Thoughts from a satisfied Beyonwiz user

Moderators: Gully, peteru

DaveJ
Apprentice

Thoughts from a satisfied Beyonwiz user

Post by DaveJ » Wed Mar 19, 2014 13:40

Misc thoughts

Hi all. Long time lurker, just joined so I can see the T3 stuff.

First, I need to thank all the regulars around here for all the help and tips posted over all these years. That includes the Admins, the beta testers as well as the regular posters. You have provided a lot of help to us, the general user community, to help us make best use of our Wizzers.

I have three of the boxes, including an original S1 which is still our mainstay loungeroom TV viewing device. It runs like clockwork - still untouched, with its original power supply. We also have a P2 ('cos of the different remote codes in the lounge) and a lite in the back room. All networked.

A few early niggles were largely resolved by firmware updates and we have been very happy with them. Their ability to allow recordings to be played back between units over a network, their ability to allow the recordings to be extracted to a PC, and their media playback (even if a little limited for codecs) suits us perfectly.

For quite a while I've been worried that they'd die (beyond Mark's ability to fix). I've often mused about what I'd be forced to buy to replace them. That worry is now over. I only hope the initial firmware release is fairly "bug free". It certainly "looks the goods". I'm up for at least two of 'em.

And I hope the official Beyonwiz people have already gifted at least a couple of new T3s plus a box of T3 parts and spares to Warkus in recognition of his service to the general user community.

ChocolateTeapot
Apprentice

Re: Thoughts from a satisfied Beyonwiz user

Post by ChocolateTeapot » Wed Apr 02, 2014 20:27

Well said Davej. Likewise, have had many years of faithful service from my P1, that first year it was made so much easier by the forum regulars, so thanks heaps for the guidance.

I have just placed order 298 and very glad it was for another Wiz. Was dreading any other box.

Looking forward to less playback lockups and reliable MKV audio.
Chocolate Teapot

Return to “Pre-release Discussion”