AutoTimers are cool!

Moderators: Gully, peteru

peteru
Uber Wizard

AutoTimers are cool!

Post by peteru » Wed Apr 09, 2014 00:08

I thought I'd post a few screenshots of AutoTimers, since they are such a cool feature.

You can create AutoTimers straight from the EPG and either use a Wizard or the full blown editor. When adding AutoTimers from the EPG a number of the fields will be pre-populated with information from the EPG for you. You can use the tick boxes to control if you want each of the fields imported from the EPG.

Here are a few pictures of the Wizard:

The alternative to the wizard is the full blown editor. Here I have gone overboard and turned just about every option on, but you don't have to do that.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

snuke
Apprentice

Re: AutoTimers are cool!

Post by snuke » Wed Apr 09, 2014 00:45

Interesting, it will be interesting to see how variable the results of not using Exact Match option is.

I can't see an option to exclude/include repeats.
Sony Bravia KDL-46Z4500, Marantz SR-6006, Wiz DP-P1, WD TV Live Hub, nVidia Shield TV, PS3, PS4 & Synology DS413.

Raid
Master

Post by Raid » Wed Apr 09, 2014 07:24

Very interesting post Peter.

Was just wondering if these timers are created once, when it gets a new days EPG or are they continually updated. My question is prompted by our friends at 9 who keep changing their EPG. So if a timer was created based on an event 7 days in the future, would it update that timer if the EPG later changed?

I no this would be hard (impossible) to test but if anybody spots something please let us know.
T3-500GB
Panasonic TX-32LXD700A, Yamaha RX-A1060 & BD-A1060; Asus RT-N56U; QNAP TS-451/TS-410 NAS.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 09:55

snuke wrote:...
I haven't been able to find one, either. I don't even know if there's repeat flagging in the broadcast EPG.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:05

prl wrote:
I haven't been able to find one, either. I don't even know if there's repeat flagging in the broadcast EPG.
The FTA guide doesn't include the repeat flag. This is one of things that IceTV provides and helps enable proper series recording.
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

snuke
Apprentice

Post by snuke » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:24

That right there is a Deal Breaker for me and I would expect most people. Even if I had the 4TB option, the last thing I want is recording after recording that is a repeat and I have no way of knowing. Imagine if you’re a crazy person that likes 2 and a half men or that not funny science comedy? They have repeats showing 30 times a day. You want new shows only, go away for a week and come back to 422 recordings (I have indulged in a little hyperbole).

Two of the few shows I still record are Family Guy and American Dad. They are peppered with repeats every week, I wouldn’t consider recording a series if it would pick up repeats.
Sony Bravia KDL-46Z4500, Marantz SR-6006, Wiz DP-P1, WD TV Live Hub, nVidia Shield TV, PS3, PS4 & Synology DS413.

Peter D
Master

Post by Peter D » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:38

What is a Bouquet?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:47

Peter D wrote:What is a Bouquet?
A collection of digital media services. A generalisation of a Favourites list, if you like.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Gully

Post by Gully » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:58

Not ideal but by adding conditions and filters you could reduce the number of repeats that were recorded, eg time of day, service recorded, etc.
Cheers
Gully

snuke
Apprentice

Post by snuke » Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:20

Gully wrote:Not ideal but by adding conditions and filters you could reduce the number of repeats that were recorded, eg time of day, service recorded, etc.
Which would need to be tracked and altered any time they change the day or time the new episode is actually shown. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
If you have ICE, and are used to the set and forget, with a one click option for repeats, then this would be considered a massive step back in usability.

All those options for the AutoTimers look cool, but would be rendered redundant and completely excessive for the far easier ICE system.
I hate that I sound like an ICE TV salesman, but it is simple and works.

For those not interesting in paying the $49 per year (Special price normally offered at least twice per year) for ICE subscription, then these look to be extremely helpful in reducing the amount of shows being recorded that you don’t want.

I guess the Description field is fully editable, so you could set it to record any program that contains the name of an actor or director?

