Release notes 01.05.350 & 01.07.350

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Release notes 01.05.350 & 01.07.350

Post by prl » Sat Feb 05, 2011 16:19

BEYONWIZ FIRMWARE RELEASE NOTES - 01.0X.350

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
  • Starting with this firmware release the release notes for the 01.05.xxx and 01.07.xxx updates will be combined. To facilitate this simplification the 01.07.xxx firmware number sequence3 has been changed to be comparable to the 01.05.xxx releases. Unless specifically noted all changes apply equally to both the 01.05.xxx and 01.07.xxx firmware releases.
    • For a DP-S1, DP-P1 or DP-H1 use the firmware version 01.05.350.
    • For a DP-P2 with a serial number lower than 1032098B00000 use firmware version 01.05.350.
    • For a DP-P2 with a serial number higher than 1032098B00000 use firmware version 01.07.350.
    • For a DP-P2TB, DP-Lite, DP-Lite i or FV-L1 use the firmware version 01.07.350.
      If you own a DP-P2 then please check the serial number to ensure that you use the correct firmware version. In the past some units have been shipped with the incorrect firmware version. Your unit could fail to operate if the incorrect firmware version is used.
  • The 01.05.350 firmware does not correctly display MPEG4 broadcasts such as those used in the 3D trials. Recordings will be performed correctly.
  • The 01.07.350 firmware does not have the ability to play ISO image files. Individual VOB files can be played.
  • References to the front panel display do not apply to the DP-Lite and DP-Lite i.
  • If you are upgrading from a firmware release earlier than 01.05.334 or 01.07.055 then, for proper unit operation, you need to perform a full service scan after the firmware update. (Ensure that "SETUP > Config. > Service Scan > Scanning Range" is set to "FULL" before you start the scan.)
  • If your unit has any internal hard disk reliability/stability issues, for example reporting that the disk is not formatted or a disk check keeps finding errors and can't correct them, then it is highly recommended that you reformat the internal hard disk after installing this firmware update.
  • All DP-P2TB users are strongly advised to upgrade to the 01.07.350 firmware release. This firmware is required to properly support the 2TB internal hard disk drive.
  • Some changes listed in this document were already present in the 01.07.055 firmware release. They are listed again here as they are new for 01.05.350.
01.0x.350 Changes:

