and not all are unfortunately.

Find the cheapest and nastiest USB stick you own and try that instead.
I have tried my four USB 2 sticks (the smallest being 4 GB) and none of them will load... :x ....... and yes, I have triple checked the destructions to make sure they were formatted correctly and in extracted to the right spot etc. The T4 recognises the USB sticks when they are plugged in normally, but the Firmwear is blind to them. :(

Today I went to Hardly Normal, Office Wurks, Big Wabbleyou, Bingo Lee, Hot Coals, my local $3 type shop, and Oz Post. The smallest USB 2 drive they sell is 8GB. There is no way any of those are likely to work as they are similar to the drives I have already tried that did not work. :evil:

Most of the offerings on eBay etc for USB 2 drives have a size option of from 1GB to 64GB, so it's bloody unlikely they would work either. :? So what now?

This is the start of a real problem for Beyonwiz users. It will only get worse as time goes by and the"antique" USB1 compatible sticks become more and more scarce.
Cheers
Ric

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Apr 03, 2017 18:32

TORB wrote: This is the start of a real problem for Beyonwiz users. It will only get worse as time goes by and the"antique" USB1 compatible sticks become more and more scarce.
Woolworths apparently sell one that is compatible. See here.

You are ideally looking for ones that have a black or white plastic tip (rather than a blue one).
Cheap and nasty ones are more likely to work too, rather than name-brand. Ones that you can buy in a pack of 4 for $10 is a good start.
The kind of ones that are likely work work are ones that are cheap giveaway ones with novelty shapes or features. (Personally, I use one shaped like R2D2 that I bought from Dick Smith).
Last edited by MrQuade on Mon Apr 03, 2017 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 18:36

TORB wrote:
MrQuade wrote:
itstonyb wrote:
The stick must be FAT32, and not exFAT.

Some USB2 sticks and almost all USB3 sticks will not work for a firmware update, so you need to find another stick. The USB stick must be USB1.1 compatible, and not all are unfortunately.

Find the cheapest and nastiest USB stick you own and try that instead.
I have tried my four USB 2 sticks (the smallest being 4 GB) and none of them will load... :x ....... and yes, I have triple checked the destructions to make sure they were formatted correctly and in extracted to the right spot etc. The T4 recognises the USB sticks when they are plugged in normally, but the Firmwear is blind to them. :(

Today I went to Hardly Normal, Office Wurks, Big Wabbleyou, Bingo Lee, Hot Coals, my local $3 type shop, and Oz Post. The smallest USB 2 drive they sell is 8GB. There is no way any of those are likely to work as they are similar to the drives I have already tried that did not work. :evil:

Most of the offerings on eBay etc for USB 2 drives have a size option of from 1GB to 64GB, so it's bloody unlikely they would work either. :? So what now?

This is the start of a real problem for Beyonwiz users. It will only get worse as time goes by and the"antique" USB1 compatible sticks become more and more scarce.
I don't know if I fluked it but I used a brand new SanDisk Cruzer Switch 8 GB and had no problems.
Edit- got it from as you call them, Office Wurks :D
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg

BigbobOz
Master

Post by BigbobOz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 22:53

Similar one worked for me.

Like the new OpenWebIf interface. Cleaner and more modern

Setting up from scratch wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, resetting the favourites list was a pain or am I doing it wrong and it should be easy?

On the topic of setting up favourites, are the main channels for each network (Sydney) in HD and SD now identical? ie any reason to have both in the list if ok to record HD every time?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Apr 03, 2017 23:02

BigbobOz wrote: On the topic of setting up favourites, are the main channels for each network (Sydney) in HD and SD now identical? ie any reason to have both in the list if ok to record HD every time?
It differs from region to region, but in the capital cities I believe it is all standardised now. All of the channels similar their main channel in SD and HD. You can safely remove one or the other from your favorites if you want to avoid the double up.

Setting up favorites can be done from the OpenWebIf or the Wiz GUI. Both are easy to use of you have done it before.

My advice for doing it via the GUI would be to go into your list of bouquets and ensure that "Favourites" appears first in the list. That way, you can simply go to the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet and select each of your preferred channels in turn to copy to favorites. Each copy should only require three button presses.

