Yet Another Recording Downloader for the Wiz

Discussions on Software, File Formats and Conversion.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Luke
Master

Yet Another Recording Downloader for the Wiz

Post by Luke » Sun Mar 27, 2011 23:11

YARDWiz - Yet Another Recording Downloader for the Wiz

YARDWiz is a simple, cross platform, GUI front end for prl's getWizPnP prgram. It draws a lot of inspiration from the Two Wizards WizZilla software, though YARDWiz is simpler in functionality and design.

I wrote YARDWiz as I wanted a simple getWinPnP GUI purely for downloading recordings that ran on my Linux laptop.

YARDWiz is written in python and uses the wxPython toolkit.

YARDWiz can be downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/yardwiz

EDIT:A windows executable, built with py2exe, is now available. It still doesn't have an installer (one day...) but is self contained and doesn't require the installation of python, wxpython or getWizPnP. The getWizPnP.exe bundled with YARDWiz is the the precompiled version provided by alwayslooking.

I compiled a version myself using PAR, but it was twice the size (par included loads of extra modules for some reason).
Last edited by Luke on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 08:56

Nice one. At last a getWizPnP front end I can use :) I develop getWizPnP on a Mac.

I suggest you add an entry for it in the OpenWiz Software page.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Mon Mar 28, 2011 09:20

prl wrote:Nice one. At last a getWizPnP front end I can use :) I develop getWizPnP on a Mac.
Thanks. Let me know if it works on a Mac, I don't have access to one.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:15

A windows installer is now available which doesn't require the installation of python, wxpython or getWizPnP.

http://code.google.com/p/yardwiz

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 08:46

Sweet, windows one works nicely, shame it doesn't have a scan option for the Wiz though, you manually have to enter the ip address and port.
GetWizPNP supports it. Also having a delete option would be good (GetWizPNP offers that also, albeit a bit messy).
Tony

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Tue Mar 29, 2011 08:59

tonymy01 wrote:Sweet, windows one works nicely, shame it doesn't have a scan option for the Wiz though, you manually have to enter the ip address and port.
GetWizPNP supports it. Also having a delete option would be good (GetWizPNP offers that also, albeit a bit messy).
The scan is on the TODO list. I know GetWizPNP supports it, but it doesn't work in my internal network for some reason, probably either my router or the wireless bridge the Wiz is connected to. I've never bothered trying to sort it out as I only have one Wiz and it has a static IP. I shall go forth and search this forum to figure it out!

I'll add delete to the list.

EDIT: Figured out GetWizPnP --discover output from the source, so will look at adding that capability even though I can't actually 'discover' any Wizzes on my LAN. Must really sort that out one day.

j s
Master

Post by j s » Tue Mar 29, 2011 16:31

Most likely something (the Wireless AP maybe) is blocking the SSDP discovery broadcast packets. I once had a gigabit switch that did that - very annoying.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 16:40

I have had problems with getting SSDP to work on a PC over WLAN. Never had any such problems on wired Ethernet.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Tue Mar 29, 2011 20:24

I've got a little python test script running on my laptop (WLAN) listening on 239.255.255.250:1900 which is receiving the getwizpnp --discover packets (ssdp:discover etc...) from my PC, so they're getting past the router (and vice-versa when I run the script on my PC and getwizpnp on the lappy). I think the Wiz's wireless bridge must be the issue (although the python script is also receiving the ssdp:alive packets that the Wiz broadcasts every minute or so). I'll check the bridge and Wiz settings later, when it's not in use...

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 08:32

Congratulations, nice effort.

1. The black text on dark grey background showing "Wiz address:" and "Port:" isn't visible on one of my Windows PCs (ok on Win7, nok XP). Tried fiddling with display settings but couldn't fix it. Suggest something more contrasting like the white/black you have on Linux.

2. In the list of programs, I can sort by program name by clicking on the "Title" heading and if I type a letter, I expect it to jump to the first program starting with that letter. However it seems to jump to channel names instead of program names.

