Auto Timer

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Trial_Master
Guru

Re: Auto Timer

Post by Trial_Master » Thu Nov 01, 2018 16:42

Thanks for the list. I'll play around tonight. I have Short Press set to KEY_OK and Long Press set to KEY_INFO. Will see, if anything, that I have been missing out on.

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sat Feb 02, 2019 16:53

Re Autotimers

I set up some auto timers & its appeared to be accepted OK & it scheduled program appears in my Timer list correctly. I have seldom tried using the Auto timer.

I was surprised however that when I went back to my EPG list of favorites that there wasn't anything on the screen to suggest that programs had already been scheduled didn't appear to have any indication that something was already scheduled.

Unless the EPG displays every scheduled program aren't people more likely to try to scheduled the same thing again? Did I miss an option somewhere?
Thanks In advance
T2,Topfield 7160,Harmony 650 Remote,TCL TV Model 70P10US,Chromecast

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sat Feb 02, 2019 17:02

I keep reading that it's easier to schedule programs by using OpenWebif & i had it on both my android tablet & new phone. Is there a guide telling you how to edit favorites etc?
Thanks In advance

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Feb 02, 2019 17:06

Confused wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 16:53
I was surprised however that when I went back to my EPG list of favorites that there wasn't anything on the screen to suggest that programs had already been scheduled didn't appear to have any indication that something was already scheduled.

Unless the EPG displays every scheduled program aren't people more likely to try to scheduled the same thing again? Did I miss an option somewhere?
It depends on which services are in your EPG and which one the the timer was created for, so it is very easy to end up with no timer visible when looking at your Favourites EPG.

One option is to limit Autotimers to using a Bouquet like Favourites so they should always be visible in the EPG after you do that. You can include that in the default settings for Autotimers so it will happen every time.
Cheers
Gully

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Feb 02, 2019 21:31

Confused wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 17:02
I keep reading that it's easier to schedule programs by using OpenWebif & i had it on both my android tablet & new phone.

You're not confusing (sic) the WizOS app and OpenWebif (OWIF) are you?
On page one of this topic, I linked to an example pic of using OWIF to manage an AutoTimer definition.
Confused wrote: Is there a guide telling you how to edit favorites etc?

This post has an old pic of BouquetEditor, but I don't think much has changed - https://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewt ... 00#p157400

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sun Feb 03, 2019 13:10

I printed out a few pages from that guide & looked at editing list of Favorites from OpenWebIf and decided to try it first on the T2 itself.

Pressing Fav fro live TV only brings doesn't do anything at all.

Whatever I did I really stuffed things up. It I press the favorite button on my remote I appear to get 'all' channels displayed and more or less the reverse order to what I had before with the previous last channel now being the first.

If I then go to live TV & use up or down channel I see on the bottom info bar that each & every channel starts as 0 then followed by maybe SBS One HD.

What is the best way to sort out this mess? I seem to recall that somewhere I should be able to restore settings, is this still possible? Failing this should I try deleting all Boutiques using OpenWebIF & starting over?
Thanks In advance

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Feb 03, 2019 13:35

Confused wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 13:10
Confused wrote:
It I press the favorite button on my remote I appear to get 'all' channels displayed

OK, now I'm confused (beyond just the mangled sentences). When you press FAV on the remote, do you see nothing, or all (or 'all') of the channels?
Confused wrote:
What is the best way to sort out this mess? I seem to recall that somewhere I should be able to restore settings, is this still possible? Failing this should I try deleting all Boutiques using OpenWebIF & starting over?

My best guess (and it really is a guess with the seemingly contradictory descriptions) is that you've managed to delete all your bouquets (not boutiques) and you are viewing the system's internal list of all services (what you'd get with FAV, RED All). That list isn't sorted in any useful order.

That means it's a bit hard to give certain advice about how to recover from it, but restoring your settings is one method that will probably fix that problem. However it will also reset your timers (and AutoTimers, if any) back to the state they were in when you last saved settings. There are ways to put the current timer files back, but they involve using the PVR's command-line interface.

An alternative would be to re-scan and then re-create your Favourites folder, either using the PVR's on-screen GUI or OpenWebif. That would preserve your timers.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Feb 03, 2019 14:21

I note prl has replied but I'll have a go too...
Confused wrote:

Only brings up what? Something or nothing? If something, what is it?
Confused wrote: Whatever I did I really stuffed things up. It I press the favorite button on my remote I appear to get 'all' channels displayed and more or less the reverse order to what I had before with the previous last channel now being the first.

What button do you mean with "favorite button on my remote"? Are you using a Beyonwiz remote or a programmable remote?
The FAV button brings up the "channel list" contents of your current bouquet (assuming the setting 'Always show bouquets' is disabled [MENU>>Setup>>TV>>Channel selection], otherwise it'll show the list of bouquets and you then need to select a bouquet).
What bouquet shows when this "favorite button on my remote" is pressed?
Confused wrote: If I then go to live TV & use up or down channel I see on the bottom info bar that each & every channel starts as 0 then followed by maybe SBS One HD.

I've no idea what you mean by this. I can't think of why "each & every channel starts as 0".
Confused wrote: What is the best way to sort out this mess? I seem to recall that somewhere I should be able to restore settings, is this still possible? Failing this should I try deleting all Boutiques using OpenWebIF & starting over?

