U4 WiFi not working.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

nodyel
Apprentice

U4 WiFi not working.

Post by nodyel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 19:44

Hi,

Just got back home after a few days away. All programs recorded fine. However, when I checked the timers, only 2 days worth of upcoming recordings (I use IceTV) listed. IceTv Epg only showed the next couple of days as well.

I suspect I know the answer - the WifFi dongle has partially died (mine was supplied with U4 - little white casing with 'EDUP' on it).

I ran the network test, and that failed after detecting the dongle, and it failed to actually connect to the network. I did a network scan and tried to connect to a different networks but that ended in failure also. The strange thing is that it detected all of my 4 wireless networks (2g & 5g, x 2 access points) - it just failed to connect to any of them. Been working fine since I got the U4 early this year. The fact that it detected the networks means that at least some part of it still works (and it is listed in the Information screen).

Luckily I still have the WiFi dongle from my retired 2460 Toppy - shutdown & power off U4, plugged that in, restarted, and bingo - networking all fine again (2g only of course)

Might have to go find the recent thread talking abould suitable replacements on eBay.

O, just in case it may be significant (I suspect not) I am on beta 20181104.

Chyeers,

Mike.
BeyonWiz U4 F/W 19.3 20190815
Samsung UA65MU6100
Harmony Elite RC
Foxtel IQ3
Google Home Hub & Mini

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: U4 WiFi not working.

Post by MrQuade » Fri Nov 23, 2018 19:54

Try the dongle in a PC and see if it works.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

nodyel
Apprentice

Re: U4 WiFi not working.

Post by nodyel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 20:29

MrQuade wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 19:54
Try the dongle in a PC and see if it works.
Hmm - good idea.

Tried in one of my laptops - worked straight away and connected to all networks. Very strange...

If I remember correctly, one off the last things I did before i went away was to install 20181104. IceTv epg and timers were there after the install, but probably because they were cached (I assume). Didn't actually check the network status.

Might leave it as it is at the moment, and see what happens when the next beta comes through and do some swap tests. At least I don't have to worry about buying a replacement in a hurry.

Mike.
BeyonWiz U4 F/W 19.3 20190815
Samsung UA65MU6100
Harmony Elite RC
Foxtel IQ3
Google Home Hub & Mini

Return to “Networking”