PVR Enhancements:
  • The bug where an empty progress bar is displayed after a timer recording starts while
    you are watching time shifted live TV has been fixed.
  • The bug that occasionally corrupts the recording file header after playback has been fixed.
  • Audio dropouts on a service with AC3 audio have been reduced.
  • When the time-shift buffer is auto-saved as a recording the file will not be locked.
  • The time-shift buffer will not be retained as a hidden file. It will be deleted at the next boot.
  • The Meta data size bug when starting an instant recording has been fixed. (Technically this fix covers all issues related to "trunc" file shrinking.)
  • When opening the EPG, the "invalid function" X in the top right corner of the screen should no longer appear.
  • If a sound track doesn't contain any stream information, it will have the name of "English" by default rather than "Audio Track."
  • A timer event for a non-existing service will be displayed with exclamation icon.
  • The delay in starting audio output when changing services to a service with AC3 audio is now configurable via "SETUP > Config. > A/V Output > Audio Format > AC3 Audio Delay" menu item. It is only available when the "Audio Format" is set to "Passthrough".
  • The pop noise when changing to a service with AC3 audio can be fixed by using the "AC3 Audio Delay" menu item mentioned in the previous point.
  • The "Control locked" pop up should no longer appear in the single service EPG view.
  • DCM was fixed to correctly detect 7mate.
  • The timer list pop up was changed to list each entry with the addition of the LCN and weekday. The timer's add/edit pop up was changed to also display the LCN and weekday. A broken timer entry resulting from the original LCN being removed (as an action of DCM or clearing the service information) is now editable. A timer with an invalid LCN will be displayed with an LCN of 0 and service name of "---".
  • The cell shading bug in the single service EPG view has been fixed.
  • The bugs relating to a 24-hour event have been fixed. A side effect of the fix is to keep one-day (and even more) of past events.
  • Writing/Updating the recording header has been enhanced.
UI Enhancements:
  • The position of some selection pop-ups in the SETUP menu were matched to its menu item position
  • For the FV-L1, the help bar of "SETUP > Misc > File Player > Skip settings" displays OK button for changing skip units.
  • "Favorite" has been changed to "Favourite".
  • "Initialize" has been changed to "Initialise".
  • The "SETUP > System > Initialise > Clear Freeview Disk Cache" menu item has been removed from non-Freeview models.
File Playback Enhancements:
  • No progress bar update bug when playing a recording via the network (including WizPnP) on DP-H1 without a USB HDD has been fixed.
  • Front panel updates while playing CDDA/DVDA media has been enabled.
  • Recordings that list with a 0 second duration (due to a corrupted header file) can now be played if the sub-files are okay. The duration of the recording will be an estimated value.
  • Recordings with the Meta data size bug (see below) can be played successfully for the full duration of the recording.
  • When playing an ISO file, pressing the STOP button once will always correctly return to the File Player screen.
  • "Cut A-B" editing bug has been fixed.
  • Occasional audio glitching when playing a file with AC3 audio via WizPnP has been improved.
  • Resume play has been enabled for WizPnP file playback.
  • The tail bug of "Keep A->B" edits has been fixed.
File Management Enhancements:
  • Broken recording names like NINE_H~1.TVW after checking the hard disk will be handled as normal recordings if its contents are okay.
  • Immediately after a timer recording is started the File Player file list will be updated correctly.
  • For the DP-H1 pressing the RED (Detach) button when in the Recordings folder on a registered USB HDD will not cause a problem. To lock a file or to detach a USB HDD will be provided as appropriate.
  • Information updates for an active recording has been enhanced not to read from the header file but to read from the in-memory copy of the header data.
WizPnP Enhancements:
  • Existing SBS recordings with the name or description prefixed by a 0x05 character will be converted to UTF-8 by re-indexing. (Press the SOUNDTRACK button while in the File Player file list.)
  • Streaming will not stop earlier than expected due to missing data.
  • HTTP PUT bug has been fixed.
System Enhancements:
  • TV-OUT reset to P-HDMI-AUTO was enhanced. It will not reset to N-HDMI-AUTO any more.
  • The shutdown process of PVR thread before firmware upgrade has been enhanced.
  • Explicit HDD cache enable/disable was removed to enhance system reliability.
