System Freeze while watching & playing back channel

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Chockstone
Apprentice

System Freeze while watching & playing back channel

Post by Chockstone » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:01

I've only had the Wiz for two days and loving it, but so far it has frozen up (remote unresponsive, picture frozen, etc), four times. All occurrences have been in relation to the SC10 (Southern Cross) channel here in Bendigo (central Victoria) where the signal is generally around the 75% mark, but can drop alarmingly down to 10% every now and then causing the expected picture break up.

Four lock ups:
- Twice while watching this channel
- Once while in the timer menu with the channel shown behind it
- Once while playing back a recording of said channel.

I'm assuming that the Wiz is not gracefully handling poor signal quality and gets itself lost trying to decode it. In this state the only button on the remote that works is the power down button and this takes several seconds to respond. When the system is powered back up, it does a HDD check successfully and seems otherwise okay again.

I have a TV Antenna Tech coming out on Friday to hopefully improve the situation so will reserve judgment until then on the Wiz, but even if this fixes the problem, it would be nice to know the Wiz can handle itself under rough conditions. Wiz techs please do some testing on this issue.

Otherwise very happy with the unit.
Michael in Bendigo.

Chockstone
Apprentice

Post by Chockstone » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:35

Just to report back on this issue. On Friday I got a new TV antenna called a "log periodic", and since then all digital channels are running at about 80% strength consistently and the Wiz has been functioning perfectly. Timer recording and playing back files without issues.

So it looks like my problems were all reception related afterall. Very happy with the Wiz - keep up the great work.

SimonB
Master

Post by SimonB » Mon Jun 25, 2007 22:21

Good to hear you got a resolution and welcome to the BW club!

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”