Purchasing

Moderators: Gully, peteru

cwiggles
Master

Purchasing

Post by cwiggles » Mon Apr 28, 2014 13:59

Hi all,

been tempted to take the plunge on a T3. It's been interesting to read the initial feedback of the unit. I do have some concerns about UI consistency and ease of use having been spoilt by the ol S1. So to get to the crux of this message, I clicked on the SHOP link which took me to the dealspace website and I could not find any information on the T3 there. Lots of entries for the older BW models, but nothing on the T3. This was confusing because I thought has it been withdrawn? Have they sold out of the 1st shipment already? Then when I logged into the forums the SHOP option takes you to a different URL, shop.beywonwiz.com.au where the T3 is shown upfront, no need to go looking for it. So the question is why is the SHOP button taking you to different websites depending if you are logged into the forums or not. If I had been advising a friend to go the forum site and click on the SHOP link to see info on the T3, then they would not have found anything other than the older BW models. It is also confusing why the DealSpace website site does not mention the T3 at all, well at least as far as I can tell. Just find this a little odd that's all.

Craig
VU+ DUO2 (running OpenATV 7.1)
DP-Litei
Sharp Aquos 46" LED TV, Sony BPD-270 Bluray Player

Wiz HQ
Site Admin

Re: Purchasing

Post by Wiz HQ » Mon Apr 28, 2014 14:26

Hi Craig,
Just to clarify is it the same "shop" link at the top of this page just behaving different when you are logged in or out? I tried but I go to Beyonwiz shop each time..
Regards,

Wiz HQ
Forum Admin

gmax
Apprentice

Re: Purchasingcould be

Post by gmax » Mon Apr 28, 2014 16:00

Just received T3 and setting up.
+Screen Quality. :D
Setup not as good as it could be,
Recording Info , you have to go to to the end to record info , but have been able to record my weeks favorites successfully.

Have had a network problem (Wireless) and will still explore.

Overall once my recordings have recorded tonight I will be satisfied with my purchase.

Will exchange more info as I learn more.

P.S. haven't done update yet.
HD PVR - Beyonwiz ,S1,P1,P2. Now with 2x T'3.
Panasonic DMR BW-750/850.

SD PVR -Topfield 5000 PVRT Masterpiece( still going)
2x Sony LCD TV's.
Yamaha Surround Sound & 4 x Bose Speakers

peteru
Uber Wizard

Re: Purchasingcould be

Post by peteru » Mon Apr 28, 2014 16:18

gmax wrote:Setup not as good as it could be
P.S. haven't done update yet.
There's a reason that Beyonwiz advise to update the firmware as soon as you get the unit - it's to give you improved initial set up experience.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

cwiggles
Master

Re: Purchasing

Post by cwiggles » Mon Apr 28, 2014 16:50

Wiz HQ wrote:Hi Craig,
Just to clarify is it the same "shop" link at the top of this page just behaving different when you are logged in or out? I tried but I go to Beyonwiz shop each time..
Hi Wiz HQ. Ok, found the issue, sorry, it's at my end. My favourite for the site was using an old URL, namely http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/ which still works, but the public URL for the SHOP option is

http://dealspace.com.au/beyonwiz-dp-p2- ... gb-hdd-new

Once you login using this old URL the SHOP URL is correct. If I use the correct URL , www.bewonwiz.com.au/forums then the SHOP button goes to shop.beyonwiz.com.au for public and logged in users. Sorry for the confusion. May be an idea to retire the old URL or redirect phbb2 to forum or something along those lines.

Regards,

Craig
VU+ DUO2 (running OpenATV 7.1)
DP-Litei
Sharp Aquos 46" LED TV, Sony BPD-270 Bluray Player

Return to “Pre-release Discussion”