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:23

Raid wrote:Very interesting post Peter.

Was just wondering if these timers are created once, when it gets a new days EPG or are they continually updated. My question is prompted by our friends at 9 who keep changing their EPG. So if a timer was created based on an event 7 days in the future, would it update that timer if the EPG later changed?
An autotimer creates individual event timers as required. You can configure various aspects, including how many days in advance these timers get created, how often event timers are checked against the EPG and how long before an event the T3 should wake up to get the most up to date EPG and make last minute adjustments. There are even preferences for what to do if conflicts arise. Yes, the individual event timers will be moved around as the EPG changes. Changing the EPG is a good thing, it means it stays accurate. Channel 9 do a really good job with the GO! EPG, where the start of show seems to be accurate to the second.

Blog.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:31

prl wrote:
It's not consistent and depends on the channel, but you get things like this:

Code: Select all

An American Affair
Love and political ambition both run afoul when two friends discover they are sleeping with the same man in a bizarre love triangle. M (V,S) CC 1997 Rpt

Charlie's Angels
When a wealthy winegrower disappears, the three private investigators go undercover at the vineyard to track down the whereabouts of the body. PG (V) Rpt
So an exclude filter that looks for "Rpt" would do it.

You also have the filtering options for not recording stuff with duplicate descriptions, etc. This is done automatically for you, so if you have the same episode screening 6 times over 3 days, you only get one copy.

Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 15:37

I found the repeat and classification information in the epg.dat saved EPG file, but I can't work out how to display it anywhere in the T3 EPG (any of them).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Gully

Post by Gully » Wed Apr 09, 2014 15:48

prl wrote:I found the repeat and classification information in the epg.dat saved EPG file, but I can't work out how to display it anywhere in the T3 EPG (any of them).
Might be worth feeding the information back to Beyonwiz and see if they can add it to the display. It would clearly enhance the value of Autotimers.
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 16:05

I set up an autotimer for Charlie's Angels, with exclusion rules on "rpt", "Rpt" and "RPT" (how it appears in epg.dat) for Title, ShortDescription and Description. Didn't stop timers being created.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

snuke
Apprentice

Post by snuke » Wed Apr 09, 2014 16:26

There is no stopping the Angels.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 18:18

It appears that Charlie's Angels isn't flagged as a repeat. When I extract the strings from the epg.dat file and search (case insensitive) for rpt, I get stuff like this:

[RPT] (PG) Fish on the Hook
[RPT] (PG) Death in Bloom / Susan StrongZU
[RPT] (PG) [CC] RPA
[RPT] (C) [CC] The Way the Cookie Crumbles / Menace Camp
CA isn't among the titles flagged with [RPT].

I had a bit of a play with exclusion rules and I was able to control whether an Autotimer for RPA. I used RPT as the match string on ShortDescription. The exclusion rules seem to be case-sensitive, even when the main title match is not.

Ideally I would have liked to try to match on [RPT], but there doesn't seem to be a way to enter '[' or ']' from the remote.

However, it doesn't look a particularly appealing solution, apart from it being a bit clunky to set up. As peteru said, the flagging isn't consistent. In fact, it appears that neither ABC nor SBS flag repeats in this way in the EPG at all.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

blonk
Master

Post by blonk » Mon May 05, 2014 17:11

I set up several auto timers on Saturday. So far everything has recorded, however there is no information showing the next episode will record, even though it is in the EPG for next Saturday. If I open the Autotimer plugin, it is empty. Does this mean that it's been deleted for some reason?

EDIT: never mind, just set up a new one to test. It appears in the list. Damn it took ages to set the others up, but for some unknown reason they've all been deleted! Back to the drawing board!

Blonk

blonk
Master

Post by blonk » Sun May 25, 2014 10:23

Recently, I've had a few timers double up, due to,changes in the EPG. The start time of a program has changed, so a new timer has been created, but the original timer remains. Easy enough to,delete, but is there a way to configure to Autotimer to delete the original timer?