3. It's nice that programs with the same name are save with the date appended to the file name to distinguish them however in the download queue they are all shown with the same name i.e. without the date.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Wed Mar 30, 2011 09:02

Thanks for trying it :)

1. I don't set actual colours, I just tell the app to use colours the OS defines for certain features. For those labels I used wx.SYS_COLOUR_CAPTIONTEXT. Likely I've chosen the wrong one as I'm not sure exactly what that maps to in the Windows appearance settings... I will try something else and test with a few different themes/appearance tweaks.

2. I haven't written any code to jump to list entries, must be written into the list control and defaulting to the first column. I'll look into it, though I want to get the Wiz "discover" functionality working first.

3. Will do.

j s
Master

Post by j s » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:55

I had an issue with Norton declaring getwizpnp.exe in the Yardwiz folder to be a security risk, despite the fact that it was quite OK with the copy used by Wizilla. Eventually convinced Norton to not keep removing the exe file. :)

I am curious though what the exe was doing that Norton found suspicious. Norton Sonar gives the following reason (which unfortunately means nothing to me)...
System Settings Actions (performed by getwizpnp.exe)
Suspicious Actions
Code/Thread-injection Shield (performed by getwizpnp.exe)
A very useful addition to the Wiz toolbox, especially as Wizilla now seems to be stagnant.

A delete option is what I would most like to see added next.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Wed Mar 30, 2011 13:07

j s,

Are you using the YARDWiz-0.1.1-win32 version (contains executable, but no installer)?
I just had a look, and I included, by mistake, a version of getwizpnp that I compiled myself which seems to include a lot of stuff (extra perl modules) that the version that can be downloaded from http://www.openwiz.org/wiki/GetWizPnP_Release does not.

If so, I recommend either downloading getwizpnp.exe from the above link, or downloading and using the latest YARDWiz-0.1.2-win32setup version - http://code.google.com/p/yardwiz/downlo ... 2setup.zip

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34

New release: 0.2.0
  • Added Wiz device discovery
  • Added ability to delete recordings on the Wiz
  • Fixed setup.py for installing from source
  • Worked around issue with program list where typing jumps to matching value in channel column rather than title column, by moving title to first column
  • Modified application colours

Note: this is still very Beta and hasn't been exhaustively tested. I'm happy to make changes and fix bugs, let me know via this thread or file an issue on the gcode website.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:58

On windows work laptop (XP SP3) it is having a prob (not launching):

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "yardwiz", line 23, in <module>
  File "wx\__init__.pyc", line 45, in <module>
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 125, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PROCESS_ENTER'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "yardwiz", line 23, in <module>
  File "wx\__init__.pyc", line 45, in <module>
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 125, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PROCESS_ENTER'
Tony

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11

Doh! Sorry, accidentally built that with wxPython 2.9 which is a development release that I've been testing with.

I've reuploaded the installer (built with the stable release of wxPython - 2.8 )

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:31

Yep, works fine now, and the discovery works, thanks for that. So I gather if you don't have anything in the top "Wiz server" box, it uses a discovery, this triggers the datafill of that box when you hit the refresh, then the next refresh when it is filled triggers the wiz connect?

And good one with the delete addition, I am expecting I will use this quite a bit while I am away soon for a number of weeks!
Tony

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:40

Yep, that's how it works. I haven't gotten around to building a help page yet, but most controls have tooltips. The tooltip for the "Wiz server:" box is:
Enter your Beyonwiz device in one of the following formats:

- IP:port (e.g. 192.168.0.5:5678)
- IP (port will default to 49152)
- device name (e.g. LoungeWiz)

If you leave this field blank and click the Connect button, YARDWiz will try to discover your Beyonwiz.
I'll put something in to say - click the connect button again to connect and list programs etc...

Pressing [Enter] works as well.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 16:03

It's not my day...

Vers 0.2.1 fixes a stupid bug (and highlights a lack of testing) that resulted from an accidental drag and drop operation in the wysiwyg tool (wxFormbuilder) that I use to build the GUI. I moved the Info control onto the Queue tab by mistake.

