Wife confused T4 to T4

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Swanny
Apprentice

Wife confused T4 to T4

Post by Swanny » Sun Sep 20, 2015 20:24

We have networked the two T4s and they have access to each other's hard disk.
When we go to menu/sources we see the other T4s hard disk. When we open the hard disk / movie we have a list of items referring to the one recording each line with a different file ending. ( e.g. .eit. ts. ts.ap. etc)
It I possible to just have the recording's name. Such as Foyle's War?
I am guessing that the recording is the one ending in .ts As it is the largest file.
Beyonwiz T4x2, WizOz, wired and wifi local network, LG TVs, . MBPro, iPad Air 2s, IceTV

prl
Wizard God

Re: Wife confused T4 to T4

Post by prl » Sun Sep 20, 2015 20:38

You're using the FileCommander. Try the MoviePlayer (MEDIA from live TV) instead, and use YELLOW Location to access shares from other devices.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

jazza
Master

Post by jazza » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:56

There are also naming options in the setup menus but they're to do with adding/removing datestamps, time stamps (and channel names I think from memory).

Not in front of box ATM so can't tell you exact menu location.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:14

jazza wrote:There are also naming options in the setup menus but they're to do with adding/removing datestamps, time stamps (and channel names I think from memory).
The settings I think you're talking about set the format for the filenames used for recordings. These names are not what is displayed for recordings in the Movie Player (MEDIA from live TV).

The bare file names are what you see in the File Commander (MENU>Sources>T4, for example). But the File Commander isn't intended to be used as a media player, even though it can play some media types.
jazza wrote:Not in front of box ATM so can't tell you exact menu location.
I presume you mean MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings>Composition of the recording names (and perhaps also Limit character set for recording names).

The options are:
standard: YYYYMMDD HHMM - service name - series/program name
Long filenames: YYYYMMDD HHMM - service name - series/program name - episode/show description
Short filenames: YYYYMMDD - series/program name

And then _N if required to cope when two recordings would otherwise have the same name, and then various extensions for the recording data (.ts) and other metadata files.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

jazza
Master

Post by jazza » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:21

Yes.

Return to “Networking”