  • For the 01.05.xxx firmware, the internal dosfsck and mkdosfs programs have been upgraded to version 3.0.9. The situation where corrupted file system which could not be fixed with the previous dosfsck can now be fixed. (This has been in the 01.07.xxx firmware since 01.07.052.)
  • Writing configuration changes into the flash memory has been postponed until scanning for network drives has been completed.
  • For the DP-H1, a new USB drive can be correctly registered. It will have the "Recordings" folder.
  • The "Clear Service Information" SETUP menu item will no longer clear the timer list. It only clears the service information. The "Clear Timer" SETUP menu item has been added to clear timer list.
  • After selecting a factory default setting, you will be offered an option to restore the favourite and timer lists. The previous favourite and timer lists are saved in memory before the factory default setting is performed so you have one chance to restore those lists.
  • The timer list will not be cleared even after full service scan.
  • No HDD-related actions will be performed after HDD has been spun down during shutdown.
  • For the DP-S1 the pop up that requests the user to clear service information after a firmware upgrade was changed so as to not be replaced by "Press OK to play DVD" pop up. (The clear service information pop-up only appears if the service information data file uses the old format but the unit is running a firmware version that uses the new format file.)
  • For the DP-H1 the bug that caused file indexes not to be created after checking the registered USB HDD was fixed.
  • The "Clear Service Information" pop up will not be displayed in the manufacturing mode.
  • 2TB HDD support has been added. (This has been in the 01.07.xxx firmware since 01.07.069.)
  • HDD corruptions issue fixed
  • For the DP-Lite i the loop cable check pop up will be displayed before service scanning.
  • For the DP-Lite i the tuner information pop-up will be updated correctly when the antenna cable is removed.
Known Problems:
  • For the DP-H1, the Soft Padding Priority setting is ignored. When two timers have overlapping bodies or padding, the timers act similarly to a Soft Padding Priority setting of Pre-padding. However, when the later of the two timers starts, a screen popup is displayed. Independent of whether the user chooses OK/Stop or EXIT/Cancel live, or allows the pop up to time out, the earlier recording is stopped, and the second recording starts. The popup times out after one minute. The behaviour of the pop up is the same no matter which of the two timer information entries is selected in the popup. Also, the highlighting of the timers in the popup doesn't work correctly. When you select a new timer with UP/DOWN, the new timer is highlighted, but the old one remains highlighted as well.
  • For the DP-H1 only, when two timers are set for consecutive programs on different services, the recording conflict window appears at the beginning of the second timer.
  • Copying from a DP-H1 USB recording drive to a USB external HDD makes the PVR and file copy/moving feature crash.
  • For the DP-P2 using a USB disk or memory stick while capturing and/or watching channel 950 (A/V Input) may cause the LiDiC to lock up or even crash the system.
  • ISO image files over 2GB copied into the internal HDD will not be played correctly. Don't copy ISO image files over 2GB into the internal HDD.
  • MKV and H.264 AVI support:
  • Some files with unusual frame rates may not be played properly.
  • Some files with multiple audio tracks may not be played properly.
  • For some media formats which do not support trick mode play (the ability to skip within the file - sometime associated with the lack of an index) resume play cannot be provided.
  • If file playback is stopped by using the PREV (previous track)/NEXT (next track) buttons then the resume play position for that file will be lost.
  • In audio pass-through mode a movie with a WMA Pro audio track (typically, some of WMV files) will result in the unit freezing after a second use of a skip operation.
  • Files which require the WMV7 or WMV8 video codec cannot be played.
  • In HDMI auto mode, some LCD TVs display a black screen when starting playback of a DVD title. Use the TV-OUT button to restore the screen display.
  • In HDMI auto mode, some LCD TVs can display correctly on boot but may fail to display after using TV-OUT reset.
  • A 'view' timer can sometimes cause an 'HDD Check' procedure the next time you start the unit.
  • For the files with slow seeking performance, wait after each skip operation until the picture moves. (If you press long and release the skip button, it is one skip operation.)
01.0x.350 Release Notes
Copyright ? 2011, Beyonwiz Australia Pty Ltd
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

