WizZilla has arrived

Discussions on Software, File Formats and Conversion.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

TwoWizards
On probation

WizZilla has arrived

Post by TwoWizards » Sat Dec 27, 2008 13:59

WizZilla - 1.1.0.60

Easily manage Beyonwiz PVR recordings remotely from a networked Windows PC

WizZilla is a graphical user interface that uses the getWizPnP command-line Perl utility, written by prl, to communicate with Beyonwiz PVRs.

prl's getWizPnP can do much more than we have enabled in WizZilla, but as the command-line isn't for everyone and many Windows users do not have perl installed, we tried to make it easy for anyone with Windows to make use of getWizPnP by developing WizZilla with an easy to use graphical interface.

WizZilla provides the ability to queue downloads, resume stopped downloads, delete recordings remotely when they've downloaded and view episode information. WizZilla will soon do much more than a command-line interface can provide. A future update will provide the ability to schedule recordings for transfer and/or deletion. And another update will allow previewing part of a recording to help you decide whether to download or delete the recording.

With WizZilla you can easily:
  • - View episode information of all recordings.
    - View duration of all recordings.
    - View the size of all recordings.
    - Delete selected recordings. Deleting Beyonwiz recordings from a PC is an undocumented WizPnP feature - Use at your own risk.
    - Move selected recordings from PVR to PC.
    - Download single or multiple recordings in either .tvwiz or .ts format.
    - Queue recordings to download to different folders, in .tvwiz or .ts format.
    - Convert recordings to mpeg2-ps format - for 100% compatability. (coming soon)
    - Schedule all of the above. (coming soon)
    - Preview part of a recording before downloading. (coming soon)
We hope you enjoy using WizZilla as much as we have enjoyed writing it

System Requirements:
  • To use WizZilla you will need:
    - Beyonwiz PVR that is networked and has the WizPNP server enabled.
    - Windows 2000, XP or Vista PC that is on the same network as the Beyonwiz PVR.
    - The IP Address of your Beyonwiz PVR.
    - The Port that the WizPNP server is set to use (if it is not default).
WizZilla has been tested on the following operating systems:
  • WIndows 2000
    Windows XP
    Windows Vista (note: getwizpnp will only run as an administrator on Vista, we're working to resolve this)
About the Two Wizards:
Two Wizards consists of Alwayslooking (aka Matt) and Dave?. We've worked on various projects separately, but decided to combine our efforts for WizZilla... after all Two Wizards are better than one!

Thanks to prl for all his hard work on getWizPnP, the inspiration for WizZilla

Contacting Us:
You can contact us via this Beyonwiz Forum:
If you have an user account on the forum, log in, otherwise create an account.
Then post your question in this WizZilla topic.
If you're shy, use the forum's Private Messages to send a message to alwayslooking or Dave?

For any questions about getwizpnp, you can contact prl (the author) via the Software Developers section on the forum.

Licensing:
WizZilla is open source, GPL version 3, and it uses PRL's Perl based getWizPnP to communicate with the Beyonwiz PVR. The open source getWizPnP is based on the WizFX source code and protocol provided by Beyonwiz Korea.

The source code for WizZilla is available on request.
The source code for prl's getWizPnP is available here

Download WizZilla here

cheers

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Dec 27, 2008 14:10

Looks impressive - grabbing it now for a play.

So with this install does you get getWizPnP installed in a way that you can use it from the command line?
Cheers
Gully

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Sat Dec 27, 2008 14:12

Gully wrote:Looks impressive - grabbing it now for a play.

So with this install does you get getWizPnP installed in a way that you can use it from the command line?
Yep. We've compiled prl's awesome getWizPnp perl script into a single exe.

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Dec 27, 2008 14:24

Thanks, Matt.
Cheers
Gully

dg
Master

Post by dg » Sat Dec 27, 2008 14:25

Dear Wizards,

This is great.
Thanks for your Effort,

Merry XMAS!
DG
DP-P2, 1.05.350, 100MB, HDMI-1080i, Hitachi 42PD7800TA, OpticalAudio, Sony STRDG700S, HarmonyOne
DP-S1, 1.05.350, 100MB, HDMI- 720p, LG 32LX2D, HarmonyOne
IceTV, WPN824v2, LACIE d2 Network 1TB NAS

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Sat Dec 27, 2008 14:36

Very cool guys

Is downloading a few recordings while I type this.