Blonk

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sun May 25, 2014 10:35

Yes, there is.

Press PLUGIN button, select AutoTimer, then press MENU button and select Setup.

Blog.

blonk
Master

Post by blonk » Sun May 25, 2014 11:54

Thanks Peter,
assuming the option for this is Modify existing timers, the option it is set at is : All non-repeating timers. My only other option is "Only Autotimers created during this session" (assuming none will do nothing). I had it set as "All non-repeating timers" because I thought that each timer created by the autotimer was a one off, the other option implied to me that it would only be for Autotimers modified or created now, not others already in existance. I'll try it and see how it goes.

Blonk

BigbobOz
Master

Post by BigbobOz » Sun May 25, 2014 23:28

I have it set to 'All non-repeating timers', what's the best option here? With no IceTV I like the idea of Auto Timers but the repeats (as in the show repeats not the timer) are bugging me. I have started to muck around with filters, missed them completely when I first set the auto timers but keen to avoid dud timers as well.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon May 26, 2014 02:36

blonk,
I was actually thinking that using the tagging option may help with identifying timers that need modification.

BigbobOz,
I really don't see a reason for all the fuss about recorded repeats. The file / media browser shows you the synopsis for each recording, so you can easily tell what episode you have. If you happen to have a repeat, it takes a few seconds to delete it and move on to something else.

Blog.

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Wed Oct 14, 2015 16:28

Looking at the screenshots above is there any descriptions of what each of the attributes does? I receive my T4 next week and would like to understand what I should be generally using to input my current Ice timers.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Oct 14, 2015 17:21

Trial_Master wrote:Looking at the screenshots above is there any descriptions of what each of the attributes does? I receive my T4 next week and would like to understand what I should be generally using to input my current Ice timers.
Take a snapshot of your current IceTV timers from the My Week and My Series pages in your IceTV web account. On my Mac, I was able to do this by using Print, then Save as PDF. Not sure the easiest way to do something similar on Windows.

Then you at least know what you have lost in case they turn off the server overnight.

IMO the easiest way to set up T series AutoTimers is to import existing IceTV timers on the T4, but that clearly won't work from you.

An alternative is to make the IceTV timers from the EPG. Navigate to the show you want to "series record" and press BLUE Add AutoTimer.

If you do that, you get the first page in peteru's post, and in that you probably want to untick everything except match title and exact match.

The next page you get is the "full blown editor" pages in peteru's post.
  • Set Search type to exact or title starts with
  • Search strictness to case-insensitive
  • Turn off Only match during timespan (that allows the AutoTimer to follow scheduling changes), and it should be off by default,
  • Require description to be unique to Any service/recording (that helps eliminate recordings of "encores" of current series)
  • Set Check for uniqueness in to Title and all descriptions
  • Set the Restriction to certain bouquets to your Favourites bouquet
  • You may want to set up Other filters to filter out shows marked as repeats
That will work a lot of the time. Some tweaks will be needed on some shows. For example, some shows have the same description for all episodes, and that makes Require description to be unique not work in the way you probably want it to, especially for daily shows.

I found the interface to setting filters (the last 4 entries on the Edit AutoTimer page) rather unintuitive. Expect it to not do quite what you wanted the first few times you try. Match strings in title and description filters are Python regular expressions, so they may do odd things if you're not aware of characters that have special meaning in regular expressions. For example, the Nine markup for repeats is '[RPT]' in the short description. But if you use '[RPT]' in an exclude filter on short description, it will exclude anything that has a 'R', 'P' or 'T' in the short description, because the regular expression characters '[]' mean match any single character, or character in a range, inside the brackets.

At least in the Canberra FTA EPG, only WIN has the [RPT] repeat markup, and it's not all that reliable.

Once you've worked out what settings you want most of the time, you can enter them in a similar editor screen in MENU>TV/RADIO>AutoTimer, MENU>Edit new timer defaults. Once you've done that, you'll get those as the defaults in every new AutoTimer you create, but you still need to do that un-ticking in the first, because ticked items there will over-ride your defaults!