diesel
Wizard

Post by diesel » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:03

Good work Peter.

Can you clarify for me the note saying
Occasional audio glitching when playing a file with AC3 audio via WizPnP has been improved.
Whilst I observed this issue, I assumed it was related to the server or client machine having current recordings in progress meaning that there weren't enough resources for streaming the 'HD' file. Good to see this has been addressed to some point
Resume play has been enabled for WizPnP file playback.

Which device stores this resume point - the client or the server?
If I watched part of the file on the server machine, then went to the client would it use that resume point, or would the client start from the start and set it's own resume point?
3TB T3 on 4.4.20160729FW
DP-P1 on .320FW & life support...

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:19

diesel wrote:Good work Peter.

Can you clarify for me the note saying
Occasional audio glitching when playing a file with AC3 audio via WizPnP has been improved.
Whilst I observed this issue, I assumed it was related to the server or client machine having current recordings in progress meaning that there weren't enough resources for streaming the 'HD' file. Good to see this has been addressed to some point

Which device stores this resume point - the client or the server?
If I watched part of the file on the server machine, then went to the client would it use that resume point, or would the client start from the start and set it's own resume point?
I don't know the answer to the first one.

I haven't tried the second, but the resume play marker is normally stored by the wizpnp instance that's doing the playing, in the case of WizPnP, on the client.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:33

Hi Diesel,

As the original author of these notes let me give you my understanding of these points.
Beta testers are not given the code changes behind these fixes. It is possible that Beyowiz has increased the processor priority for the WizPnp process to give the streaming data flow a little more priority. If not this then it may be that they have increased the buffer size so that more of the AC3 data stream is buffered before playback. I suspect that what ever the change made it was to ensure that the AC3 data stream is less likely to be starved than before.
The resume pointers are stored in the machine playing the media stream. This allows two different units to be playing the same recording via WizPnP and hold different resume points.

Regards,
Ian.

diesel
Wizard

Post by diesel » Sun Feb 06, 2011 14:50

IanSav wrote:
The resume pointers are stored in the machine playing the media stream. This allows two different units to be playing the same recording via WizPnP and hold different resume points.
Very nice! That's a nice little win :)
3TB T3 on 4.4.20160729FW
DP-P1 on .320FW & life support...

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Sun Feb 06, 2011 22:17

I wonder if the AC3 handling improvements have made any impact on bug B1(a)....
The Bug List wrote:B1. Picture and sound issues, as follows:
(a)
regular sound dropouts on some amplifiers when audio is set to "passthrough" and while viewing a channel broadcasting AC3 audio (workaround - rewind into the buffer and view from there).
Is anyone in a position to test this?

baobab68
Master

Post by baobab68 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 16:18

I have a couple of questions about what the release notes actually mean; I hope this is the right thread to ask about this.

Specifically, these two items from "PVR Enhancements" section:

* The pop noise when changing to a service with AC3 audio can be fixed by using the "AC3 Audio Delay" menu item mentioned in the previous point.

* The "Control locked" pop up should no longer appear in the single service EPG view.

Does the first one mean that if I set up the AC3 Audio delay menu item, I shouldn't get a loud click when changing onto some channels?

Does the second one mean that if I scroll through the entire guide for a given channel, in single service view mode, the machine should no longer freeze?

The reason I'm asking is because both of these issues are still occurring for me on my DP Lite i, having upgraded to 1.07.350. Is there further testing I should do or information that I can provide? I did a complete channel re-scan but did *not* do a factory reset (yet).

It was still a worthwhile upgrade IMHO as the addition of the LCN and the day name to the timers screen is worth the price of admission in itself!

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Feb 07, 2011 16:55

Hi Baobab68,
baobab68 wrote:Does the first one mean that if I set up the AC3 Audio delay menu item, I shouldn't get a loud click when changing onto some channels?
Enabling this setting should reduce/eliminate the click/pop some people hear when they switch to a channel that uses an AC3 soundtrack. Are you decoding the AC3 audio or using "Passthrough"? On what channels do you note the problem? Are they HD channels with AC3 sound? When you enable the setting do you note a short delay before the audio starts?
baobab68 wrote:Does the second one mean that if I scroll through the entire guide for a given channel, in single service view mode, the machine should no longer freeze?
This fix relates to a pop up error box that sometimes appeared indicating that the UI Control had been locked out. Are you using the Beyonwiz original remote control? Are you pressing and holding the arrow button to scroll through large areas of the EPG? If so, have you tried using the GREEN and YELLOW buttons to do the big jumps and then use the UP and DOWN buttons to move around the local area of the EPG?

Regards,
Ian.

baobab68
Master

Post by baobab68 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 17:27

I will test the channels after dinner tonight. Is there a setup I can use where I can have HDMI video but have the audio carried via RCA leads? We don't really "need" AC3 anyway, but I do want to keep the video digital if I can.

I may be unique in the way that I use the EPG! I start on ABC (21) and scroll through the entire guide, tagging shows that I want to record. Then I move on to ABC2, etc. I don't get the chance to do it often - it takes a while!! (Side note: I would really love to be able to use the Channel up and down keys to be able to scroll through this screen a page at a time)

The scrolling suddenly stops and no buttons will recover from it. If I press EXIT, after about 30 seconds, all the text disappears, leaving only the preview window at top right, which continues to play video. After a further 30 seconds, the unit reboots. I should try to be patient and press no keys at all and see if it recovers.

I am using the original BW remote.

