Media Portal problem fixed

Moderators: Gully, peteru

ljk2000
Apprentice

Media Portal problem fixed

Post by ljk2000 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:17

I have been a keen user of Media Portal plugin for quite some time mainly for music vids (Ampya is awesome) and cartoons for the kids but in the recent software upgrade something broke and I was not able to access it, just though that I would share how I fixed it just in case anyone else is having the same problem.

When you download and install Media Portal from the plugins download list and then reboot and press the Plugin button you will get an error: Some plugins are not available: Extensions/Mediaportal (no module names argparse) to fix this do the following, I use a windows PC not sure how you do it on Mac, someone else may comment on this. Works on my T3 and T4 so now reason it wont work on T2 also.

* First you will need to know your T4 IP address, with your T4 remote go into Menu / Information / Network and find your IP, should be something like 192.168.1.xx
* On your PC Click on start and run Command Prompt (I just type cmd into search and it opens)
* When command prompt opens type in: telnet yourt4ipaddress e.g. telnet 192.168.1.16 and press enter
* Next you should see beyonwizt4 login: here you just enter the username which is root and press enter
* Now you should see root@beyonwizt4:~# and here you want to type the following line and press enter: opkg install python-argparse
* You should see some activity in the command window such as downloading and configuring
* when it has finished it will again show root@beyonwizt4:~# now simply type in reboot and your T4 will reboot, you can now close command prompt and Media portal should now work again :)

When you first go into Media Portal it will probably ask you to update, just follow the on screen prompts, enjoy :)
Attachments
mp.jpg
LJ
Beyonwiz T3-500
Beyonwiz T4-BB + 4TB WD Green
Qnap TS-470

prl
Wizard God

Re: Media Portal problem fixed

Post by prl » Fri May 13, 2016 12:50

It might be worth contacting the author of the plugin and asking if python-argparse could be added to the Media Portal's dependencies. Then when Media Portal is installed, python-argparse should install automatically if it's not there already.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Plugins”