TS file seems to work fine TVWiz does nothing after you select a folder.
Craig
T4 + Kodi + Foxtel IQ2 > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Panasonic Plasma
T2 + Kodi Player > Pioneer Plasma
5 x Kodi + Enigma Plugin > LCD TV's
Retired - S1, P1, P1, FLV1, H1, H1
Foxtel IQ3 > Digi-MOD RL-DM1102 - SD DTV RF Modulator > All TV's
Remotes - Pronto TSU9400's + TSU7500's

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sat Dec 27, 2008 14:47

craigh wrote:Very cool guys

Is downloading a few recordings while I type this.

TS file seems to work fine TVWiz does nothing after you select a folder.
Yep, Matt hasn't noticed yet... but I broke the tvwiz downloads a few weeks ago. :roll:

Plenty to do and not enough time to it all. I'll fix it in the next few days.
Last edited by DaveR on Thu Jan 08, 2009 21:26, edited 2 times in total.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Sat Dec 27, 2008 14:52

Dave? wrote: Yep, Matt hasn't noticed yet... but I broke the tvwiz downloads a few weeks ago. :roll:
He noticed during the testing phase :oops:, but didn't mention it because he prefers the .ts format anyway :wink:

prl
Wizard God

Re: WizZilla has arrived

Post by prl » Sat Dec 27, 2008 15:54

TwoWizards wrote:... The open source getWizPnP is based on the WizFX source code
No. I have read parts of the WizFX source code to clarify some unclear parts of the WizPnP protocol document, but getWizPnP is not based on wthe WizFX source code.
TwoWizards wrote:and protocol provided by Beyonwiz Korea.
Yes.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Sat Dec 27, 2008 16:11

prl wrote:
TwoWizards wrote:... The open source getWizPnP is based on the WizFX source code
No. I have read parts of the WizFX source code to clarify some unclear parts of the WizPnP protocol document, but getWizPnP is not based on wthe WizFX source code.
TwoWizards wrote:and protocol provided by Beyonwiz Korea.
Yes.
Thanks for the clarification, we will amend that information in the next release.

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Sat Dec 27, 2008 17:50

Great work, guys - are you going to "sticky" this so we can always locate it?
Cheers,
Brian

1) 2 x T4, Samsung UA46C7000/Yamaha RX-V6A
2) Spare DP-P2s/ Samsung UA46C6900/Sony STR-DE497/RX-V540
Harmony 650 + all the spare remotes.....

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sat Dec 27, 2008 17:59

Excellent! One observation is the file info only reveals the station and basic name rank and serial number. No program comments like in the post. This is the same for all 47 files on my hard disk - some have been top n tailed but a few are as is. Haven't transferred anything yet.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Dec 27, 2008 18:05

netmask wrote:Excellent! One observation is the file info only reveals the station and basic name rank and serial number. No program comments like in the post. This is the same for all 47 files on my hard disk - some have been top n tailed but a few are as is. Haven't transferred anything yet.
Looks like you have to right click and choose episode info on each, which is a shame.

I seem to have another bug - with only 2 recordings it is easy to spot as WizZilla only lists 1!

Also is it meant to list the contents folder contents?

EDIT: Should have said the connection log window lists both files.
Cheers
Gully

jpp
Guru

Post by jpp » Sat Dec 27, 2008 18:15

Great work guys :) :) ! Just downloaded it and had an initial play with it. Love the professional look and feel of it :lol: .
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Iscan Duo Video Processor. Yamaha YSP-3300 Digital Sound Projector , Popcorn A500, Oppo DV-980H, Sony TV, Harmony 650 Remote

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sat Dec 27, 2008 19:54

Gully wrote:
netmask wrote:Excellent! One observation is the file info only reveals the station and basic name rank and serial number. No program comments like in the post. This is the same for all 47 files on my hard disk - some have been top n tailed but a few are as is. Haven't transferred anything yet.
Looks like you have to right click and choose episode info on each, which is a shame.
Next version, in a few days, will automaticallly grab all the episode data for each file so when you click on a file it'll showup instantly.
Gully wrote:I seem to have another bug - with only 2 recordings it is easy to spot as WizZilla only lists 1!