Once that's done, it may be a good idea to set MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings>Remove completed timers after to more than 7 days (8 will be fine). That will help Require description to be unique to work properly.

And last, but by no means least, set MENU>TV/RADIO>AutoTimer, MENU>Setup>Guess existing timer based on begin/end to OFF, if it's not already (on a new box with recent firmware it should be OFF by default). You may want to enable Add similar timer on conflict. Other defalut settings should be OK.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Wed Oct 14, 2015 17:35

OMG. That is gold Peter!!!!

Thanks so much mate, no doubt you just saved me hours if not days of pain.

Thanks
Lachlan
Last edited by Trial_Master on Wed Oct 14, 2015 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Wed Oct 14, 2015 17:46

prl, I agree with most of what you wrote but I chose a couple of different settings as my defaults - your thoughts?
prl wrote: Set Search type to exact or partial match
I use Start of otherwise short titles pickup longer titles (eg Vera and Silverado). I haven't found any issues where the fta epg adds random text at the start of the tile.
prl wrote: Require description to be unique to Any service/recording (that helps eliminate recordings of "encores" of current series)
Would there be a performance issue with Any service/recording if you have lots of recordings in your main directory as this checks all of your recordings on the hdd for unique matches. Setting it to Any service still does the check on completed timers. If it wont be a performance problem then I would use the same setting as you suggest.
Beyonwiz T4

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Oct 14, 2015 17:53

None of my AutoTimers have started running yet, so I can't answer some of those questions. I may need to change some of the advice.

I agree about "starts with" and I'll change it from partial.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

jazza
Master

Post by jazza » Wed Oct 14, 2015 19:29

simoncasey wrote:prl, I agree with most of what you wrote but I chose a couple of different settings as my defaults - your thoughts?
prl wrote: Set Search type to exact or partial match
I use Start of otherwise short titles pickup longer titles (eg Vera and Silverado). I haven't found any issues where the fta epg adds random text at the start of the tile.
prl wrote: Require description to be unique to Any service/recording (that helps eliminate recordings of "encores" of current series)
Would there be a performance issue with Any service/recording if you have lots of recordings in your main directory as this checks all of your recordings on the hdd for unique matches. Setting it to Any service still does the check on completed timers. If it wont be a performance problem then I would use the same setting as you suggest.
No.

No performance hit.

I have up to a couple of terabytes of recorded DVR shows including lots of movies and series at any time depending on how quickly I watch and delete.

The only difference I can see is that with 30 auto timers is that when I edit or add a new auto timer then hit save and exit the auto timers are run over the epg and recordings and it takes a few seconds more for more auto timers after adding/editing.

This isn't noticeable day to day as it just runs in the background with no pop up message so you can't tell how long that is anyway.

By the way, auto timers are awesome but I've never once used the wizard to add them only the advanced method, it's easy to tweak - maybe that's why I love auto timers so much - and they do exactly what I tell them to do.

I don't restrict by hourly time windows, that's asking for regular modifications as guides change, I only sometimes restrict by day of week restrictions.

mkwilson
Master

Post by mkwilson » Wed Oct 14, 2015 20:19

prl wrote:
IMO the easiest way to set up T series AutoTimers is to import existing IceTV timers on the T4, but that clearly won't work from you.
Not 100% sure what you mean by this? Can you add an AutoTimer by opening an existing timer generated by IceTv?

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Wed Oct 14, 2015 20:52

Go into autotimers. Press menu and one of the options is the import from timer. It gives you a list of your existing timers so you can make an autotimer based in that. Mainly saves entering the title text manually.
Beyonwiz T4

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Oct 14, 2015 21:17

The person I was responding to doesn't have their T4 yet. Therefore no existing timers to import.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

kim1961
Apprentice

Post by kim1961 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 23:07

When setting the repeat filter, is the rpt case sensitive?

Kim

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Oct 15, 2015 02:25

case sensitive?
Yes it is.

