getWizPnP - Beyonwiz recording downloader

Discussions on Software, File Formats and Conversion.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 05, 2014 18:14

prl wrote:Thanks, Luke.

I'll go ahead and make a beta with the Perl I got from you.
I got getWizPnP to compile with your Perl, but when I run it, I get:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\prl\Downloads\getWizPnP\Compiled\Windows\getWizPnP>.\getWizPnP --discover
The locale codeset (cp1252) isn't one that perl can decode, stopped at Encode/Locale.pm line 94.
Compilation failed in require at LWP/UserAgent.pm line 1000.
Compilation failed in require at Beyonwiz/WizPnP.pm line 274.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Beyonwiz/WizPnP.pm line 274.
Compilation failed in require at script/getWizPnP.pl line 1511.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/getWizPnP.pl line 1511.

C:\Users\prl\Downloads\getWizPnP\Compiled\Windows\getWizPnP>
The same command runs just fine if I use the source version of getWizPnP.

I'll have a go at compiling it with 64-bit Perl. :roll:
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 06, 2014 20:17

prl wrote:I got getWizPnP to compile with your Perl, but when I run it, I get:

C:\Users\prl\Downloads\getWizPnP\Compiled\Windows\getWizPnP>.\getWizPnP --discover
The locale codeset (cp1252) isn't one that perl can decode, stopped at Encode/Locale.pm line 94.
Compilation failed in require at LWP/UserAgent.pm line 1000.
Compilation failed in require at Beyonwiz/WizPnP.pm line 274.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Beyonwiz/WizPnP.pm line 274.
Compilation failed in require at script/getWizPnP.pl line 1511.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/getWizPnP.pl line 1511.

C:\Users\prl\Downloads\getWizPnP\Compiled\Windows\getWizPnP>
The same command runs just fine if I use the source version of getWizPnP.
pp -c getWizPnP.pl -o getWizPnP.exe should work (the -c option tells pp to run 'perl -c inputfile' to determine additional run-time dependencies.).

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 06, 2014 20:19

prl wrote:I've been trying to reproduce how you built PAR::Packer, and I'm having trouble with installing MinGW with gcc 4.6.2.

I installed a fresh copy of AS Perl, and then ran

mingw-get install gcc=4.6.2-1
That installed a bunch of stuff, and then I added C:\MinGW\bin to my PATH ahead of the Perl directories.

Then I ran

cpan install Win32::Exe
which complained that I didn't have MinGW or dmake installed, and proceeded to install them using PPM.

It then started a build of Win32::Exe, but died when it tried to run gcc out of my hand-installed MinGW (with gcc 4.6.2), with a popup error saying it couldn't find libmpc-2.dll, which was right, because the only mpc2 DLL in C:\MinGW\bin was libmpc-3.dll. I wasn't able to get it to install a different libmpc DLL.

What am I doing wrong here?
Got it working. No need for manual MingW install...

I used the following steps to get PAR::Packer installed on a fresh AS Perl 5.16:

ppm install XML-DOM
ppm install IO-Socket-Multicast
ppm install DateTime-Format-Natural
ppm install Win32-Exe
cpan install PAR::Packer
pp -c getWizPnP.pl -o getWizPnP.exe

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 26, 2014 17:07

Luke wrote:...
I used the following steps to get PAR::Packer installed on a fresh AS Perl 5.16:

ppm install XML-DOM
ppm install IO-Socket-Multicast
ppm install DateTime-Format-Natural
ppm install Win32-Exe
cpan install PAR::Packer
pp -c getWizPnP.pl -o getWizPnP.exe
Thanks, Luke, that worked for me.

If you want to compile getWizPnP and have the result run properly, I recommend using

pp --module="Beyonwiz::PPModules" \ -o "Compiled/Darwin/getWizPnP/getWizPnP" getWizPnP.pl
rather (or as well as) -c. -c doesn't find all the modules that getWizPnP needs.

The --module method is rather fragile, though, and that fragility was the cause of the problem I described earlier. Before I do an official release, though, I'll try combining -c and the --module method to try to reduce the number of dependencies that need to be maintained in Beyonwiz::PPModules.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 26, 2014 17:26

Version 0.5.5 beta1 limited release

A new limited release beta version of getWizPnP is available. Only these canned versions are available:Changes from the last full release (0.5.4) are:
  • Improved error handling when an incomplete header.tvwiz or header.radwiz is loaded.
Bugs fixed in 0.5.5beta1:
  • Fixed bug that caused infinite recursion in some Beyonwiz::Recording::Header accessor functions are called with an argument to set the member, and an incomplete header.tvwiz or header.radwiz was loaded.
  • Fixed bug that caused the printout of the trunc file to fail with a fatal internal Perl error when an incomplete header.tvwiz or header.radwiz was loaded.
  • Removed some unused imports of LWP::Simple into some modules.
  • Added more dependencies for dynamically loaded modules to Beyonwiz::PPModules.
  • Aligned --debug=stat output with other --debug output.
Known bugs in 0.5.4 beta3:
  • On Windows 7, sometimes getWizPnP fails to discover Beyonwiz servers on the network. The reason is not clear, but it can sometimes be worked around by specifying a larger timeout. Try --wizpnpTimeout=2.
  • getWizPnp sometimes fails part-way through a recording copy with a HTTP 400 - Bad Request error. WizFX also seems to have similar problems on Windows 7. The cause of the problem is not clear, but it may be something common to both getWizPnP and WizFX.
  • The changes to the file indexing from 01.05.283 mean that if you delete a recording on the Beyonwiz (--delete/--move), it will remain in the internal index (i.e. visible in the file player, and visible in WizFX) until you start a recording index rebuild using FILEPLAYER, SOUNDTRACK on the remote, or a HDD check is done. This can only be fixed in the Beyonwiz firmware.
  • In free-to-air EPGs, the information used by getWizPnP for the episode name is sometimes actually the program synopsis. This is in the broadcast data and so is not strictly a getWizPnP bug.
  • Only Australian time zones are available for use by --before and --since.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

brob2684

Re: getWizPnP - Beyonwiz recording downloader

Post by brob2684 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 21:17

Hi,

I know it's been a while but both Ubuntu One and openwiz.org are both no longer active download sources for getWizPnP.

Does anyone happen to know where the latest version of getWizPnP can be downloaded from?

Thanks
brob

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Sat Aug 16, 2014 06:48

YARDWiz contains compiled versions of the latest getWizPnP - https://bintray.com/lukepinnerau/generic/YARDWiz.

brob2684

Post by brob2684 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 14:30

Thanks Luke - I'll give that a try.

Luke
Master

Post by Luke » Sat Aug 16, 2014 17:48

If you're using Windows and just want getWizPnP.exe not the YARDWiz GUI program, the setup.exe in the YARDWiz download doesn't need to be run/installed, it can just be opened with a zip file program (7zip works, I've not tried WinZip) and getWizPnP.exe extracted. If using OSX , the DMG can just be mounted and you can extract the getWizPnP binary from the YARDWiz.app folder. If using Linux, I assume you know what to do with a .tar.gz archive :wink:

Return to “Content, Software and USB”