Recording from Favourites or Deleting Channels

Moderators: Gully, peteru

rrroonn
Apprentice

Recording from Favourites or Deleting Channels

Post by rrroonn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 13:05

Hi,

I have done a search and could not find a relevant answer, so hopefully someone wiser will read this?

I live in Wide Bay QLD area and there are a number of channels that have duplicate program lineups. I have added the channels that I want to watch to Favorites, and that works OK for EPG and channel surfing but it seems to have a problem when using AutoTimers.

When I set AutoTimers, these seem to (at times) create timers for channels that are not in Favorites. This means that when you are in the EPG, you can't see those recordings. This makes you think that something is not working right and create another recording and thus duplicate the recording.

Is there a way of only recording (via AutoTimers) from "Favorite" channels?
Alternatively, is there a way to delete the duplicate channels? I did find some guides but they were old and did not appear relevant to the T3.

Thanks for your assistance.

Ron

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Recording from Favourites or Deleting Channels

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Jun 24, 2016 13:19

rrroonn wrote:...
Is there a way of only recording (via AutoTimers) from "Favorite" channels?
Hi Ron,

Have a look at this post and the following posts in that thread

Cheers
Geoff

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Jun 24, 2016 13:20

rrroonn wrote: Is there a way of only recording (via AutoTimers) from "Favorite" channels?
Alternatively, is there a way to delete the duplicate channels? I did find some guides but they were old and did not appear relevant to the T3.
Firstly, you should definitely not delete any channels out of the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet. That would lead to problems.

But to answer the other question, you should be able to restrict your Autotimers to only search by a particular service. So if you limit the Autotimer search to the services that are in your Favourites bouquet, then you should be ok.

If the show you are after bounces between services, you can also add a filter option specifically for your Favourites bouquet too. (Note that the bouquet search filter adds a bouquet to the filter, it doesn't restrict ONLY to that bouquet).

Edit: Grumpy Geoff beat me to it. Check the link in his post for more detail.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

rrroonn
Apprentice

Post by rrroonn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 13:24

You guys are great, thanks VM.

Return to “FAQs, Tips & How to Guides”