Series2Folder Plugin in BW U4

Moderators: Gully, peteru

KGL
Master

Series2Folder Plugin in BW U4

Post by KGL » Sun Jan 21, 2018 23:11

I downloaded the plugin using the link in the forum topic on this plugin to my PC. Then copied to a USB thumb drive and connected it to the BW U4.
The U4 recognised the plugin and I installed the plugin using the green button.

I can't remember the exact message but it said something like copied, updated without error. There was a bar like a progress bar that remained on screen which disappeared when I pressed OK/Exit. (I tried installing a couple of times)

I rebooted the unit but I can't find the plugin anywhere. It does not appear in the plugin browser.

Any ideas?

Greg

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Series2Folder Plugin in BW U4

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Jan 21, 2018 23:19

KGL wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 23:11
I rebooted the unit but I can't find the plugin anywhere. It does not appear in the plugin browser.

It doesn't. When in the movie list and with a recording selected, press MENU.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 23:23

In use, it is installed under Media>Menu. Under Plugins, you will find it in Remove under the heading Extensions.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

KGL
Master

Post by KGL » Mon Jan 22, 2018 17:15

Thanks Guys
Its all good now.
Is it possible to make a suggestion and is there a place I should go to do this?
It doesn't seem possible for this plugin to work with series folders at different level levels. It would be great to have the plugin working with this sort of arrangement:

Wife
-------Series A
-------Series B etc
Me
-------Series A
-------Series B etc
SBS
-------Series A
-------Series B etc

Thanks
Greg

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jan 22, 2018 17:24

I started a discussion on pretty much that subject (flexibility of recording folders) about 3 weeks ago in the main Series2Folder plugin topic. The only substantial response requested features that were well beyond what I was contemplating. Your suggestion seems more in line with what I was thinking about.

When you re-post, perhaps include a bit more information about exactly what you'd like the plugin to do. For example, where are all the episodes being placed when they are recorded, how do you want to specify which episodes are collected under which destination folders, and when you list

Me:
-------Series A
-------Series B

Wife:
-------Series A
-------Series B

Are the two "Series A" and the two "Series B" the same series or different ones?

You may also want to have a look at the "seriesplugin" plugin in the downloadable plugins list (in the "extensions" section). I've only had a brief look at it, and I don't know how well it works, but it seems to do a similar sort of job, but with lots more bells and whistles.

There isn't really a "Series2Folder Plugin in BW U4". It's the same plugin code that runs in all Beyonwiz T/U series models.

I'll close this topic, not because it's inappropriate, but because I'd like to keep all the discussion about the plugin in one place.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Plugins”