EDIT: Should have said the connection log window lists both files.
Thanks. It's not something we've noticed before due to the large amount of files on our wizes (I have ~140 on mine).
Gully wrote:Also is it meant to list the contents folder contents?
Not yet. Soon.
cheers
DaveR

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Sat Dec 27, 2008 20:11

When you start a file transfer other activity like looking at a file detail etc seems to stop the progress bar and transfer info from updating any more

The file keeps transferring though.
Craig
T4 + Kodi + Foxtel IQ2 > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Panasonic Plasma
T2 + Kodi Player > Pioneer Plasma
5 x Kodi + Enigma Plugin > LCD TV's
Retired - S1, P1, P1, FLV1, H1, H1
Foxtel IQ3 > Digi-MOD RL-DM1102 - SD DTV RF Modulator > All TV's
Remotes - Pronto TSU9400's + TSU7500's

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Sat Dec 27, 2008 23:48

Gully wrote: I seem to have another bug - with only 2 recordings it is easy to spot as WizZilla only lists 1!
Would you mind posting the file names and outline the one that was skipped?
I'm interested to see if there are any specific characters in the name.
I did notice with some early versions we tested that it would miss certain files, but I though that had been addressed.
craigh wrote:When you start a file transfer other activity like looking at a file detail etc seems to stop the progress bar and transfer info from updating any more

The file keeps transferring though.
Until you exit, and it will stop.

We have plans in the next version to change the way the progress bar is updated which may allow you to re-download the list while a download is in progress.As Dave mentioned the episode info will also be grabbed with the file list population, so it wont be an interruption to the download either.

dg
Master

Post by dg » Sun Dec 28, 2008 00:24

Gully wrote: I seem to have another bug - with only 2 recordings it is easy to spot as WizZilla only lists 1! .
A work around for this is to create a 1 mintute file named "zzz".

Wizzilla then lists all files bar zzz.

DG
DP-P2, 1.05.350, 100MB, HDMI-1080i, Hitachi 42PD7800TA, OpticalAudio, Sony STRDG700S, HarmonyOne
DP-S1, 1.05.350, 100MB, HDMI- 720p, LG 32LX2D, HarmonyOne
IceTV, WPN824v2, LACIE d2 Network 1TB NAS

Gully

Post by Gully » Sun Dec 28, 2008 01:10

dg wrote:
Gully wrote: I seem to have another bug - with only 2 recordings it is easy to spot as WizZilla only lists 1! .
A work around for this is to create a 1 mintute file named "zzz".

Wizzilla then lists all files bar zzz.

DG
Hi DG

I'm sure it would do the trick but I only posted for feedback to Matt and Dave and it's not an issue for me.
Cheers
Gully

Gully

Post by Gully » Sun Dec 28, 2008 01:19

alwayslooking wrote:
Gully wrote: I seem to have another bug - with only 2 recordings it is easy to spot as WizZilla only lists 1!
Would you mind posting the file names and outline the one that was skipped?
I'm interested to see if there are any specific characters in the name.
I did notice with some early versions we tested that it would miss certain files, but I though that had been addressed.
Happy to Matt. A couple of new recordings since but still one missing

If characters are the issue, the fact it has a colon, replaced in the connection log with an underline could be a factor.

Wallace And Gromit: A Matter Of Loaf And Death

Also, if you uncheck the show tips on start up - they still show on start up.
Cheers
Gully

dahl

Post by dahl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 08:33

when trying to connect I get this error:

"Arithmetic error: at line 1110
Event: CONNECTBUTTON - Dialog:0"

and also:

"Returned: Can't call method "get data" on an undefined value at beyonwiz/wizpnp device.pm line 120"

any ideas?

thanks,
Dahl

SJ2571
Master

Post by SJ2571 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:12

My first impressions:

(1) Doesn't seem to be able to talk to the BW if DHCP is enabled. I had to go to my BW to see
its IP address, and manually type that into WizZilla to get it to talk. Do I need to do that every
time? Bit of a hassle, if so.

(2) Very slow to parse the recordings! I only have about 10 recordings but WizZilla took
almost a minute to list them all. WizFX does it in about 5 seconds. Just my system, or do
others have this slowdown too?

Not sure if I'll stick with it yet. WizFX works fine for my transfers so far. If both the above
issues can be resolved for me, then I'll probably use it, but I can't see any real advantage
over WizFX for now. I care not for episode info and so on. I just want to transfer files, so
maybe this app is not for me?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:43

SJ2571 wrote:My first impressions:

(1) Doesn't seem to be able to talk to the BW if DHCP is enabled. I had to go to my BW to see its IP address, and manually type that into WizZilla to get it to talk. Do I need to do that every time? Bit of a hassle, if so.