The web method is nice and easy with is drag and drop interface as well.

kvydm01

Post by kvydm01 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:01

I upgraded my T2 device to 16.1 a few days ago, and there's a problem with timer setting.
I can no longer set a timer when recording time ends next day (i.e. a timer can be set, say, from 23:00 to 23:59, but not to 00:01). Timer is simply not set when I push OK/green button. No error is displayed. And it does't matter how I try to set a timer - through EPG or in any other way.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:10

MrQuade wrote:... It differs from region to region, but in the capital cities I believe it is all standardised now. All of the channels similar their main channel in SD and HD. You can safely remove one or the other from your favorites if you want to avoid the double up.
Are you sure about it being standardised in the capital cities? It's certainly not here in the national capital, where there's no 7HD (7mate remains the Prime7 HD channel here, and rubbish 1080x1440 resolution, too) and we have the whole WIN/Southern Cross Austereo/Prime mess. :)

Has the 7HD/7mate thing been sorted out in Perth yet? The most recent scan data I have for Hobart has neither 7 (or Prime7) nor 7HD (they seem to get Seven content on SCTV). I don't have any scan data for Darwin, but it seems unlikely that it will be particularly standardised, either.

And last football season, weren't there some strange programming changes around 7HD and 7mate tied to football broadcast obligations? Have they now been sorted?

At best, it seems to be standardised for Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

vader1111
Master

Post by vader1111 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:23

7 and it's regional affiliates (i.e. Prime) are still a mess.

Ch7 made the decision to show the AFL in HD in all regions. In the northern markets (NSW, ACT, QLD), the footy is shown on 7Mate, so 7Mate is broadcast in HD and the primary channel remains in SD. In the other states, where the AFL has higher ratings, the footy is shown on the primary channel, so the primary channel is HD and 7Mate is SD.

It's a mess, and they show no signs of changing it in the foreseeable future.
2x T2 19.3 20201114

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25

kvydm01 wrote:I upgraded my T2 device to 16.1 a few days ago, and there's a problem with timer setting.
I can no longer set a timer when recording time ends next day (i.e. a timer can be set, say, from 23:00 to 23:59, but not to 00:01). Timer is simply not set when I push OK/green button. No error is displayed. And it does't matter how I try to set a timer - through EPG or in any other way.
I just created a timer through the EPG for Q&A tonight which runs over midnight and it was created without a problem.

Please provide more details of your set up and step by step creation (or attempt to create) of timers).
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:29

kvydm01 wrote:I upgraded my T2 device to 16.1 a few days ago, and there's a problem with timer setting.
Are you using 12-hour or 24-hour time display?

I can set a manual over-midnight timer in either 12- or 24-hour time. For 24-hour time, I set the start and end times to 23:30 and 00:30 and for 12-hour times I set them to 11:30PM and 12:30AM.

The timer was created as I expected. The only thing that's not immediately obvious is that PREV and NEXT switch the AM/PM suffix.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35

kvydm01 wrote:I upgraded my T2 device to 16.1 a few days ago ...
Not particularly addressed to kvydm01, this seems to be a common misunderstanding...

16.1 isn't the release version of the firmware. It's the version of the core code and the build toolchain. It's still reasonably clear what "upgraded to 16.1" means, at least in this forum area, since there has so far only been one public firmware release based on the 16.1 core. However, there have been a lot of alpha and beta releases based on the 16.1 core, each with its own version number, and there will be future releases of firmware based on the 16.1 core.

Please, everyone use the firmware version number shown in MENU>Information>About>Last Upgrade (or in Open Webif, Boxinfo>Software>Firmware version) when you want to post a firmware version.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:40

Gully wrote:
I just created a timer through the EPG for Q&A tonight which runs over midnight and it was created without a problem.
I assumed that kvydm01 meant that the problem was with setting up a manual timer (or perhaps changing the end time of an EPG-generated one manually).

However, as I posted up-topic, I don't have any problems with over-midnight timers, either EPG-generated or manually-created.

I tried manual creation both with 24-hour and 12-hour time display.
Gully wrote:Please provide more details of your set up and step by step creation (or attempt to create) of timers).
+1
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

kvydm01

Post by kvydm01 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:54

prl wrote:
Gully wrote:
I assumed that kvydm01 meant that the problem was with setting up a manual timer (or perhaps changing the end time of an EPG-generated one manually).

However, as I posted up-topic, I don't have any problems with over-midnight timers, either EPG-generated or manually-created.