New version - http://code.google.com/p/yardwiz/downloads/list?q=0.2.1

Edit... It's really not my day... I've uploaded a version built with wxPython 2.9 as the 2.8 version wouldn't run on my Win 7. I'll investigate, but if one doesn't work for you, try the other. Sorry!

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Fri Apr 01, 2011 16:46

YARDWiz-0.2.1-win32setup_wx2.9.zip

Tried to discover Wizzes but it didn't work for me. Once the discovery fails, I can't enter anything into the IP address box. I have to close and restart then I can enter an IP address.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 17:22

I've tried to fix that (it's listed in Known Issues in the readme). Got me beat for the moment, but I'll keep looking.

jillybean
Apprentice

Post by jillybean » Fri Apr 01, 2011 17:31

I may be missing something - but files that are within folders do not show up for me. I have a "Movies" folder inside my "Recordings" folder, but neither the folder nor the numerous movies in that folder appear.

Jill

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 17:40

No you're not missing anything. I had no idea you could have subfolders... :) I'll look into it.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 17:41

jillybean wrote:I may be missing something - but files that are within folders do not show up for me. I have a "Movies" folder inside my "Recordings" folder, but neither the folder nor the numerous movies in that folder appear.

Jill
Luke - quick & dirty fix - add --all as an option when you run getWizPnP. That will show all the recordings, but the hierarchy will be flattened.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 18:36

prl wrote:Luke - quick & dirty fix - add --all as an option when you run getWizPnP. That will show all the recordings, but the hierarchy will be flattened.
In the meantime, before I get a new version out, would enabling $recursive = 1 in getwizpnp.conf / .getwizpnp do the trick for any users who have subfolders?

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Fri Apr 01, 2011 19:05

YARDWiz-0.2.1-win32setup_wx2.9.zip
The black on grey font colour is now legible with the theme I have on WinXP :)
The delete option doesn't seem to delete?
Went to the Wiz Recordings file and the file was still there and playable.
Re-index and it was still there.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 20:40

Thanks glow, if you were using IP:port or just IP address to connect, I've found the bug. Will be fixed in the next release.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 21:34

Luke wrote:
prl wrote:Luke - quick & dirty fix - add --all as an option when you run getWizPnP. That will show all the recordings, but the hierarchy will be flattened.
In the meantime, before I get a new version out, would enabling $recursive = 1 in getwizpnp.conf / .getwizpnp do the trick for any users who have subfolders?
Yes.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Sat Apr 02, 2011 14:02

0.2.2 released, including more testing done ;) Though I haven't got access to WinXP at home to test on...

I think I've resolved all the issues raised yesterday. Let me know if you have any bugs or requests.

http://code.google.com/p/yardwiz/

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 08, 2011 22:24

I've uploaded a version of the latest release (0.2.2) which addresses the "The application has failed to start..." issue that occurs on Windows PC's that do not have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) installed.

Version 0.2.2a can be downloaded here

If v0.2.2 (Windows installer) is working for you, there is no need to download this version.

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Fri Apr 08, 2011 23:42

Thanks Luke. I've been using Yardwiz every evening all week and I'm pretty happy.
It seems more stable than WizFX and WizZilla on my PC. The others would often hang and require a kick from the Task Manager but Yardwiz has stayed up all week.

One thing in common with all three programs is that it can take quite a while to list each program - of the order of a second per program? I'd like to be able to download as soon as the index file has been read. I rarely use the episode information. I've only got a half full 200GB Wiz, I'd hate to have to wait for a half full 2TB Wiz to list.

When I see how quickly the index.txt file can be read with a web browser, I was toying with the idea of using or writing a Firefox plugin or bookmarklet which if I selected the name or partial name of the file would call getwizpnp with the correct arguments to download it to my default directory.

Any chance of speeding up the program list by perhaps optionally skipping some details?

