PC/Android based remote control & Device manager...?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

NoDeity
Master

PC/Android based remote control & Device manager...?

Post by NoDeity » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:08

Not sure if it's been covered yet, but I thought I'd chime in about PC and Android based remote control/system manager.
A lot of devices now can be managed remotely by phone or PC apps, is there anything happening in that dept...? :)
Wiz V2
65" Samsung
Logitech Harmony Elite
Denon sound system
Duct Tape & Fencing Wire

prl
Wizard God

Re: PC/Android based remote control & Device manager...?

Post by prl » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:32

The T3 has a Web-based control interface. You can control it from any device that can reach the T3 on your home network. You may need to have fixed IP for your network or dynamic DNS to connect to it from a device that's outside your home network

There is no password protection on the T3 HTTP server, and it allows HTTP access to all files on the T3 (as well as to the control interface).

You can change many of the T3 settings, view its EPG, set timers (manually or from the EPG), stream recordings and live TV from the T3. The interface also has remote control emulation, so all functions can be performed remotely, but the remote control emulation is fairly clunky to use.

The screen layout is intended for full-size screens (or it is when I connect to the T3 from Firefox). I don't know if it adapts well to smaller-screen devices.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

NoDeity
Master

Post by NoDeity » Fri Apr 11, 2014 13:25

prl wrote:The T3 has a Web-based control interface. You can control it from any device that can reach the T3 on your home network. You may need to have fixed IP for your network or dynamic DNS to connect to it from a device that's outside your home network

There is no password protection on the T3 HTTP server, and it allows HTTP access to all files on the T3 (as well as to the control interface).

You can change many of the T3 settings, view its EPG, set timers (manually or from the EPG), stream recordings and live TV from the T3. The interface also has remote control emulation, so all functions can be performed remotely, but the remote control emulation is fairly clunky to use.

The screen layout is intended for full-size screens (or it is when I connect to the T3 from Firefox). I don't know if it adapts well to smaller-screen devices.
Saweeet..! :) I'll hook it up to my NAS. Getting more and more exited about getting mine next week, "hopefully" Thanks for the heads up Prl... :)
Wiz V2
65" Samsung
Logitech Harmony Elite
Denon sound system
Duct Tape & Fencing Wire

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Apr 11, 2014 13:55

prl wrote:There is no password protection on the T3 HTTP server
There is an option to turn password protection on and you can also configure the web server to use HTTPS.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

glen
Guru

Post by glen » Fri Apr 11, 2014 14:05

peteru wrote:
prl wrote:There is no password protection on the T3 HTTP server
There is an option to turn password protection on and you can also configure the web server to use HTTPS.
Thank goodness for that, the idea of no security on http or no option for https was a bit concerning.

Rockets
Master

Post by Rockets » Fri Apr 11, 2014 15:10

I was looking at MyURemote for iOS & Android which works with serial and IR controllers from Global Cache and you can build custom interfaces for it.

http://www.myuremote.com/website/features/

http://www.globalcache.com/products/
Rockets
Beyonwiz T3 1TB - DP-P1
Denon 3312 - Bi-Amped Epos ELS 303 Floor Standers, Athena LSC50 Centre
Samsung UA50F5000 50" LCD
Foxtel IQ2, OpenELEC NUC, AppleTV4K

Return to “Pre-release Discussion”