I tried manual creation both with 24-hour and 12-hour time display.
Gully wrote:Please provide more details of your set up and step by step creation (or attempt to create) of timers).
+1
Well, lucky you guys, but I do have a problem, and it's very annoying. I'm not at home right now and can't provide the exact steps, but it's nothing special I was doing I believe. I think it's EPG -> Select an item to record -> green button -> green button. And alas, timer is not added if recording ends next day. As for the settings, as far as I understand they're reset during firmware upgrade, and I did not change anything after that, just channel search and also added one recurring timer, that's it.
If noone have any idea what how to rectify this problem, I'll go back to previous firmware.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56

Hi Prl,
prl wrote:The only thing that's not immediately obvious is that PREV and NEXT switch the AM/PM suffix.
This will be changing in the Setup.py refactor. This will become a single button toggle. The feature will *probably* move to the INFO and/or TEXT buttons.

Regards,
Ian.

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:35

prl wrote:I assumed that kvydm01 meant that the problem was with setting up a manual timer (or perhaps changing the end time of an EPG-generated one manually).
Well he did say EPG as well so I started with that where it overlapped a day.
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:37

kvydm01 wrote:... Well, lucky you guys, but I do have a problem, and it's very annoying.
No-one's saying that you don't have a problem. They're saying that they can't replicate it. If it can't be replicated, it's harder to find the cause and fix it.
kvydm01 wrote:I'm not at home right now and can't provide the exact steps, but it's nothing special I was doing I believe. I think it's EPG -> Select an item to record -> green button -> green button. And alas, timer is not added if recording ends next day.
I tried that for a few programs that go over midnight or start or end at midnight. All the timers were created as I expected them to be.
kvydm01 wrote:... If noone have any idea what how to rectify this problem, I'll go back to previous firmware.
No-one has an idea yet. It doesn't mean that the problem is being ignored. The first step is to try to replicate the problem, and so far, neither Gully nor I have been able to do that.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:38

Gully wrote:
prl wrote:I assumed that kvydm01 meant that the problem was with setting up a manual timer (or perhaps changing the end time of an EPG-generated one manually).
Well he did say EPG as well so I started with that where it overlapped a day.
I tried the EPG first, but that worked just fine, so I assumed that manual entry must have been the problem area, but that worked for me, too :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:39

kvydm01 wrote:Well, lucky you guys, but I do have a problem, and it's very annoying. I'm not at home right now and can't provide the exact steps, but it's nothing special I was doing I believe. I think it's EPG -> Select an item to record -> green button -> green button. And alas, timer is not added if recording ends next day. As for the settings, as far as I understand they're reset during firmware upgrade, and I did not change anything after that, just channel search and also added one recurring timer, that's it.
If noone have any idea what how to rectify this problem, I'll go back to previous firmware.
I'm not sure that really is the attitude to encouraging people to help you.

I did exactly the steps you listed above and got a timer.

As for settings, you would have also set location/timezone, etc as well so as requested more info please.

And the problem clearly is not the latest firmware if Peter and I can create timers.
Cheers
Gully

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:46

Gully wrote:
kvydm01 wrote:Well, lucky you guys, but I do have a problem, and it's very annoying. I'm not at home right now and can't provide the exact steps, but it's nothing special I was doing I believe. I think it's EPG -> Select an item to record -> green button -> green button. And alas, timer is not added if recording ends next day. As for the settings, as far as I understand they're reset during firmware upgrade, and I did not change anything after that, just channel search and also added one recurring timer, that's it.

As for settings, you would have also set location/timezone, etc as well so as requested more info please.

And the problem clearly is not the latest firmware if Peter and I can create timers.
No issue here adding a midnight-span timer from the EPG (South Beach Tow, 04.04.2017 23:30 - 05.04.2017 00:34 [with padding]).
EPG, select event, GREEN, GREEN

kvydm01 - have you tried only the one event, or tried many?

Do you have other timers due to fire around that time (although if the new timer would generate a conflict if added, then the 'Timer sanity error' screen should popup).
Have you got the USB tuner plugged in, and have you checked that it works?

TORB
Master

Post by TORB » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:55

MrQuade wrote: You are ideally looking for ones that have a black or white plastic tip (rather than a blue one).
Thanks MrQ, and thanks to the others that also answered.

