New firmware 1.05.261 avail on the Beyonwiz corporate site

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

New firmware 1.05.261 avail on the Beyonwiz corporate site

Post by tonymy01 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 02:06

Avail for all S1/P1/P2/H1
http://www.beyonwiz.com/support/download.php
Hopefully soon the Beyonwiz Australia site will offer it up and also provide notification to those who have subscribed to the VIP club.

It came as a shock to the beta testers (thanks for the heads up benhsau on the "features in upcoming releases" thread!) as we knew it was coming, but hadn't got our hands on this version (although it only had a couple of subtle changes to the last beta tested anyway, certainly nothing that needed thorough testing anyway).

A manual is being edited by Aussies (Wiz users here on the forum actually) and almost ready, which should make it a lot easier to work out the various new (and old!) features of the Wiz.

As was said previously, this has a tonne of improvements, and well worth the upgrade as it is has plenty of both bug fixes and new features, here are the release notes for the S1:

 File playback enhancements:
 Replaced Sigma Designs AVI playback code with an in-house implementation. You can use trick mode play on the previously not supported AVI files. Also, indexing over 2GB size is now possible.
 During playback, the front panel displays the playback position as a 6 digit time code (e.g. 00:00:01). While the play bar is displayed on the screen, the front panel displays the file name. After 5 seconds the play bar is closed, the front panel reverts back to time code display.
 When media file playback is paused, the front panel displays "PAUSE" alternating with the current playback position. The display alternates continually for 1 second each.
 Files with very long name can be played successfully.
 Resume play is provided up to 32 files recently played. The resume file list is kept and is available after a system shutdown/reboot. Resume play is only applicable for playback using the OK button, not for the PREV(|<<)/NEXT(>>|) button or multi-selection playback (using the BLUE button.)
 You can choose among Always/Ask/Disable options for resume play in Setup/Misc./Preference/Resume Play.
 Always: always start playback from resume point, if possible.
 Ask: If there is a resume point then before playback starts a pop-up appears to ask where playback should begin.
 Disable: always start playback from the beginning.
 A-B repeat can be set without the play bar displayed. The play bar is automatically displayed after A or B markers are set.
 A-B repeat is possible without the play bar being displayed.
 Stopping DVD playback when "Mute" is activated does not lock the unit in mute mode.
 Progress bar now displays as hh:mm:ss format.
 Pressing the popup key while playing a file now close the progress bar and then open the popup menu (as it does for time-shifting and live TV).
 Add exception handling for some cases of broken RADIO recording file (especially missing the stat file.)
 File management enhancements:
 Media files can be stored on the internal HDD under the contents folder.
 Recording files can be stored on the internal HDD under the recording folder.
 Delete confirmation pop up shows the name of the file to be deleted.
 The ?Pop-up? menu was revised for all media types.
 Folders and files on the internal HDD can be renamed using the ?Pop-up? menu.
 Empty folders on the internal HDD can be deleted using the ?Pop-up? menu.
 The estimated time of Copy/Move function on internal HDD is calculated based on internal HDD file transfer speed.
 The warning pop-up regarding the file size for an internal HDD Move function has been removed.
 The GREEN button deletes files and empty folders on the HDD, Network, USB drives and the Favorite list.
 Time-shift enhancements:
 When pause mode automatically de-activates after a long period, the front panel displaying "PAUSE" is fixed.
 There is a new feature to warn if the time-shift buffer is in use and the contents are at risk of being lost. You will be warned on service change/setup/file player attempt while time-shifting.
 This feature is turned ?On? or ?off? in Setup/Misc./Preference/Time-Shift Warning.
 The time-shift warning popup times out after 5 seconds and will cancel the that was going to cause the time-shift buffer to be lost. The default button on the pop-up is set to ?Yes.? so that you only need to press OK to make the change happen (the time-shift buffer contents will be lost).
 EPG enhancements:
 EPG events that coincide with the current time (now) are displayed with blue shading. The current event of current (active) service is a darker shade of blue.
 You can use the OK button to toggle timer recording/timer view/cancel timer of future programs. For current programs, the OK button only works for changing service.
 In Setup/Misc./Preference, ?EPG Action? was added with options ?Change Svc? or ?Set Timer.? Default is ?Change Svc.? Choosing "Change Svc" makes the OK button always change channel in the EPG, instead of setting timers for future programs.
 The PLAY button is assigned to set a view timer, same as the REC button is used to set a record timer. The STOP button is assigned to delete a timer, without a delete confirmation popup. Pressing PLAY button on a record timer will turn it into a view timer, and pressing REC button on a view timer will turn it into a record timer.
 Instant recording enhancements:
 If you attempt an instant recording while there are two recordings already active, a warning pop up will be displayed to allow the cancellation of active recordings.
 Instant recording when time-shifting is disabled is now operational.
 Timer enhancements:
 Date/Start Time changeable with channel up/down keys in the add/edit timer popup. End time and/or File Name can be updated with ok key or moving into adjacent lines.
 The add/edit timer popup of locked service will be automatically displayed as locked.
 In the add/edit timer popup, changing the date now changes the file name if the name starts with an *(asterisk).
 The on-screen keyboard GREEN ?Special Lock? button was corrected to be ?Special Characters.?
 Shutdown speed is enhanced:
 IceTV Remote schedule syncing on power off is prevented when the network is down or unavailable.
 WizPnP-related issue is solved.
 Setup enhancements:
 In the Setup page, you can move selection right with the setup key.
 Colour theme is applied. You can change the theme in Setup/Misc./OSD/Colour Theme.
 In Setup/Network/Setting/Network Device, the setting is not changed until you press red key to apply setting changes or answer "Yes" to the "Confirm changes?" prompt.
 Factory setting changed:
 Default keyboard order is changed to 2ABC.
 Default WizPNP server name is changed to ?beyonwiz.?
 Aspect ratio enhancements:
 Aspect ratio on WinTV service is enhanced on 16:9 displays. On 4:3 displays the workaround using the ZOOM button is still needed.
 The ZOOM button feature was changed. On Live TV, the ZOOM button changes aspect ratio between 4:3 and 16:9. In the file player, ZOOM button works as the classic(previous) zoom function (Zoom 1, Zoom 2 and Zoom 3.)
 During media file playback, number ?0? button changes aspect ratio between 4:3 and 16:9.