(2) Very slow to parse the recordings! I only have about 10 recordings but WizZilla took
almost a minute to list them all. WizFX does it in about 5 seconds. Just my system, or do others have this slowdown too?

Not sure if I'll stick with it yet. WizFX works fine for my transfers so far. If both the above
issues can be resolved for me, then I'll probably use it, but I can't see any real advantage
over WizFX for now. I care not for episode info and so on. I just want to transfer files, so
I think WizZilla remembers the IP addres you last used.

The need to use your IP address in WizZilla is an inheritance from getWizPnP, which does the under-the-hood work for WizZilla. I haven't been able to get IP Multicast working on Windows in getWizPnP. Without that, WizPnP's device search function doesn't work, and you need to use the device's IP address.

There are two workarounds that can help: one is to configure your router's DHCP to use a fixed IP address for your Beyonwiz's MAC address. This means that the Beyonwiz will have a fixed IP address, and you'll only need to look it up once. Once you've done that, you should be able to set up a name for the beyonwiz's IP address in your computer's hosts file. I can't recall where that is on Windows. In C:/Windows/system32, perhaps?

The listing speed for getWizPnP (which also does the under-the-hood work for WizZilla) should be much faster than a minute for just 10 recordings. I'm not sure what version of getWizPnP WizZilla is using at the moment. The latest getWizPnP (0.3.1) is a good bit faster on doing listings than earlier versions.

You can run getWizPnP from a Windows Command Window bu changing directory into the WizZilla installation folder, and running
.....getWizPnP -H my.bw.ip.addr
and seeing whether that runs significantly faster than getting the listing with WizZilla.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Dec 28, 2008 13:14

Hi Peter,
prl wrote:Once you've done that, you should be able to set up a name for the beyonwiz's IP address in your computer's hosts file. I can't recall where that is on Windows. In C:/Windows/system32, perhaps?
Assuming Windows is setup in C:\Windows then the hosts file path is C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Regards,
Ian.

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Dec 28, 2008 13:36

SJ2571 wrote:(1) Doesn't seem to be able to talk to the BW if DHCP is enabled. I had to go to my BW to see its IP address, and manually type that into WizZilla to get it to talk. Do I need to do that every time? Bit of a hassle, if so.
As others have said, if your wiz has the same IP all the time you only need do it once. You should not allow changing IP addresses on any server devices on your network. Either set your router to always assign the same IP via DHCP or disable DHCP on the wiz and manually assign an appropriate address. WizZilla defaults to the wiz's default manually assigned IP address (192.168.0.101) to make it easier for people to setup.
SJ2571 wrote:(2) Very slow to parse the recordings! I only have about 10 recordings but WizZilla took almost a minute to list them all. WizFX does it in about 5 seconds. Just my system, or do others have this slowdown too?
Something not right there. It takes 90 seconds for my 140 files. The next version will be a lot faster. Current beta gets the file list, then gets more info for each file one at a time. While this process is slow, it is no slower than WizFX version 1.0 and the same method that the new WizFX version 1.0.2 uses.
SJ2571 wrote:Not sure if I'll stick with it yet. WizFX works fine for my transfers so far. If both the above issues can be resolved for me, then I'll probably use it, but I can't see any real advantage over WizFX for now. I care not for episode info and so on. I just want to transfer files, so maybe this app is not for me?
It's beta. There's a lot more features to come that WizFX can not do and never will do. If you just want to 'pick a file and download it immediately to your PC' then WizFX is all you need.
cheers
DaveR

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Dec 28, 2008 13:53

Hi Dahl,
dahl wrote:when trying to connect I get this error:

"Arithmetic error: at line 1110
Event: CONNECTBUTTON - Dialog:0"
It seems it is not getting the initial file list from the wiz. I suspect your firmware version is too old.

What firmware version is on you wiz :?: Do you have WizPNP Server enabled :?:

You can see the version displayed on the front display as the wiz turns on. Or you can go to 'Setup > System > Firmware > Firmware Information' then take note of the last 3 numbers of the displayed Firmware Version.
dahl wrote:and also:

"Returned: Can't call method "get data" on an undefined value at beyonwiz/wizpnp device.pm line 120"
This is from getwizpnp but again, it indicates that your firmware version is too old.

