Network connection to a Beyonwiz box without resetting program being played?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

grumpy

Network connection to a Beyonwiz box without resetting program being played?

Post by grumpy » Sat Dec 25, 2021 18:35

Hi,
I want to connect via the network and display on my macOS laptop or Windows PC whatever is being played on the Beyonwiz T4 box, without disturbing other viewers watching the TV.

I'm in the next room and can hear what is being played. Sometimes what I'm hearing sounds interesting and I'd like to view the program on my Windows or macOS computer.

Currently, when I connect via the T4's webpage to stream across the network, it resets recorded material to the beginning of the recording, annoying the family.

Is there a way to connect to the Beyonwiz T4 so that I can also watch what is being played without disturbing the other viewers?

Cheers
Chris

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Network connection to a Beyonwiz box without resetting program being played?

Post by MrQuade » Sat Dec 25, 2021 19:07

grumpy wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 18:35

Is there a way to connect to the Beyonwiz T4 so that I can also watch what is being played without disturbing the other viewers?
If they are watching live tv , then you can just visit the Web interface EPG and stream live tv from there.

When playing recordings, you are probably pressing the "Playback" button when you are playing the recording? That would be why it is interrupting the TV viewers. You just want to stream to your PC with the streaming button next to that playback button.

A better way to stream recordings works be to visit the T4's network share and play the recording file directly rather than try to play recordings via the web interface.
Last edited by MrQuade on Sat Dec 25, 2021 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Network connection to a Beyonwiz box without resetting program being played?

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Dec 25, 2021 19:37

grumpy wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 18:35

Or, an easier way to find the current live program in OWIF - Television / Current / stream icon (top left, underneath the "OpenWebif" heading).
On that same "Current" page, you can also click the service name to start the stream.

Return to “Networking”