Windows 10 cannot see Beyonwiz T4 on Network.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

MusicBuddha
On probation

Windows 10 cannot see Beyonwiz T4 on Network.

Post by MusicBuddha » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:15

Hi There,

I have a Mac Pro mid 2012 model running Windows 10 on Bootcamp that cannot see my Beyonwiz T4 in Windows File Explorer. If I boot the same machine into OSX then it can see it and access files and directories using Finder without problem.

I am assuming that because OSX works fine that the problem will lie in the Windows 10 network config somewhere.

I hope someone out there can help as it is very painful to have to boot into OSX every time I want to copy a file to my T4.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Windows 10 cannot see Beyonwiz T4 on Network.

Post by MrQuade » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:48

The most recent thread in this forum area deals with this very problem.
https://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewt ... 43&t=13167

It is best if you have a read of the forums or try some searches before starting a new thread. This topic comes up frequently.

Search terms such as "explorer" "network" "share" and combinations thereof will pop up some results.

More specifically, and now armed with one link, if you search for "master browser" you will get a plethora of other threads on the topic. :)

(Apologies if that comes across as a bit blunt, no offence is intended, but it helps the whole community if discussion topics are kept together)
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

raymondjpg
Guru

Re: Windows 10 cannot see Beyonwiz T4 on Network.

Post by raymondjpg » Fri Mar 15, 2019 13:27

MusicBuddha wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:15
I am assuming that because OSX works fine that the problem will lie in the Windows 10 network config somewhere.

It has always been my view that this problem is a gift from Microsoft coming as an adjunct to Windows 10. Various fixes have been proposed, none of which appear to be successful in all situations, so the best solution IMO is a workaround by selecting the "Network" section of Windows File Explorer and overwriting it with the name of your BW device (in your case I suspect BEYONWIZT4) thus \\BEYONWIZT4. You can also map a network drive and put a shortcut on the desktop if you wish, to save having to go through the process again from time to time.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Return to “Networking”