Server Prohibited 404 New Topic wont Post nor Preview & Save Draft

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Dazzla_1
Master

Server Prohibited 404 New Topic wont Post nor Preview & Save Draft

Post by Dazzla_1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 13:05

Hi hope this Posts Been trying to send a Post since Yesterday 1500 and every time I try I get (Server Prohibited 404) The New Topic wont Post or Preview or Save Draft every time I try I lose all my stuff and have to start again

However If I hold the Keyboard down and dgyfdfgdkiidgyukhdkydukghdyuhgd and in Subject 76rryyuyrurutyi8 it has posted one more time if you are reading this :shock: :roll:

Dazzla_1
Beyonwiz U4 - New Nov 2018 - F/ware beyonwiz-19.3 - beyonwiz - U4-2019 - 1106.
Re Flashed U4 -2019 - 1106 F/Ware Oct - 2020 -

SONY BRAVIA - KD-55 x 8500-B - 4K - Ultra HD, LCD, LED, Smart TV
ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Re: Server Prohibited 404 New Topic wont Post nor Preview & Save Draft

Post by prl » Sat Nov 23, 2019 17:08

Two main possibilities:
  • The Sucuri firewall in the hosting service for the forum mistook something you were trying to post for something like malicious SQL code insertion. This can happen when you try to post code snippets, or sometimes it boils down to "just because". These error screens contain very little information about the actual cause (for obvious reasons), which makes reworking a post to get it accepted a bit tiresome. Search on the forum for "sucuri". You'll find lots of posts.
  • Something was broken (and then fixed) in the hosting service. When that happens you'll often get an error screen that tries to explain which bit is broken.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Nov 23, 2019 17:27

prl wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 17:08
The Sucuri firewall in the hosting service for the forum mistook something you were trying to post for something like malicious SQL code insertion. This can happen when you try to post code snippets, or sometimes it boils down to "just because".

I had this happen to me recently when I was attempting to post some autotimer.xml definition snippets. The "sucky sucky" firewall kept saying "no, no, no". I kept slashing & burning my attempted post to little avail. In the end I trashed that entire portion of the post and the rest was accepted.
Later, I attempted a test post with the same original contents (as I'd had them in a text document), and kept chopping away until the test preview was accepted. Likely it'll come as no surprise to you that the "sucky sucky" didn't like an innocuous word; it was 'the' - obviously it saw it in combination of some other text and that triggered the great firewall shutters.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Nov 23, 2019 17:31

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 17:27
prl wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 17:08
The Sucuri firewall in the hosting service for the forum mistook something you were trying to post for something like malicious SQL code insertion. This can happen when you try to post code snippets, or sometimes it boils down to "just because".

I had this happen to me recently when I was attempting to post some autotimer.xml definition snippets. The "sucky sucky" firewall kept saying "no, no, no". I kept slashing & burning my attempted post to little avail. ...

I often end up having to do a binary search for the bit of the post that upsets Sucuri, cutting out about half of the post each time to zoom down on what might be the cause.

Fails miserably if there is more than one thing in the post that's being objected to.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”