Broken LAN Interface?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

mishmash
Master

Broken LAN Interface?

Post by mishmash » Fri Jan 05, 2024 09:25

Hi everyone.
Happy new year.

I suspect my V2 NIC has decided retirement is in order. I was watching a show held on my server when the playback froze and the spinning spikey thingy came up. I did a reboot etc., but still no joy. The Wiz cannot see anything on the network. Other devices on the same LAN can see the server no problem.

Looking at the V2 Network Settings it says Ethernet interface, DHCP, and Wake on LAN as all enabled, but for the Current Settings all are "N/A", with DNS values as 1.1.1.1 and 0.0.0.0

If I do a network test I get:
LAN adaptor - GREEN LAN connection
Local network - GREEN connected
DHCP - GREEN enabled
IP address - RED unconfirmed
Nameserver - RED unconfirmed

I've checked the LAN port on the back of the V2 and both lights are blinking. I tried a different LAN cable on a different router port. No difference.
Is the old girl terminal?

Prior to all this I had been rooting around in the mess of cables behind all my devices so I thought maybe I'd pulled a cable or something but cannot see anything wrong. Besides, the playback WAS working, but froze mid-show.
Any thoughts that may help a numpty like me?

Thanks a heap.
DP-P1 and other stuff...and now a V2

raymondjpg
Guru

Re: Broken LAN Interface?

Post by raymondjpg » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:31

mishmash wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 09:25
Any thoughts that may help a numpty like me?

I should think someone with knowledge of the V2 will come to the party, but my take on this is that (from your network test) it looks like the LAN connectivity is OK but there may be an issue with IP assignment.

If you haven't done so already, I would first reboot (or maybe better power cycle) the router assigning the IP address, then reboot the V2. Classic IT fixall recommendations!
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

mishmash
Master

Re: Broken LAN Interface?

Post by mishmash » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:12

raymondjpg wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:31

I should think someone with knowledge of the V2 will come to the party, but my take on this is that (from your network test) it looks like the LAN connectivity is OK but there may be an issue with IP assignment.

If you haven't done so already, I would first reboot (or maybe better power cycle) the router assigning the IP address, then reboot the V2. Classic IT fixall recommendations!

I did try that last night but with no luck. As you say, the ubiquitous power off and on.
However.......doing it again just now and bingo! Back up and running.
Thanks for the nudge! :)
DP-P1 and other stuff...and now a V2

Return to “Networking”