There should be a file called wizzilla.log in your 'C:\Program Files\Two Wizards\WizZilla' folder if using XP or if using Vista with admin rights. Note: If needed, change C:\ to the drive letter where windows installed the 'Program Files' folder.

If you do not have this log file, start wizzilla, click on connect, wait until you get the error, then look at the 'Connection Log' tab down near the bottom of the window.

The error.log file or connection log window should give us a clue as to what message is being returned from your wiz.
cheers
DaveR

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Sun Dec 28, 2008 14:41

Gully wrote: Happy to Matt. A couple of new recordings since but still one missing

If characters are the issue, the fact it has a colon, replaced in the connection log with an underline could be a factor.

Wallace And Gromit: A Matter Of Loaf And Death

Also, if you uncheck the show tips on start up - they still show on start up.
Thanks Gully,
We are dealing with colons (and other chars) in the file names, but perhaps the conversion process still has an issue.
SJ2571 wrote:My first impressions:

(1) Doesn't seem to be able to talk to the BW if DHCP is enabled. I had to go to my BW to see its IP address, and manually type that into WizZilla to get it to talk. Do I need to do that every time? Bit of a hassle, if so.

almost a minute to list them all. WizFX does it in about 5 seconds. Just my system, or do
others have this slowdown too?

Thanks for the feedback and for testing this beta version SJ2571.
Any feedback you give us will help improve future versions.
As previously mentioned you can easily resolve the IP address issue and the file list performance will be much better in the next version. If you care to try it again when it's released that would be great.
prl wrote: The listing speed for getWizPnP (which also does the under-the-hood work for WizZilla) should be much faster than a minute for just 10 recordings. I'm not sure what version of getWizPnP WizZilla is using at the moment. The latest getWizPnP (0.3.1) is a good bit faster on doing listings than earlier versions.
Yes we're using 0.3.1, and yes it is a good bit faster on doing listing than the previous versions...it's because of the performance improvement that we can change how WZ will populate the filelist in the next version.

As for the Beyonwiz discovery, we're investigating alternatives.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 15:36

Dave? wrote:...

This is from getwizpnp but again, it indicates that your firmware version is too old.

It's from the part of getWizPnP that's trying to fetch the device descriptor from the Beyonwiz. I doubt that it's the firmware version that's causing the problem, though it could be. This part of getWizPnP has changed little since early on. It could be because the host IP address isn't a Beyonwiz. dahl, were you using the correct IP address for your Beyonwiz? It's still a bug in getWizPnP, I'm just trying to find out how to trigger it.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sun Dec 28, 2008 15:48

Tried to do a download and got a message that getwizpnp hadn't started also when I exited the program a dialog box appeared.
Invalid list operation at line 2318
EVENT CLOSE
EDIT: The file was ex SBS SD Classical Destinations Munich & Garmisch
I'm now transferring Face Painting with Bill Leak ex ABC SD without bother and the first file is ok now. The only change is I took my MAC off line.

aaarrggh :?

EDIT: I also added wizZilla into exceptions for Windows Firewall however it is mostly off as I have OutPost running 99% of the time.
Last edited by netmask on Sun Dec 28, 2008 16:49, edited 2 times in total.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Dec 28, 2008 15:59

prl wrote:
dahl wrote:"Returned: Can't call method "get data" on an undefined value at beyonwiz/wizpnp device.pm line 120"
It's from the part of getWizPnP that's trying to fetch the device descriptor from the Beyonwiz. I doubt that it's the firmware version that's causing the problem, though it could be. This part of getWizPnP has changed little since early on. It could be because the host IP address isn't a Beyonwiz. dahl, were you using the correct IP address for your Beyonwiz? It's still a bug in getWizPnP, I'm just trying to find out how to trigger it.
Thanks Peter. WizFX also gives similiar errors if the wiz has no WizPNP Name set or the name has spaces or weird characters. Which is why firmware versions from 161 onwards now default to 'beyonwiz' as the WizPNP Name.

But Dahl could have:
- A firmware version from before WizPNP was added.
- WizPNP Server disabled.
cheers
DaveR

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Dec 28, 2008 16:25

Dave? wrote:But Dahl could have:
- A firmware version from before WizPNP was added.
- WizPNP Server disabled.
Well it's definitely not the latter.