[/quote]

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Feb 07, 2011 18:24

Hi Baobab68,

What are the audio settings on your Beyonwiz? How do they compare to the settings suggested in the FAQ? What are the current devices and connections in use?

Do you hold your finger on the arrow buttons continuously or do remove it after a short while to allow the on screen scrolling text some time to catch up?

Regards,
Ian.

baobab68
Master

Post by baobab68 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 21:39

In terms of the EPG question, I do release the button in order to allow the screen (and my brain!) time to catch up. It seems to mostly hang when i do have the button held down, but I only go in short bursts anyway. It's rare that I go page after page without releasing.

Thinking that the EPG might be receiving an update while I am scrolling, I've also tried switching to the channel (within the EPG screen) and then waiting 10 seconds or so before scrolling at all.

For the audio 'click' question, I will answer following the contents of the FAQ:

- my volume setting is on about 35 on the BW and at the 50% mark on the Samsung TV.

- I have no analogue connection to the TV, only the HDMI cable. I don't definitively know what types of audio the TV can process. Most of the choices on the BW seem to result in there being audio from the TV.

- I do have the SPDIF connected to our amp, but we rarely turn the amp on. Our reception is slightly below par so we have some audio dropouts and the amp takes ages to recover from them. We use the amp when watching a media file though, sounds fine.

- I have now set the audio settings as recommended in the FAQ, including. I previously had them set to 2ch. I then flicked through the channels in my FAV list, three times in total. The results were different every time - I can document them here if you wish.

Is this a possible HDMI issue at my TV? I could feed the whole thing with component connections and see if the issue stops? I'm not hugely concerned about it, was only wondering if I should have that new 'AC3 delay' on or off.

Thank you for any input, I appreciate the time you're taking to reply.

fRuItCaKe
Apprentice

Re: Release notes 01.05.350 & 01.07.350

Post by fRuItCaKe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 05:50

prl wrote: The 01.07.350 firmware does not have the ability to play ISO image files. Individual VOB files can be played.
That's the deal breaker for me.

Most of my network stuff is in .ISO format. Fail to .350

IanB
Wizard

Post by IanB » Tue Feb 08, 2011 06:28

fRuItCaKe wrote:
prl wrote: The 01.07.350 firmware does not have the ability to play ISO image files. Individual VOB files can be played.

No 01.07.xxx firmware has ever been able to play .ISO or Video_TS trees, this is not new.

What model do you have?

What is the serial number (from the label on the back of the unit)?
_

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Feb 08, 2011 09:03

Hi Baobab68,
baobab68 wrote:In terms of the EPG question, I do release the button in order to allow the screen (and my brain!) time to catch up. It seems to mostly hang when i do have the button held down, but I only go in short bursts anyway. It's rare that I go page after page without releasing.
Try releasing the button more often and see if that makes a difference. Remember to use the GREEN and YELLOW buttons if you want to jump backwards and forwards 24 hours at a time.
baobab68 wrote:Thinking that the EPG might be receiving an update while I am scrolling, I've also tried switching to the channel (within the EPG screen) and then waiting 10 seconds or so before scrolling at all.
I have scrolled through the EPG during an update (though I usually stop scrolling when things start changing) with no ill effect.
baobab68 wrote:For the audio 'click' question, I will answer following the contents of the FAQ:

- my volume setting is on about 35 on the BW and at the 50% mark on the Samsung TV.

- I have no analogue connection to the TV, only the HDMI cable. I don't definitively know what types of audio the TV can process. Most of the choices on the BW seem to result in there being audio from the TV.

- I do have the SPDIF connected to our amp, but we rarely turn the amp on. Our reception is slightly below par so we have some audio dropouts and the amp takes ages to recover from them. We use the amp when watching a media file though, sounds fine.

- I have now set the audio settings as recommended in the FAQ, including. I previously had them set to 2ch. I then flicked through the channels in my FAV list, three times in total. The results were different every time - I can document them here if you wish.
The TV does not do AC3 so changing the AC3 settings is unlikely to change anything. Using the audio settings as per the FAQ is likely to offer you the best settings for the sound.
baobab68 wrote:Is this a possible HDMI issue at my TV? I could feed the whole thing with component connections and see if the issue stops? I'm not hugely concerned about it, was only wondering if I should have that new 'AC3 delay' on or off.
See above, this setting is only likely to affect your amplifier *assuming* it decodes AC3 signals.