Found one and its fixed :) so now all I have to do is to tailor it to my own needs.
Cheers
Ric

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 13:17

I seem to remember something about if you're setting up an auto timer for a show that goes past midnight and haven't unticked the day it doesn't create, I don't know if something like that is happening.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 13:27

mike007 wrote:I seem to remember something about if you're setting up an auto timer for a show that goes past midnight and haven't unticked the day it doesn't create, I don't know if something like that is happening.
I could believe just about anything about AutoTimers, but they don't appear to be the issue here.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

kvydm01

Post by kvydm01 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 15:01

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Gully wrote:

No issue here adding a midnight-span timer from the EPG (South Beach Tow, 04.04.2017 23:30 - 05.04.2017 00:34 [with padding]).
EPG, select event, GREEN, GREEN

kvydm01 - have you tried only the one event, or tried many?

Do you have other timers due to fire around that time (although if the new timer would generate a conflict if added, then the 'Timer sanity error' screen should popup).
Have you got the USB tuner plugged in, and have you checked that it works?
From my perspective the new firmware is the problem as such behavior never happened before. Previous firmware upgrade went smoothly.
I actually tried only the event I was interested in. I'll try to do it again today with different events. There were no other timers set for the same time frame. There were no error messages at all, it just silently ignored timer setting. I don't use USB tuner. Nothing was actually plugged in the USB ports. I also checked the disk space, plenty available.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 15:49

kvydm01 wrote:... There were no other timers set for the same time frame.
If there's a tuner allocation conflict for a newly created timer, you'll get a screen that allows you to select which timers to keep.
kvydm01 wrote:... I also checked the disk space, plenty available.
The code doesn't check disk space for a recording until shortly before the recording starts. It also does a cleanup of the recording Trashes at that time.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 16:50

It's not a firmware problem or it would be happening to all of us on the new firmware. You could try downloading it again if you can't work it out.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Apr 04, 2017 17:01

mike007 wrote:....if you can't work it out.
Hopefully kvydm01 can work it out though! If it is indeed a genuine problem that can be reproduced easily by others (even if they haven't encountered the exact same conditions yet themselves), then it deserves to be fixed :)

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 17:05

MrQuade wrote:
mike007 wrote:....if you can't work it out.
Hopefully kvydm01 can work it out though! If it is indeed a genuine problem that can be reproduced easily by others (even if they haven't encountered the exact same conditions yet themselves), then it deserves to be fixed :)
I just did exactly what he said he's doing on 5 different programs and they all set so stuffed if I know. If it is a firmware problem it's only his firmware so a redownload might be worth a shot?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 17:15

mike007 wrote:It's not a firmware problem or it would be happening to all of us on the new firmware. You could try downloading it again if you can't work it out.
Maybe. Or maybe the difference is a setting that has changed from kvydm01's previous setup to the new one. Since the settings should have been re-done manually in this version, rather than restored from backup, that's a possibility. Or perhaps, since kvydm01 was giving the timer creation steps from memory, they weren't exactly what (s)he actually did. While these aren't changes in the firmware, they are associated with the process of installing the firmware.

Anyway, my next step is to try to reproduce kvydm01's states setup on my test T2 and see if I get the error from that.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 17:45

I took my test T2 back to the just-installed state with firmware 20170310, didn't reload settings from backup and did a scan.

But I still have no problems setting a timer with EPG, navigate to an event straddling midnight, GREEN, GREEN.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 17:53

prl wrote:I took my test T2 back to the just-installed state with firmware 20170310, didn't reload settings from backup and did a scan.

But I still have no problems setting a timer with EPG, navigate to an event straddling midnight, GREEN, GREEN.
No surprises there :)

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 18:17

mike007 wrote:
prl wrote:I took my test T2 back to the just-installed state with firmware 20170310, didn't reload settings from backup and did a scan.

No, but I still wanted to make sure.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

mike007
Master

Post by mike007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 18:34

prl wrote:
mike007 wrote:

No, but I still wanted to make sure.
For sure. I still think if he downloads the firmware again and redo the update, it'll work fine.

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Apr 04, 2017 18:37

mike007 wrote:For sure. I still think if he downloads the firmware again and redo the update, it'll work fine.
Famous last words? :)

But I do agree that if we cannot get steps to reproduce the problems, redoing the update, including going through the setup from scratch would be the next logical step.
Cheers
Gully

Return to “Official Firmware Images”