Other ideas
- Optionally play a sound to let me know the download has finished.
- post processing command option so I could automatically run my ProjectX and Avidemux on each file after it downloads.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Sat Apr 09, 2011 08:18

On my PC/laptop, yardwiz is a fair bit quicker at listing the recordings than wizzilla. I don't know for sure, but I think wizzilla is getting the episode info before displaying each program, whereas yardwiz just gets the recording list, displays each program, and then asynchronously updates the episode info. Note: wizzilla caches the recording list, so it will be quicker than yardwiz when the recording matches its cache. Essentially, yardwiz will display the recording list as quickly as getwizpnp can print out the recording title and index name (command line is 'getwizpnp --list --index'). Additionally, yardwiz allows you to download and program while still listing the rest of the recordings but the wizzilla gui is unresponsive while it is listing.

I've thought about parsing the wiz's index.txt file to display recordings faster, but after implementing the delete function, this is a little more difficult as the index gets out of sync with the recordings after a delete until the wiz is re-indexed (see the BUGS section in the getwizpnp documentation). I'll put this on the to do list, but it will be pretty low priority as I'd prefer yardwiz to remain a simple front end to getwizpnp rather than try to replicate any of its functionality. Perhaps you might wish to lobby prl to speed up getwizpnp's initial listing of recordings?

- Optionally play a sound to let me know the download has finished.
Will do.
- post processing command option so I could automatically run my ProjectX and Avidemux on each file after it downloads.
Will do, though it will be something simple like "somecommand %f" where %f is replaced by the downloaded filepath so you could use a batch/shell script for more complex processing.

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Sat Apr 09, 2011 09:24

Running a batchfile passing %f was what I had in mind so that's ok.
Would it be possible to add to the download queue while other downloads are running?

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:12

Hi Luke,
Luke wrote:I've thought about parsing the wiz's index.txt file to display recordings faster, but after implementing the delete function, this is a little more difficult as the index gets out of sync with the recordings after a delete until the wiz is re-indexed (see the BUGS section in the getwizpnp documentation). I'll put this on the to do list, but it will be pretty low priority as I'd prefer yardwiz to remain a simple front end to getwizpnp rather than try to replicate any of its functionality. Perhaps you might wish to lobby prl to speed up getwizpnp's initial listing of recordings?
Perhaps you can work with Peter to create a new GetWizPnP command that offers 2 levels of index.txt parsing. The current command runs as it does now and provides full parsing. A new command can be created that gives fast and basic parsing of the index.txt that your program can use to create a "Fast List" option that Glow is after.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:02

IanSav wrote:Hi Luke,
Perhaps you can work with Peter to create a new GetWizPnP command that offers 2 levels of index.txt parsing. The current command runs as it does now and provides full parsing. A new command can be created that gives fast and basic parsing of the index.txt that your program can use to create a "Fast List" option that Glow is after.

Regards,
Ian.
getWizPnP already parses almost all it can out of index.txt (the exception is the program start time, whose format I didn't work out for some time). There's really not much in there, and it's not in a form that's really suitable for listing display. Full program title and episode name, and synopsis and the other information displayed under --verbose has to be extracted from the header.tvwiz file for each recording. getWizPnP is careful to only read as much of the header.tvwiz file as is necessary for the level of verbosity being asked for (e.g. if the synopsis isn't being displayed, it isn't read). header.tvwiz is 256kB, but the amount needed to be read for --verbose is much less.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:24

Luke wrote:...
I've thought about parsing the wiz's index.txt file to display recordings faster, but after implementing the delete function, this is a little more difficult as the index gets out of sync with the recordings after a delete until the wiz is re-indexed (see the BUGS section in the getwizpnp documentation). ...
getWizPnP uses the absence of the header.tvwiz to eliminate deleted recordings from its processing, but this implies at least testing for the presence of the header.tvwiz file.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Sat Apr 09, 2011 14:34

prl wrote: getWizPnP already parses almost all it can out of index.txt (the exception is the program start time, whose format I didn't work out for some time). There's really not much in there, and it's not in a form that's really suitable for listing display
I'd settle for the following info from index.txt for a quick display
Program Title, Date, Time
The rest could be asynchronously updated