Don't delete all bouquets.
You should only be editing the 'Favourites' bouquet. You can easily remove the services from the 'Favourites' bouquet and start again. Alternatively, you can easily re-order the services in the 'Favourites' bouquet - use OWIF to simply drag-and-drop them into the order you want them using the "3-horizontal-lines" handle.

It's hard work trying to understand your issues without screenshots. In the case of the forum trying to understand what you're describing, a picture paints a billion words :)
Please learn how to take screenshots using either OWIF or the ShootYourScreen plugin and then include them with your issues.
See these posts as a "how to" on taking OWIF or ShootYourScreen screenshots.
https://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewt ... 67#p169267
https://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewt ... 62#p165562
https://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewt ... 67#p169372

ShootYourScreen download/setup is shown in the linked post. Your T2 is networked, so you can just download the ShootYourScreen plugin.

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sun Feb 03, 2019 14:47

I should have grabbed screenshots before posting but I have rebooted & all settings appear to be back as they were before I did anything at all this AM.

I see that I can take a screen shot with OpenWebIf if necessary & I will do so when needed. This web page seems to be able to display most if not all of the settings about my T2. Does this mean that anyone/anywhere that keys in the address can see and/or alter data on my machine? If so how concerned should I be since the websites don't appear to be secure?
Thanks In advance

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Feb 03, 2019 15:03

Confused wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 14:47
I see that I can take a screen shot with OpenWebIf if necessary & I will do so when needed. This web page seems to be able to display most if not all of the settings about my T2. Does this mean that anyone/anywhere that keys in the address can see and/or alter data on my machine? If so how concerned should I be since the websites don't appear to be secure?

The normal configuration of most home networking modem/routers makes it difficult for services on your home network to be accessed from outside your home network (provided you use WPA or WPA2 for your WiFi authentication and use a long password not likely to be found by dictionary attacks - I use a 16-character WiFi password).

That is why people who want to access their Beyonwizes away from home generally use a VPN connection to allow their remote devices to appear to be on the home network even while they are not. But even that access is not enabled on the Beyonwiz by default.

If you want to, you can increase the security of access to OpenWebif by going to PLUGIN>OpenWebif and enabling HTTPS and HTTP authentication. That will increase the security of the Web server in the PVR, but decrease its convenience of use (like most security measures). I've never tried configuring either of those features, so I can't provide step-by-step instructions to do it, but there may be someone esle who has tried.

The OpenWebif configuration on all my Beyonwizes is as it comes "out of the box", except where I've changed the "custom box name" because I have more than one T3 and more than one U4, so leaving the names as their defaults (beyonwizt3 and beyonwizu4) is confusing.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sun Feb 03, 2019 16:38

That's good to know about the security.

I think that I may have given the impression that I'm technologically challenged. This may be true when it comes to some areas of endeavor,but not all.

I have lived in house's that had the worlds first pay TV. I was the first person that I ever heard of having any device that was capable of playing back music in stereo and I have rarely ever seen any TV that was broadcast live since I have been recording almost everything for over 40 years.

The Beyonwiz is somewhat different since it has many more options than most devices, many of which use acronym's that aren't explained or not saying where something is supposed to be done.

The latest example would be editing favorites using OpenWebit where I cant see any tab what you would need to use to move a selection in a sequence.
Thanks In advance

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Feb 03, 2019 17:07

Confused wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 16:38
The Beyonwiz is somewhat different since it has many more options than most devices, many of which use acronym's that aren't explained or not saying where something is supposed to be done.

Most of the acronyms/abbreviations that are used in the Beyonwiz user interface can be searched for in Wikipedia. Unfortunately, that usually gives multiple matches for the search, but it's usually not hard to work out the one that applies.. E.g. WPA, that I used in my previous post, matches 18 Wikipedia articles. But I think that it's reasonably clear from context, that the one I meant was "Wi-Fi Protected Access, a wireless encryption standard". You can then click on the link and the introduction will often tell you enough to work out what the term means.

If there are any particular acronyms, abbreviations or other terminology that you can't easily work out that way, just ask. Bouquet (in the sense used in the Beyonwiz firmware) is a collection of audio/visual services. It's a term that is used in the European DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) standards (which we use, with only small variations, in Australian digital TV) for that, and presumably came into use in the Beyonwiz firmware from there.
Confused wrote:
The latest example would be editing favorites using OpenWebit where I cant see any tab what you would need to use to move a selection in a sequence.

In OpenWebif, re-orderable lists of bouquets and channels have a little icon with three horizontal bars on the left-hand end of each entry. Left click-and-hold on that icon and it acts as a handle that allows you to move the item up and down the list that it's in.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Feb 03, 2019 22:01

Confused wrote:
...The latest example would be editing favorites using OpenWebit where I cant see any tab what you would need to use to move a selection in a sequence.

Earlier, I linked you a post in which there was a screenshot of the Bouquet Editor within OpenWebif. If you had opened that link, you'd have seen the screenshot was taken whilst a service was being "dragged" towards its new position in the 'Favourites' bouquet. It's hard to miss, as it shows a mouse pointer on a mis-aligned row as the row is being dragged. Well, I don't think it was hard to miss.

In a following post I stated -
Alternatively, you can easily re-order the services in the 'Favourites' bouquet - use OWIF to simply drag-and-drop them into the order you want them using the "3-horizontal-lines" handle.

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Mon Feb 04, 2019 15:51

Well its all done now & working well. Thanks for the help.
Thanks In advance

Return to “Plugins”