Rescan channels & remove crap selling ones on DP-S!

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Confused
Master

Rescan channels & remove crap selling ones on DP-S!

Post by Confused » Fri Aug 07, 2015 17:11

I have an old DP-S1 which doesn't even seem to get a mention on this site but I suspect that some members will know if there is an easy solution.

Basically I would like to remove all of the crap selling channels from appearing in the EPG channel lists. Is this possible?
Thanks In advance
T2,Topfield 7160,Harmony 650 Remote,TCL TV Model 70P10US,Chromecast

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Rescan channels & remove crap selling ones on DP-S!

Post by MrQuade » Fri Aug 07, 2015 17:29

The DP series all work the same way more or less, so the same advice works for all.

The best way to do it is to set up a favourites list on the DP-S1 and add only the channels you want.

Once that Favourites list is selected as the active list, then you never have to see the crapchannels in regular usage.

My DP-S1 is in a box now, so I can't recall exactly how to set up a favourites list, but I think it is accessed through the setup menu.
To select the active favourites list that you just created as the active one, you need to be viewing Live TV, and then press "List" or "Favourites" or something like that :).
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Aug 07, 2015 17:40

As MrQuade says, Favourites setup is the same in all models.

How to set up a Favourites list is described in the manual 9. Advanced setup: 1-1 Favourite.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Gully

Post by Gully » Fri Aug 07, 2015 18:48

Confused wrote:I have an old DP-S1 which doesn't even seem to get a mention on this site
You are posting in a section of the forum that includes DP-S1 in its name so that might be a slight exaggeration. :)
Cheers
Gully

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sat Aug 08, 2015 19:57

I found that I had created a couple of old favorite lists one for SD & the other for HD. I have already deleted the SD group & have already created a new favorite lit on all of the station that I wish to keep. Still appearing is a list of all services that Includes all of the stations that i don't want.

Do I have to access the EPG for only stations do I have to access it first from live TV, because I notice that my chosen list just appear automatically?
Thanks In advance

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Aug 08, 2015 20:20

Go to live tv.
Press list.
Select your favorites list.
Select a channel, and press ok.

That should set your favorites list, so you will now only see your favorite channels in the epg.

I'm not sure I exactly follow what you were saying in your last sentence.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Aug 09, 2015 07:49

In any case, once you've selected a Favorites list, only your Favourites channels will be shown in the EPG and the channel list, in Favorites list order.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 09:23

prl wrote:In any case, once you've selected a Favorites list, only your Favourites channels will be shown in the EPG and the channel list, in Favorites list order.
Don't forget the step of selecting a channel from the favorites (sic) list to 'activate' the list.
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Aug 09, 2015 09:30

Paul55 wrote:
prl wrote:In any case, once you've selected a Favorites list, only your Favourites channels will be shown in the EPG and the channel list, in Favorites list order.
Don't forget the step of selecting a channel from the favorites (sic) list to 'activate' the list.
Since MrQuade had posted how to do that two posts before mine, I didn't see a need to repeat it.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:14

I think that I am getting quite close to getting this problem sorted. Unfortunately I am having to dictate these postings onto a tablet as I can't get to my PC since I only had a hip replacement last week.

If I go to the screen where I create my favorites I've got 3 columns. The first column says group and beneath that the words all channels. The second column is the favourite list itself but it appears that there is no place on the screen to make any choices move up or down so I suppose that I have to pre write a list before I enter it here, the third column is headed all service.

If I use the list screen I can see that there is a place for favorites but it isn't reflecting what was on the screen mentioned above. I suppose there must be something somewhere that I've got to activate to get it to accept my list.
Thanks In advance

IanB
Wizard

Post by IanB » Sun Aug 09, 2015 13:08

That sound like the creation/configuration screen, under setup.

For live TV press the "FAV" button. Pick the group of favourites, then select a channel from that group and press OK.

That group will then become the "current" favourite group.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Aug 09, 2015 13:12

Confused wrote:...
If I go to the screen where I create my favorites I've got 3 columns. The first column says group and beneath that the words all channels. The second column is the favourite list itself but it appears that there is no place on the screen to make any choices move up or down so I suppose that I have to pre write a list before I enter it here, the third column is headed all service.
It's possible to re-order a favourites list. How to do it is described in the manual, in the section I cited earlier.
Confused wrote:If I use the list screen I can see that there is a place for favorites but it isn't reflecting what was on the screen mentioned above. I suppose there must be something somewhere that I've got to activate to get it to accept my list.
MrQuade earlier, and now IanB, have both answered that question.

All the best with your recovery from your hip replacement.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”