Code: Select all

wizpnp server disabled = bad wizpnp response - please check your details and try again
wrong wiz ip           = bad wizpnp response - please check your details and try again
wrong wizpnp port      = bad wizpnp response - please check your details and try again

no wizpnp name set     = getwizpnp returned: 
Can't call method "getData" on an undefined value at Beyonwiz/WizPnPDevice.pm line 120.

wizpnp name with space = ok 
So users must set the following on their wiz:
- WizPNP Server = enable
- WizPNP Name = anything other than blank
cheers
DaveR

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 16:32

prl wrote:

I've just tried connecting getWizPnP to a Beyonwiz with WizPnP disabled, and to an network address where there was no device, and in both cases the error is mishandled by getWizPnP, but in a different way from what dahl saw:

Bad WizPnP response: no device description returned from http://cyrus:49152/tvdevicedesc.xml
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 474.

no element found at line 1, column 0, byte -1 at /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/XML/Parser.pm line 187
The only difference between the two cases is that if there is no device, the error message is a long time coming.

Also, dahl, what firmware version are you running, in case it is a firmware version problem in getWizPnP?

Dave, alwayslooking (or anyone else), you can fix the bug I found in this post by changing:

sub addDevice($$) {
    my ($self, $location) = @_;

my $devdesc = get($location);
    if(!$devdesc) {
        warn "Bad WizPnP response: no device description returned",
            " from $location\n";
    }
to:

sub addDevice($$) {

if(!$devdesc) {
            " from $location\n";
        return;
    }
In module Beyonwiz/WizPnP.pm.

Official fix in the next release.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Dec 28, 2008 17:38

prl wrote:Dave, alwayslooking (or anyone else), you can fix the bug I found in this post by changing:

sub addDevice($$) {

if(!$devdesc) {
            " from $location\n";
    }
to:

sub addDevice($$) {

if(!$devdesc) {
            " from $location\n";
        return;
    }
In module Beyonwiz/WizPnP.pm.

Official fix in the next release.
Thanks Peter. (line 205, Matt)

Petyer, what about line 212?

my $dev = Beyonwiz::WizPnPDevice->new($location, $dom);
    my $name = $dev->name;
    if($name) {
	$self->devices->{lc $name} = $dev;
    } else {
	warn "No name found for device description in $location\n";
    } 

my $dev = Beyonwiz::WizPnPDevice->new($location, $dom);
    my $name = $dev->name;
    if($name) {
	$self->devices->{lc $name} = $dev;
    } else {
  return; 
    } 
cheers
DaveR

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 17:46

Peter, what about line 212?
Have a look at the control flow after the "if" (not shown in the sample). If you don't explicitly return in the error arm of the test, you ... return anyway :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Dec 28, 2008 17:49

PS I also changed all warnings like this:

to this:

warn "Bad WizPnP response: No device description returned",
i.e. Sentence case on the actual responce.

And I changed this:

to this:

warn "Bad WizPnP response: No name found for device description in $location\n";

so wizzilla only has to check for anything returned that starts with "Bad WizPnP response: "
cheers
DaveR

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 17:54

I've PM'd an email address for you to send the changes to.

Thanks.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

dahl

Post by dahl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 18:11

Thanks for the input,
I have latest firmware for beyonwiz and pnp enabled, I am able to transfer recordings to my computer using wizfx, (used same ip adress for both programs)

I do have a log file, the last of which reads:
WizZilla started by dahl on HOMEZ-5B278F221 at 13:56 28-12-2008

13:56 28-12-2008 - Getting file list from Wiz
Command = getwizpnp.exe --all -v --List --host 192.168.000.100 --port 49152

RETURNED:
Can't call method "getData" on an undefined value at Beyonwiz/WizPnPDevice.pm line 120.

Checking 1 files/folders
WizZilla started by dahl on HOMEZ-5B278F221 at 13:55 28-12-2008
WizZilla started by dahl on HOMEZ-5B278F221 at 13:55 28-12-2008

13:55 28-12-2008 - Getting file list from Wiz
Command = getwizpnp.exe --all -v --List --host 192.168.000.001 --port 49152
Please check your details and try again.
13:55 28-12-2008 - Getting file list from Wiz
Command = getwizpnp.exe --all -v --List --host 192.168.000.001 --port 49152
Please check your details and try again.

hope this helps,
Dahl

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 18:21

dahl wrote:Thanks for the input,
I have latest firmware for beyonwiz and pnp enabled, I am able to transfer recordings to my computer using wizfx, (used same ip adress for both programs)

I do have a log file, the last of which reads:
WizZilla started by dahl on HOMEZ-5B278F221 at 13:56 28-12-2008

RETURNED:
If I run getWizPnP on my Mac with those parameters exactly (where the host parameter isn't a valid host on my net), I get an error, but a different one from the one you see.

