YARDWiz strange behaviour

Discussions on Software, File Formats and Conversion.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

bhutch
Apprentice

YARDWiz strange behaviour

Post by bhutch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 16:12

I have been using YARDWiz on a Win 7 - 64 bit PC for several years to convert Beyonwiz recordings to .ts format. I am a heavy user. In the last couple of weeks the software has been misbehaving. The symptoms are (1) Error message pointing to the YARDWiz log file when file listing on the Beyonwiz commences; (2) Random connection errors and program hanging during the listing process and (3) file download operations may proceed to completion but the progress bar remains on 100% instead of returning to 0% and the only way to close the program is to use Task Manager to stop the process.

The log file contains many blocks of information as files are listed, but every block contains the error message -
"ERROR utilities.write: TypeError
ERROR utilities.write: :
ERROR utilities.write: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'float' and 'builtin_function_or_method'"

In order to diagnose the issues I have tried the following
1. Uninstall YARDWiz 0.4.2 including registry entries and install 0.4.5. The result was no change in process behaviour.
2. Install WizZilla. Operation was OK
3. Install YARDWiz 0.4.5 on another PC with similar spec on the same network. The program functions normally

Clearly the problem lies with the original PCb but what could it be?

Luke
Master

Re: YARDWiz strange behaviour

Post by Luke » Sat Mar 21, 2015 05:51

The error has been fixed in the latest version.

Return to “Content, Software and USB”