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Sat Apr 09, 2011 15:51

I'd like to see the option of having the date format in the file name as yyyymmdd so that files are automatically sorted in chronological order.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 16:10

glow wrote:I'd like to see the option of having the date format in the file name as yyyymmdd so that files are automatically sorted in chronological order.
Are you referring to the quick format listing being proposed? If so, that's a bit of a blunt instrument for the purpose. What's wrong with --sort=ta (sort output by time and date ascending)? Several other sort options are available. Just seen an error in the doco for that option, though. :)

My suggestion would be to have all reported dates (and not just dates in the copied recording name as it is now) in the format specified by --dateFormat. That option allows the use of any POSIX date format %x translations, and a number of "canned" formats including isoLike (2009-02-20 20:30) and iso (20090220T2030).

Note that in general it will not be possible to exactly replicate the program title in the header.tvwiz file from the data in index.tvwiz, because '_' is used to replace any non-DOS filename characters in the recording name. This happens most commonly, but not exclusively, for ':'.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Sat Apr 09, 2011 16:37

prl wrote:
glow wrote:I'd like to see the option of having the date format in the file name as yyyymmdd so that files are automatically sorted in chronological order.
Are you referring to the quick format listing being proposed?
Sorry should have been clearer. I was referring to the the suggested file name to save to that Yardwiz uses e.g. "RocKwiz 02-04-2011.ts"
If I download several episodes of the same show it would be easier to watch them in order if the filename was "RocKwiz 2011-04-02.ts"

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 18:13

glow wrote:
prl wrote:
Are you referring to the quick format listing being proposed?
Sorry should have been clearer. I was referring to the the suggested file name to save to that Yardwiz uses e.g. "RocKwiz 02-04-2011.ts"
If I download several episodes of the same show it would be easier to watch them in order if the filename was "RocKwiz 2011-04-02.ts"
That capability is already in getWizPnP (through --dateFormat as I mentioned earlier). Your exact request is not available as a short form (--dateFormat=isoLike is the closest, but that adds time, too). To get exactly what you've described, you need:
--date --dateFormat="%Y-%m-%d"

--date and --dateFormat can be set to whatever default you prefer in .getwizpnp/getwizpnp.conf (Unix-like systems/Windows). See the manual for where the config file goes.

The naming of recordings in getWizPnP is really pretty flexible, though WizZilla and Yardwiz may not give you full access to that flexibility.

See the getWizPnP manual under the entries for the --nameFormat, --dateFormat, --episode, --date and --dateLast (just fixed an error in the --date documentation, too).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Sat Apr 09, 2011 18:26

glow wrote:Would it be possible to add to the download queue while other downloads are running?
That would require fairly significant changes, so I'll say no, not at the moment. If I do a rewrite in the future, I'll look into it. You can always fire up another instance of yardwiz ;)
The date display format (what's shown in the programs list) can be modified via the config file, so I'll add a filename date format in as well. The date format string is as per the python date/time format codes listed at http://docs.python.org/library/time.html#time.strftime

The next version has a config editor built in, but in the meantime, if you want to play with date formats (just for the program list currently) the config file can be found (on Windows) in %APPDATA%\yardwiz\config.ini

I haven't considered using getwizpnp's output formatting, but may look into it in down the track.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Sat Apr 09, 2011 18:47

prl wrote:getWizPnP uses the absence of the header.tvwiz to eliminate deleted recordings from its processing, but this implies at least testing for the presence of the header.tvwiz file.
Sorry glow, I don't really want to get into that, which I would have to to handle deleted files.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 12, 2011 22:48

glow wrote:
prl wrote: getWizPnP already parses almost all it can out of index.txt (the exception is the program start time, whose format I didn't work out for some time). There's really not much in there, and it's not in a form that's really suitable for listing display
I'd settle for the following info from index.txt for a quick display
Program Title, Date, Time
The rest could be asynchronously updated
I've just realised that getWizPnp's --List option more-or-less does this function already. It simply prints the left-hand part of the index.txt file, which contains the recording folder, title (but not episode) and the recording start time, like this:

Code: Select all

./getWizPnP.pl --device=Xerxes --List
recordings/60 Minute Makeover Apr.3.2011_22.45
recordings/60 Minute Makeover Apr.8.2011_21.45
recordings/60 Minute Makeover Apr.10.2011_21.45
recordings/Animal Monster Moves Apr.9.2011_19.28
recordings/Around The World In 80 Gardens Feb.11.2011_10.58
recordings/Around The World In 80 Gardens Feb.18.2011_10.58
recordings/Around The World In 80 Gardens Feb.25.2011_10.58
recordings/The Kingdom_ Behind The Scenes Apr.8.2011_19.58
This displays in about 1.6 sec for my BW's current contents vs a normal --list, which takes about 24 sec (and a bit longer with --verbose).

The last line shows how non-DOS file name characters get munged in the titles. However, most of them can be fixed for display by the simple substitution of ": " for each occurrence of "_ " ($title =~ s/_ /: /g in perl-speak). It's also relatively easy to extract the folder from the title string.

Luke, do you think that this would be usable to get the initial listing displayed more quickly in yardwiz? I can give you a perl RE that can parse the line into its components. You can get a line in a --list command that contains the same string as --List by adding --index to the --list command. That would allow you to do an initial --List to get just title and date, and then lazily fill the rest of the data using a --list --index with the listed Index name allowing you to match the verbose data with the data from the first scan. This would be quicker than using individual --list --BWName commands to fill in the details.

--BWName can also be used to speed up name matching for copy operations.

--BWName was added to make this sort of stuff faster for WizZilla, but there's no reason yardwiz shouldn't use it, too.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Wed Apr 13, 2011 08:20

Ahhh... I didn't see the different list/List options. I've been using --list, but --List is much quicker. Yes, I can definitely use that. I already use --BWName. Does the --List option show deleted files?

I've just released 0.2.3 so it will hopefully be in the next version.

0.2.3 Features
  • Added About and Preferences dialogs
  • Added option to specify a command to be run after a download is complete
  • Added option to play a sound after a download is complete

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 13, 2011 09:23

Luke wrote:Ahhh... I didn't see the different list/List options. I've been using --list, but --List is much quicker. Yes, I can definitely use that. I already use --BWName. Does the --List option show deleted files?
Yes, --List only examines to the index.txt file, which will contain files that have either been deleted remotely by getWizPnp (I think it's the only actual WizPnP client with this capability), or which have been deleted by the Beyonwiz file player, but where the deletion has not yet propagated to index.txt (this can take a minute or so to happen, enough time for me to walk from the lounge to the study and run getWizPnP).

The only way to check for deletion is to probe the Beyonwiz for the recording header file, which would slow the process down considerably (since the plain --list option does little more - it only reads about 2kB from each header file).

I think the only way to deal with this and retain the initial fast fill of the recording list is to remove any entries created in the first 'fill' pass that don't have a corresponding entry in the during the second pass that fills in the details. The second pass skips recordings that are in index.txt, but which are not actually present on the Beyonwiz. "Not present" == "recording header object can't be constructed", which is equivalent to the header.tvwiz/header.radwiz file not being present for recordings, but it's a bit messier for media files :)

That implies using a GUI scrollable list widget that supports either removal or suppression of items in the list.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Wed Apr 13, 2011 09:58

prl wrote:That implies using a GUI scrollable list widget that supports either removal or suppression of items in the list.
That's not a problem, I already have the code to do that.

I think I will implement fast display as a (non-default) configurable option with the caveat that deleted files will be shown.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:05

Luke wrote:...
I think I will implement fast display as a (non-default) configurable option with the caveat that deleted files will be shown.
Sounds like a good way to go. It should make glow happy :D
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:45

I'm already very happy that Luke has taken on board most of my suggestions.
WizFX and and WizZilla haven't had a look in since I've been playing with Yardwiz.
If the file display can come up as quickly as the index file I think everyone will be happy.

I used the Windows installer over the top of the existing installation but the default sound didn't seem to get installed

Return to “Content, Software and USB”