But you can make the test case insensitive by using (?i)rpt instead of rpt

Blog.

mkwilson
Master

Post by mkwilson » Thu Oct 15, 2015 04:59

simoncasey wrote:Go into autotimers. Press menu and one of the options is the import from timer. It gives you a list of your existing timers so you can make an autotimer based in that. Mainly saves entering the title text manually.
Excellent. Thank you.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 16:31

kim1961 wrote:When setting the repeat filter, is the rpt case sensitive? ...
Although it's a good idea in principle, it won't help with the current content of the EPG. Only Nine and affiliates seem to have any repeat markup, and it's always '[RPT]'.

Perhaps sometime there'll be more, and more accurate, repeat markup: even though Nine has some repeat markup, reruns of the venerable children's series Skippy (1968-1970) aren't being marked as repeats. Maybe they think "shown already" is an attribute that erodes with time ;)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Thu Oct 15, 2015 16:42

Hi Peter

I'm still not clear on the repeat flag. I understand that it's not reliable but if i were to apply it universally just in case it improves down the track would the previous suggestion (?i)rpt be the way to go if it's case insensitive?

I'm looking forward and dreading setting up my first auto timer next week :|

jazza
Master

Post by jazza » Thu Oct 15, 2015 17:08

BigbobOz wrote:I have it set to 'All non-repeating timers', what's the best option here? With no IceTV I like the idea of Auto Timers but the repeats (as in the show repeats not the timer) are bugging me. I have started to muck around with filters, missed them completely when I first set the auto timers but keen to avoid dud timers as well.
Hey Bob, if you missed shows as in the auto timer failed to record because it didn't grab the show make it a habit to check the epg after you set/edit a new auto timer.

Soon as you save and leave auto timers the scrapper (?) runs and then gives a GUI pop up stating how many new timers were added or modified.

Knowing this go into the epg and check when and where they are. I.e. If for example you said record "the principal" then depending what filters you set you may get all episodes or maybe just all episodes on sbsHD or sbsONE. It's very easy to see and keep tweaking your existing auto timers.

For anyone doing auto timers: Remember auto timers generate timers and timers show up in the epg as big red highlighted items so it's pretty hard to NOT know if your timers are set right within minutes, simply by checking the epg with a few down channel (next day skip) button presses when in epg.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 17:10

Trial_Master wrote:Hi Peter

I'm still not clear on the repeat flag. I understand that it's not reliable but if i were to apply it universally just in case it improves down the track would the previous suggestion (?i)rpt be the way to go if it's case insensitive?

I'm looking forward and dreading setting up my first auto timer next week :|
I've applied my repeat check universally, though I've used a case-sensitive version. Using a case-insensitive match is probably a good way to go, because there's nothing to say what any future repeat flagging might be (it may not even be matched using '(?i)rpt').

I suggest that you get started on cutting over to AutoTimers ASAP.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Thu Oct 15, 2015 17:13

Yes I see Ice My Week is down to 5 days now. By the time I get my T4 I'll have to start from scratch. If I read correctly I can create them faster via the webpage instead of using remote. Be a good learning experience (as long as they work) :)

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Thu Oct 15, 2015 17:21

jazza wrote:
BigbobOz wrote:I have it set to 'All non-repeating timers', what's the best option here? With no IceTV I like the idea of Auto Timers but the repeats (as in the show repeats not the timer) are bugging me. I have started to muck around with filters, missed them completely when I first set the auto timers but keen to avoid dud timers as well.
Hey Bob, if you missed shows as in the auto timer failed to record because it didn't grab the show make it a habit to check the epg after you set/edit a new auto timer.

Soon as you save and leave auto timers the scrapper (?) runs and then gives a GUI pop up stating how many new timers were added or modified.

Knowing this go into the epg and check when and where they are. I.e. If for example you said record "the principal" then depending what filters you set you may get all episodes or maybe just all episodes on sbsHD or sbsONE. It's very easy to see and keep tweaking your existing auto timers.