If I replace the host address with a valid Beyonwiz server address, the command just works.

Is 192.168.000.100 the host address of a valid Beyonwiz WizPnP server on your net?

I think I may need to try to make the error happen myself on a PC.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

dahl

Post by dahl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 18:45

that IP adress is the one that comes up when I access my LAN settings from beyonwiz.

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Sun Dec 28, 2008 19:19

Dave? wrote:PS I also changed all warnings like this:

to this:

warn "Bad WizPnP response: No device description returned",
i.e. Sentence case on the actual responce.

And I changed this:

to this:

warn "Bad WizPnP response: No name found for device description in $location\n";

so wizzilla only has to check for anything returned that starts with "Bad WizPnP response: "
I've made your and prl's changes and compiled, it's in the usual place.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 19:26

dahl wrote:that IP adress is the one that comes up when I access my LAN settings from beyonwiz.
OK, thanks. I'll try to see if I can reproduce the problem.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

SJ2571
Master

Post by SJ2571 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 20:21

> configure your router's DHCP to use a fixed IP address for your Beyonwiz's MAC address

Oh, hell no! :) You may have seen in other threads that I've had lots of issues getting the
BW and PC talking, so there's no way I'm going to start changing things now that it all
works. I might look at it again in the New Year when I can really investigate everything.

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Sun Dec 28, 2008 20:42

SJ2571 wrote:> configure your router's DHCP to use a fixed IP address for your Beyonwiz's MAC address

Oh, hell no! :) You may have seen in other threads that I've had lots of issues getting the
BW and PC talking, so there's no way I'm going to start changing things now that it all
works. I might look at it again in the New Year when I can really investigate everything.
Just use WizFX for now, it's not worth the pain and suffering to make a change just to test some beta software.

A future version of WizZilla will be able to discover any Beyonwiz on the network, have a try of that one when it is released.

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Dec 28, 2008 21:53

dahl wrote:RETURNED:

hope this helps,
Dahl
Yep, that is the exact same error I get when there is no WizPNP Name setup on the wiz.

One the wiz:
- Setup > Network > OK > WizPNP > OK > Name > type a name > Save and Exit > OK
- exit menu
- try wizzilla again
cheers
DaveR

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 22:04

Dave? wrote:
dahl wrote:RETURNED:
Yep, that is the exact same error I get when there is no WizPNP Name setup on the wiz.
Great. I'm onto it. Tomorrow :)

I'm also looking at WizPnP search on Windows. I think I may have something.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Sun Dec 28, 2008 22:23

prl wrote: I'm also looking at WizPnP search on Windows. I think I may have something.
That sounds interesting, I was doing some work on that too :-)

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Mon Dec 29, 2008 00:19

alwayslooking wrote:
prl wrote: I'm also looking at WizPnP search on Windows. I think I may have something.
That sounds interesting, I was doing some work on that too :-)
Yep, that'd be great Peter if you can get multicast working in Windows. I've spent too much time tonight trying various alternatives that were not suitable.
cheers
DaveR

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Mon Dec 29, 2008 02:36

Updated to 0.0.0.40 beta

If you have the previous version installed just install 0.0.0.40 to the same location.

This is NOT the 'next release' that we've mentioned. But it does include fixes to most of the issues mentioned over past 4 pages.

All feedback, good and bad, is welcome.
cheers
DaveR

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Dec 29, 2008 05:48

I have fixed the 'Can't call method "getData" on an undefined value at Beyonwiz/WizPnPDevice.pm line 120.' bug in getWizPnP reported by dahl, and incorporated the changes to the error messages as suggested by Dave.

Some progress made on WizPnP device search on Windows, but still not working 100%. I'll upload a new version of getWizPnP whan I've either fixed the device scan for Windows or given up on it again.

In the meantime, the workaround for the 'Can't call method "getData"' bug is to ensure that the Beyonwiz server has a WizPnP name. The fixed version of getWizPnP still demands that you specify a device name; it just gives an error message that makes more sense.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “Content, Software and USB”