It is possible that this is a HDMI issue. The test you suggest should help you to identify if the HDMI system is part of the problem.

Regards,
Ian.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:56

baobab68 wrote:- my volume setting is on about 35 on the BW and at the 50% mark on the Samsung TV.
EEEk, why? No wonder you are hearing noises. You have the amp in the TV turned up a LOT, it will amplify any tiny noises to be quite loud. You should have the Wiz near max, and the TV down a lot more. The Wiz (and any non-speaker containing device in a home theatre setup) is not a really a volume control, it is a volume reducer. By reducing it to the level you have, any small noises it may have as it transitions certain things like going from PCM to AC3 or whatever (e.g. pausing and unpausing) will be amplified by your very high TV volume.
Tony

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19

tonymy01 wrote:You should have the Wiz near max, and the TV down a lot more.
Agree. Wiz should be maximum and TV turned down. Also stops your eardrums from bursting when switching to the TV's internal tuner. :wink:

baobab68
Master

Post by baobab68 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 15:33

I have followed your audio suggestions and whaddya know - the click is much less obtrusive now! Thanks guys.

I always just assumed that one should put both volume controls around the middle of the range...we tend to use the BW remote mainly and only use the TV one for turning the TV on and off, so I've set the BW at near maximum, to give us a bit of leeway without having to pick up the telly remote.

In regard to the EPG, I'll just have to live with it I think. I only review the EPG a couple of times a month, maybe I can find a decent website to do it on.

fRuItCaKe
Apprentice

Post by fRuItCaKe » Wed Feb 09, 2011 07:48

IanB wrote:
fRuItCaKe wrote:

No 01.07.xxx firmware has ever been able to play .ISO or Video_TS trees, this is not new.

What model do you have?

What is the serial number (from the label on the back of the unit)?
_
You're right. I'm a dumbass. I've got an H1 so the 1.07.xx firmware doesn't apply.

Should have read correctly.

Chriso

polak
Apprentice

Post by polak » Wed Feb 09, 2011 19:55

Well so far I havnt' heard anyone complain about this release, "strange it must be okay" so I'll give it a go and be the first to winge.

whatgift
Apprentice

Post by whatgift » Fri Feb 11, 2011 17:25

Have I missed something or is this release the first one where the LCN number appears in the timer list next to each timer entry?
Not very useful feature for me personally, I guess it may be for some.

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 17:56

whatgift wrote:Have I missed something or is this release the first one where the LCN number appears in the timer list next to each timer entry?
1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

grampus
Wizard

Post by grampus » Fri Feb 11, 2011 19:40

whatgift wrote:Have I missed something or is this release the first one where the LCN number appears in the timer list next to each timer entry?
Probably the first public release.
And yes it the best thing since boiled lollies, I'd like to see it extended to other items.
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Feb 11, 2011 23:11

Hi Whatgift,
Let me guess, you use IceTV? ;)

Regards,
Ian.

whatgift
Apprentice

Post by whatgift » Sat Feb 12, 2011 22:54

IanSav wrote: Let me guess, you use IceTV? ;)
You would be correct, is that why I wouldn't care about it or why I've seen it for the first time?

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Feb 13, 2011 17:13

Hi Whatgift,
whatgift wrote:You would be correct, is that why I wouldn't care about it or why I've seen it for the first time?
This change makes managing timers on the Beyonwiz much easier. Users of IceTV tend to use the IceTV website (etc) to manage timers so they are less likely to notice or benefit from the changes.

Regards,
Ian.

BigbobOz
Master

Post by BigbobOz » Sat Feb 19, 2011 21:43

So the S1 isn't limited to 500GB anymore?

