Beyonwiz DP-P2 Remote Control Not working

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

SyNt4x
Apprentice

Beyonwiz DP-P2 Remote Control Not working

Post by SyNt4x » Mon Jul 20, 2009 21:54

Hi guys,

I havent had time to call Beyonwiz Australia as I have only just seen that its not working since i got home from work today. Thought i would post on here and try to get a response before i call tomorrow.

My Remote control BR-02 on my Beyonwiz DP-P2 doesn't doesnt respond on my tv that i programmed it with nor with my beyonwiz. When i try to reprogramme it back to my tv (holding down the TV button until its on solid then press the 3 digit code it seems to pickup the tv as it goes to a solid light but doesnt transmit. As my tv doesnt respond nor does the beyonwiz.

I have changed the batteries with brand new batteries. Checked the battery terminals and all is good. Im guessing its a stuffed remote control. Wish i had a logitech Harmony to test but i cant.

Is there any way i can reset the remote control to like a factory default for diagnostic purposes?

Cheers,

Andrew

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 22:49

I don't know, but you could try taking the batteries out for 5-10 minutes, and puuting them in again and seeing if that makes any difference.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Mon Jul 20, 2009 23:31

Seeing as it's also no longer working with your TV the following probably won't help... but check you have not accidentally changed it from a DP-P2 remote to a DP-P1 remote. Press and hold both the OK and number 2 buttons together until the STB light flashes.

It could be the problem some remotes have when cold where the crystal becomes out of spec and all button codes have moved to other codes. You can test this by pressing the stop button and checking if that turns the PVR off, or on.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

SyNt4x
Apprentice

Post by SyNt4x » Tue Jul 21, 2009 01:45

I have tried all of the above and no go.

is there any documentation regarding the prgramming of the remote control?

By the way one thing i forgot to mention is when you push a button on the remote either in STB mode or TV mode it only flickers dimly.

As in im in stb mode and i hold down the volume control to turn it up. THe STB button would normally flah fast and bright. But now it flashes fast, but very dim. Any other clues?

Cheers,

Andrew

hawk_eyes
Apprentice

Post by hawk_eyes » Tue Jul 21, 2009 03:00

SyNt4x wrote:As in im in stb mode and i hold down the volume control to turn it up. THe STB button would normally flah fast and bright. But now it flashes fast, but very dim. Any other clues?

Cheers,

Andrew
Sounds like the batteries are flat and the remote doesn't have enough power. Mine did that when using TV mode, so i replaced the batteries and it came good. I presume you tried using some fresh batteries?
DP-P2 01.05.320
HDMI to Phillips LCD TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 09:11

hawk_eyes wrote:
SyNt4x wrote:As in im in stb mode and i hold down the volume control to turn it up. THe STB button would normally flah fast and bright. But now it flashes fast, but very dim. Any other clues?

Cheers,

Andrew
Sounds like the batteries are flat and the remote doesn't have enough power. Mine did that when using TV mode, so i replaced the batteries and it came good. I presume you tried using some fresh batteries?
It does sound like a battery problem, but SyNt4x said in his first post:
SyNt4x wrote:...
I have changed the batteries with brand new batteries. Checked the battery terminals and all is good.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Jul 21, 2009 09:44

Hi,

Were those "new" batteries confirmed as good? It is possible that the batteries were old stock and not up to scratch.

Regards,
Ian.

SyNt4x
Apprentice

Post by SyNt4x » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:10

Thank IanSav,

You wouldnt believe it. since you said that it made me think if i had a faulty battery as i replaced them with brand new energizer batteries. so i grabbed some used ones from another device and it works perfect. I feel like a doosh bag by not trying other batteries, as you would expect new batteries to work.

Cheers,

Andrew

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:02

I had the same thing the other month, a new battery out of the pack with a complete short circuit in it (thus 2 batteries were giving the device 1.5V rather than 3).
Tony

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:46

Hi Andrew,
SyNt4x wrote:You wouldnt believe it. since you said that it made me think if i had a faulty battery as i replaced them with brand new energizer batteries. so i grabbed some used ones from another device and it works perfect. I feel like a doosh bag by not trying other batteries, as you would expect new batteries to work.
I'm happy it is sussed out and you are off and running again. :)

Regards,
Ian.

SyNt4x
Apprentice

Post by SyNt4x » Tue Jul 21, 2009 20:57

I think the happiest person about it working is my wife. She was fretting that she couldnt watch the rest of Harry potter that i recorded last weekend. So all is happy in the house now :)

Andrew

MsJayDen
On probation

Re: Beyonwiz DP-P2 Remote Control Not working

Post by MsJayDen » Tue Mar 05, 2019 18:26

I am so glad you posted this question, I too tried new batteries, and thinking it is a problem with the remote, it is probably the new batteries, that I have had for a while, aren't any good, and now I have an answer :D

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”