auto volume

Moderators: Gully, peteru

kjt005
Apprentice

auto volume

Post by kjt005 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:02

is there an explanation of the auto volume function and how to change the default volume on all channels

prl
Wizard God

Re: auto volume

Post by prl » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:15

Which model and which firmware version?

I've just looked at all of T2, T3, T4 & U4 running firmware 20181003 and none of them seem to have the kernel capability that supports the built-in auto volume control.

Or do you mean the automaticvolumeadjustment plugin? That seems to allow you to set the volume on a per-channel basis, but probably isn't "automatic" in the sense that you want if you're trying to control the apparent loudness of ads.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

kjt005
Apprentice

Post by kjt005 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:20

it is a plugin on my T4 and U4

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:28

Do you want to use it to try to balance the volume across channels, or to reduce the volume for overly-loud ads?

It can't do the second, and I strongly suspect that it can only control the volume of channels where the audio is downmixed in the device (in your case, probably only the MPEG3 channels).

I've never used the plugin, and I can't find any useful discussion on the forum about how to use it. If you think that even with those limitations that you still think it might be useful, you could become the forum expert on the plugin yourself, wait for someone who has used it to reply, or wait until someone else who's never used it learns how to use it themselves.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

kjt005
Apprentice

Post by kjt005 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:53

thanks I have removed it hopefully it will not occur again

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Tue Sep 03, 2019 13:17

My problem isn't too loud adds. I had the impression that the TV volume was then taken up by my T2 and that you ended up with what you wanted by a mixture of TV & T2 volume controls. But this is no longer the case as my choice is to hear almost nothing or else get blasted out of the room.

I can even get a message on screen to change the volume of my headphones and I have none plugged in. If I did it could only come from the TV's output. Nevertheless I have tried changing the headphone volume in my TV a TCL. I have seen volume settings both in the T2's setup as well as in the Plugin's, although these appear to be identical.

Eventually I managed to watch a couple of recorded programs & the resulting volume from 2 programs recorded at different times on different services appear to appears to vary considerably. I'm wondering if each timer can have its own volume that is much higher or lower that another.

In any event is there any settings that could be recommended as a starting point for settings of Timers? I notice that the TV has a S/PDIF connection. Could this be used on the T2 & should it give better results. I should also mention that the TV has 4 HDMI outputs, all of which are being used.
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”