Austream IPTV on T2 & T4

Moderators: Gully, peteru

snb41
Apprentice

Austream IPTV on T2 & T4

Post by snb41 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 16:18

Hi All,
Just thought that I would report that I have managed to get Austream IPTV working quite well on my T4 which is a bouquet of around 700 channels from heaps of different countries, you can check out their website here for what they have to offer: http://austream.com.au/ They have a free 6hour trial if you want to check out if it works for you. If you sign up for the free trial they will probably send you a m3u file link, this is of no use to you for the T4, you need to tell them that you have a Beyonwiz or Enigma 2 box and they will email you some code that you need to apply via telnet to the T4, I have some instructions on how I do it on Windows using command prompt below, I am sure there are other ways to do on mac and also other methods on PC if anyone wants to suggest that would be great :D

How to send the code via Telnet
You will receive the code from Austream that looks something like this:
wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh "http://swebstreamer.hopto.me:xxxx/get.php?username=xxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx&type=enigma22_script&output=mpegts" && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh
* Get your Beyonwiz T2 or T4 IP addres by going into Menu-Information-Network
* Open Command Prompt on your PC (I do this by simply typing cmd into my windows search bar and hitting enter), Command prompt will open and you will see something like C:\Users\MyPC>
* After the > type: telnet your-T4-IP (e.g. C:\Users\MyPC>telnet 192.168.0.5) and hit enter. You now should see beyonwizt4 login:
* after the above line type in root and hit enter (e.g. beyonwizt4 login:root)
* Now it will give you this line: root@beyonwizt4:~#
* here is where you past the code that you got from Austream and press enter (just right click your mouse and select paste as Ctrl+v does not see to work)
* You should see some activity on the command prompt screen that takes around 5 seconds.
That's it your Done! No need to reboot..

Now press the TV button at the bottom of your T4 to open your Bouquets and you should see a IPTV bouquet, press OK on the folder and then scroll to the channel you want to watch and press "ok", you will now be inside the bouquet so you can now just use the CH+ CH- buttons. To go back to normal TV press the TV button and select Terrestrial TV LCN folder.

I have had IPTV channel on my Kodi setup for years but this is particularly cool because I can add certain channels to my Favourites bouquet with normal DTV channels and flick through them and you can even record from the IPTV channels, pretty bloody cool! Please be aware that there are some hardcore adult channels, you can go in and block them out with the parental control or simply delete them.

I have added a couple of screen shots below, enjoy :)
Attachments
austream1.jpg
austream2.jpg
austream3.jpg
austream4.jpg
snb41
Wollongong NSW
Beyonwiz T4 + Chromecast
Beyonwiz T2
Beyonwiz V2
DP-S1 x 1 and a half.. (Retired)
Favourite Plugins
e2iStream / MediaPortal / TStube / Kodi

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Re: Austream IPTV on T2 & T4

Post by tonymy01 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 17:07

wow, so bouquets extend beyond broadcast TV channels, that is pretty cool. I guess some of us would like to see that iptv.sh script to make sure it isn't doing anything more sinister under the hood...
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Feb 05, 2016 17:22

tonymy01 wrote:... I guess some of us would like to see that iptv.sh script to make sure it isn't doing anything more sinister under the hood...
You extend the same level of trust every time you install a .ipk plugin package.

BTW: subscriptions are $13.95 up front and then $18.95/month. I couldn't find a list of the English-language channels that are available. Apparently, while "What services does AUStream offer?" is a Frequently Asked Question, the answer is just "lots".

The FAQ hasn't been very carefully modified for Australia: the price of their IPTV app is given in Euros.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

snb41
Apprentice

Post by snb41 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 14:46

prl wrote: I couldn't find a list of the English-language channels that are available. Apparently, while "What services does AUStream offer?" is a Frequently Asked Question, the answer is just "lots".
There are at least 60 - 70 UK based channels and 20 odd English sports channels but there are a bunch more of the international channels that may have a movie on it in English but with subtitles.
snb41
Wollongong NSW
Beyonwiz T4 + Chromecast
Beyonwiz T2
Beyonwiz V2
Favourite Plugins

snb41
Apprentice

Post by snb41 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 14:48

tonymy01 wrote:wow, so bouquets extend beyond broadcast TV channels, that is pretty cool.
Yes it is cool, I have also figured out how to convert an m3u playlist so that you can add it as a bouquet, I will add a how-to in another post when I get some time :D
snb41
Wollongong NSW
Beyonwiz T4 + Chromecast
Beyonwiz T2
Beyonwiz V2
Favourite Plugins

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Feb 06, 2016 15:06

snb41 wrote:
prl wrote: I couldn't find a list of the English-language channels that are available. Apparently, while "What services does AUStream offer?" is a Frequently Asked Question, the answer is just "lots".
There are at least 60 - 70 UK based channels and 20 odd English sports channels but there are a bunch more of the international channels that may have a movie on it in English but with subtitles.
Yes, I said there were lots.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

tezza007
Wizard

Post by tezza007 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 20:43

snb41 wrote:... and 20 odd English sports ....
Cricket
Tennis
:lol:
Tezza

Beyonwiz T4, 1TB internal WD Green HDD, 4TB USB Portable HDD
Beyonwiz T4, 500GB 2.5" internal HD
LG 500w sound bar
LG 70UF770T LED LCD 4K 70" TV
LG Magic Remote

Return to “Plugins”