IanB
Wizard

Post by IanB » Sun Feb 20, 2011 06:22

BigbobOz wrote:So the S1 isn't limited to 500GB anymore?
There are still some concerns, see this post "Which 2TB SATA for DP-P2?", it applies equally to all models of BW.

Bruce85
Master

C31

Post by Bruce85 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 00:27

How come C31 (Queensland Community TV) is always displayed in 16:9?

The previous firmware version I used -- .05.320 -- had the same problem. I never experienced this problem on the earlier firmware versions.

Trial_Master
Guru

Post by Trial_Master » Sun Feb 27, 2011 18:47

Thanks for 01.05.350. I was having major issues with WizPnP streaming when on 01.05.334 but appears to be all good now and the resume is a much welcomed addition.

Good work!!!!

IanB
Wizard

Re: C31

Post by IanB » Mon Feb 28, 2011 07:00

Bruce85 wrote:How come C31 (Queensland Community TV) is always displayed in 16:9?

The previous firmware version I used -- .05.320 -- had the same problem. I never experienced this problem on the earlier firmware versions.
Not sure what you mean, but I will guess you are talking about the cycling of the zoom feature, 16:9, 4:3LB, 4:3PS. And it not using the initial value from the set-up screen.

Have you previously set a zoom lock on this LCN? (Pressing Zoom while in "TV Service" list).

Either set the lock to the mode you want or delete this LCN (Yellow in "TV Service" list) and then do a manual single channel rescan to put it back. You will loose this LCN from any Favourites and any timers for this LCN will be deleted (or flagged as error .350).

Bruce85
Master

Post by Bruce85 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 14:31

IanB wrote:
Bruce85 wrote:How come C31 (Queensland Community TV) is always displayed in 16:9?

Not sure what you mean, but I will guess you are talking about the cycling of the zoom feature, 16:9, 4:3LB, 4:3PS. And it not using the initial value from the set-up screen.

Have you previously set a zoom lock on this LCN? (Pressing Zoom while in "TV Service" list).

Either set the lock to the mode you want or delete this LCN (Yellow in "TV Service" list) and then do a manual single channel rescan to put it back. You will loose this LCN from any Favourites and any timers for this LCN will be deleted (or flagged as error .350).
What I mean is I can only watch it in one aspect radio: widescreen. Using the zoom button -- the one on the right of the "0" button -- does nothing. It remains in widescreen when I place it on 4:3 Letterbox and 4:3 Pan & Scan.

IanB
Wizard

Post by IanB » Mon Feb 28, 2011 14:53

Bruce85 wrote:What I mean is I can only watch it in one aspect radio: widescreen. Using the zoom button -- the one on the right of the "0" button -- does nothing. It remains in widescreen when I place it on 4:3 Letterbox and 4:3 Pan & Scan.
Ah the Mpeg2 stream must be flagged as 4:3 not 16:9 like every other digital channel. Doh! I would expect the 16:9 setting to pillarbox the display :o

Bruce85
Master

Post by Bruce85 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 19:18

IanB wrote:
Bruce85 wrote:What I mean is I can only watch it in one aspect radio: widescreen. Using the zoom button -- the one on the right of the "0" button -- does nothing. It remains in widescreen when I place it on 4:3 Letterbox and 4:3 Pan & Scan.
Ah the Mpeg2 stream must be flagged as 4:3 not 16:9 like every other digital channel. Doh! I would expect the 16:9 setting to pillarbox the display :o
The image is always stretched into a 16:9 aspect ratio that fills the entire screen. It's just like watching an analogue broadcast on a widescreen TV that has been set to 16:9 ratio. The only way I can get the aspect ratio to 4:3 is if I use the television remote. This is a pain.

daz_b
Apprentice

Post by daz_b » Sat Mar 26, 2011 17:07

The image is always stretched into a 16:9 aspect ratio that fills the entire screen. It's just like watching an analogue broadcast on a widescreen TV that has been set to 16:9 ratio. The only way I can get the aspect ratio to 4:3 is if I use the television remote. This is a pain.[/quote]

I think I read somewhere that Ch31 Brisbane only broadcasts digital in 4:3. For some reason the beyonwiz stretches this to fill the screen. If I watch it on another TV (Toshiba) using the inbuilt tuner, it displays the black bars at the sides.