For anyone doing auto timers: Remember auto timers generate timers and timers show up in the epg as big red highlighted items so it's pretty hard to NOT know if your timers are set right within minutes, simply by checking the epg with a few down channel (next day skip) button presses when in epg.
I think the issue for current icetv users is setting up autotimers for shows they have in icetv that are not currently broadcasting. There's nothing in the epg to check at the moment.
Beyonwiz T4

jazza
Master

Post by jazza » Thu Oct 15, 2015 17:24

Trial_Master wrote:Yes I see Ice My Week is down to 5 days now. By the time I get my T4 I'll have to start from scratch. If I read correctly I can create them faster via the webpage instead of using remote. Be a good learning experience (as long as they work) :)
I find open epg then find a show you want to record move highlighted cell to that episode in the epg and press blue for 'add auto timer' is the easiest way to add an new auto timer. then tweak it and check epg afterwards to be certain you hit the right channel/show/etc.

Doing your defaults for auto timers first ensures it's easy.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 17:34

Trial_Master wrote:Yes I see Ice My Week is down to 5 days now. By the time I get my T4 I'll have to start from scratch. If I read correctly I can create them faster via the webpage instead of using remote. Be a good learning experience (as long as they work) :)
If you're a bit technical, you could start building your autotimer.xml file by hand.

Here's what my defaults entry and a typical autotimer look like. All you need to do is copy the autotimer entry for each series recording and paste in the name (timer name) and match (match string) entries, perhaps from your My Week page on IceTV.

<autotimer version="7">

<defaults avoidDuplicateDescription="3" searchType="exact">
  <bouquet>1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.favourites.tv" ORDER BY bouquet</bouquet> <!-- Favourites (TV) -->
  <exclude where="shortdescription">\[RPT\]</exclude>
  <exclude where="description">\[RPT\]</exclude>
 </defaults>

<timer name="The Ex-PM" match="The Ex-PM" enabled="yes" avoidDuplicateDescription="3" searchType="exact" overrideAlternatives="1">
  <bouquet>1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.favourites.tv" ORDER BY bouquet</bouquet> <!-- Favourites (TV) -->
  <afterevent>auto</afterevent>
 </timer>

</autotimer>
That's what you'll get in your autotimers if you follow my instructions in the earlier post.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Thu Oct 15, 2015 17:41

I think the flagging of Rpt with square brackets around is regional in the FTA. In Melb it seems just as likely to be flagged with () or just Rpt.
Beyonwiz T4

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 17:53

simoncasey wrote:I think the flagging of Rpt with square brackets around is regional in the FTA. In Melb it seems just as likely to be flagged with () or just Rpt.
The networks hard at work to make things as convenient as possible, then?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Thu Oct 15, 2015 18:01

Encore!
Beyonwiz T4

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Thu Oct 15, 2015 18:51

prl wrote:
If you're a bit technical, you could start building your autotimer.xml file by hand.

Here's what my defaults entry and a typical autotimer look like. All you need to do is copy the autotimer entry for each series recording and paste in the name (timer name) and match (match string) entries, perhaps from your My Week page on IceTV.

<autotimer version="7">

<defaults avoidDuplicateDescription="3" searchType="exact">
 </defaults>

<timer name="The Ex-PM" match="The Ex-PM" enabled="yes" avoidDuplicateDescription="3" searchType="exact" overrideAlternatives="1">
  <afterevent>auto</afterevent>
 </timer>

</autotimer>
That's what you'll get in your autotimers if you follow my instructions in the earlier post.
I think I'll edit the .xml that will be much quicker. When we chatted earlier about (?i)rpt which line would you drop that in shortdescription or description or copy to both?

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Thu Oct 15, 2015 18:54

From my experience you need to have exclude filters for rpt on both description fields
Beyonwiz T4

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Thu Oct 15, 2015 18:57

Super helpful bunch you are. Thank you very much. I will get to work on my .xml after dinner. This will be much faster than keying it all in via GUI.

Return to “Pre-release Discussion”