Beyonwiz being able to see PC

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Twizzle
Master

Beyonwiz being able to see PC

Post by Twizzle » Sun Feb 23, 2020 09:44

I have been using first a T4 then more recently U4 and am very happy. But my PC can 'see'' my U4 ok and when I download programmes I download straight to the U4 via WiFi and can watch them with no problems but the U4 itself cannot 'see' the PC.

Is this a matter of Mounting and can you point me to a post on this site that tells me step by step how to do it. I've had a go at it previously but got nowhere. It would be good to be able access the PC (Win10) via the U4. Thanks in advance.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Re: Beyonwiz being able to see PC

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 13:21

Twizzle wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 09:44
I have been using first a T4 then more recently U4 and am very happy. But my PC can 'see'' my U4 ok and when I download programmes I download straight to the U4 via WiFi and can watch them with no problems but the U4 itself cannot 'see' the PC.

Is this a matter of Mounting and can you point me to a post on this site that tells me step by step how to do it. I've had a go at it previously but got nowhere. It would be good to be able access the PC (Win10) via the U4. Thanks in advance.

Hi Twizzle,

On the PC you need to create a shared folder. In the control panel you should turn off password protected sharing (it's default is on) or you will need to create a user account and password for the shared folder to be visible to the U4. Win10 is quite fussy in this regard.

In this post I set out how to use the network browser with a NAS. It's the same process for a windows folder.

If the browser doesn't expand to show the share, usually this means windows is not setup correctly and is looking for a username and password that differs from what you think it should be.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Twizzle
Master

Re: Beyonwiz being able to see PC

Post by Twizzle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 05:47

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”