Bruce85
Master

Post by Bruce85 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 20:15

daz_b wrote:The image is always stretched into a 16:9 aspect ratio that fills the entire screen. It's just like watching an analogue broadcast on a widescreen TV that has been set to 16:9 ratio. The only way I can get the aspect ratio to 4:3 is if I use the television remote. This is a pain.
I think I read somewhere that Ch31 Brisbane only broadcasts digital in 4:3. For some reason the beyonwiz stretches this to fill the screen. If I watch it on another TV (Toshiba) using the inbuilt tuner, it displays the black bars at the sides.[/quote]

That is correct. The older firmware versions didn't do it. It's only been the last 2 or 3 that do it.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 21:27

I am fairly sure the Wiz doesn't pillarbox FTA at all (i.e. if you set 16:9, it will send 4:3 broadcasted material full screen, but may send the appropriate flags if you are connected via analogue/SD to allow the WSS signalling to trigger the TV to 4:3 mode (pity 99% of TVs these days don't support this really, given WSS is born out of European standards and most TVs are made for the american market which uses a different signalling standard).
I know the Topfield 5K used to do this perfectly to my Loewe TV (for 4:3 broadcasted material)... but this was a loooong time ago.
Alll Aussie digital broadcasters really should be pre-pillarboxing like all the FTA ones are, given the Aussie standard for digital is meant to be 16:9 (so manufactures tend to make that assumption these days grr)
Regards
Tony

IanB
Wizard

Post by IanB » Sun Mar 27, 2011 06:59

IanB wrote:
Bruce85 wrote:What I mean is I can only watch it in one aspect radio: wide-screen. Using the zoom button -- the one on the right of the "0" button -- does nothing. It remains in wide-screen when I place it on 4:3 Letterbox and 4:3 Pan & Scan.
Ah the Mpeg2 stream must be flagged as 4:3 not 16:9 like every other digital channel. Doh! I would expect the 16:9 setting to pillar-box the display :o
Bruce,

Do recordings of stretch C31 programs pillar-box correctly on latter playback in the file player mode?

This may be a bug in the real time playback mode only.

FrankPoole
Apprentice

Post by FrankPoole » Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:45

Did the real-time clock display used to be shown with earlier firmware? I've just put on 01.07.350 on the DP-P2, but - during recording playback - can't seem to get it to show the current clock time on screen. Am I right in thinking it used to shown on the screen as part of the current playback position OSD?

Panasonic THP50V10A 50" V Plasma
Beyonwiz DP-P2
Popcorn Hour A-100
XBMC on Laptop via HDMI <sometimes>

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 08:04

FrankPoole wrote:Did the real-time clock display used to be shown with earlier firmware? I've just put on 01.07.350 on the DP-P2, but - during recording playback - can't seem to get it to show the current clock time on screen. Am I right in thinking it used to shown on the screen as part of the current playback position OSD?
You can't get the time of day while playing recordings from the FilePlayer. You can get time of day on the screen while watching live TV or timeshifted TV by pressing the INFO (i) button on the remote.

IIRC, it's never been possible to get time of day while playing recordings or media from the FilePlayer. Adding this functionality is wish W13(f).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

FrankPoole
Apprentice

Post by FrankPoole » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:15

prl wrote: You can't get the time of day while playing recordings from the FilePlayer. You can get time of day on the screen while watching live TV or timeshifted TV by pressing the INFO (i) button on the remote.

IIRC, it's never been possible to get time of day while playing recordings or media from the FilePlayer. Adding this functionality is wish W13(f).
Aha, must have mis-remembered. I thought, obviously wrongly, that the FilePlayer info bar had replaced the time of day with a large PLAY (triangle) icon. Thanks for your quick reply too, plus link to Wish

Panasonic THP50V10A 50" V Plasma
Beyonwiz DP-P2
Popcorn Hour A-100
XBMC on Laptop via HDMI <sometimes>

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:22

No problem :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system