Known problems

 MKV and H.264 AVI support
 Some files with unusual frame rates may not be played properly.
 Some files with multiple audio tracks may not be played properly.
 Some files with embedded subtitles may not play properly.
 CD/DVD auto playing feature is not supported in the contents play page.
 For some media formats which do not support trick mode play, resume play cannot provided.
 If playback of a file is stopped using the PREV or NEXT buttons, the resume position of that file will be lost.
 The front panel displays "PAUSE" changed with the current playback position when recording file playback is paused. But the display does not alternate continually.
 The ?Copy? and ?Move? menu items in the ?Pop-up? menu is enabled for files on a WizPnP server, but do not work.
 The ?New Folder? menu item in the ?Pop-up? menu is enabled for files on a WizPnP server, but should not be used. Newly created folder is shown on the file list but will vanish.
 In audio passthrough mode, files with WMA Pro audio track file (typically, some WMV files) will cause a freeze after a second skip operation.
 In HDMI auto mode, some LCD TVs display black screen when start playback of a DVD title. With TV-OUT button, screen can be restored.
Regards, and enjoy all.
Tony

xnikx
Master

Post by xnikx » Wed Aug 13, 2008 07:46

Oh YAY! WinTV is finally fixed! About bloody time..thankyou, thankyou! Enjoying the faster channel changing too.

diesel
Wizard

Re: New firmware 1.05.261 avail on the Beyonwiz corporate si

Post by diesel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 08:05

tonymy01 wrote: A manual is being edited by Aussies (Wiz users here on the forum actually) and almost ready, which should make it a lot easier to work out the various new (and old!) features of the Wiz.
Tony, I presume the Manual will be tied to the current features as delivered in .261? so older versions of tyhe manual are still a better reference for users with older FW?

Certainly looks like a big release this one, with many new features and some bug fixes.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 08:52

The manual is getting a rewrite because it needs it. There is too many things poorly explained in the older manuals. The Korean-English "quirks" are also getting removed, so should make some things easier to follow. Obviously in line with all the new features that the last couple of f/w revisions brought (bookmarks etc), and obviously this f/w (new preference menu options for timeshift buffer loss, EPG navigation, resume preference, new popup features, new copy options etc etc etc) it was decided it was best to do a bit of a rewrite.
Tony

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:18

Hi Tony,
tonymy01 wrote:The manual is getting a rewrite because it needs it. There is too many things poorly explained in the older manuals. The Korean-English "quirks" are also getting removed, so should make some things easier to follow. Obviously in line with all the new features that the last couple of f/w revisions brought (bookmarks etc), and obviously this f/w (new preference menu options for timeshift buffer loss, EPG navigation, resume preference, new popup features, new copy options etc etc etc) it was decided it was best to do a bit of a rewrite.
We haven't shown our efforts to Beyonwiz yet. They still may make changes on us. ;)

(I noticed that some of the rewrites and English corrections on the release notes didn't make it into the final version. ;))

Regards,
Ian.

envyc

Some kind of awesome!

Post by envyc » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:59

What a revelation into the true capabilities of the S1 this firmware has delivered. The new .avi playback engine absolutely justifies the faith buyers have placed in this device. Playback is now "almost" instantaneous and FF and RW search is much smoother and more responsive. The resume playback functions are a long overdue capability and are a huge enhancement to the usability of the devices.

Colour choices for the UI are a relatively small but highly aesthectic improvement.

Going forward I would like to see improvements to the design and navigation of the UI.
Primarily I would like some sort of control over the screen layout, including the ability to see more list items on a single screen by maybe turning off the top (media type) and bottom (button assignments) panels as an example.

Given the growing prevalence of large screen (100cm+) TVs, some form of preference control over the display to make more use of the available screen area would be desirable.

All in all, this is a big leap forward for the S1 and hopefully will be capitalised on to resolve outstanding bugs before embarking on the delivery of new features and UI improvements.
DP-S1 + Sony Bravia KDL-40XBR
.280 Firmware.
Thecus N5200PRO NAS

diesel
Wizard

Post by diesel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 13:43

This is sounding very promising guys. Is it too early to say well done BW and Beta testers? :wink:

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 14:50

I have just installed it and played with it for about 10 mins or so. Seriously well done to all beta testers, suggestors of improvements and Beyonwiz programmers. This is truly turning out to be a beast of a PVR and as envyc states repays our faith in sticking with our purchase decision.

Keep up the great work and kudos to everybody involved!

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 16:57

I have a created a sub-folder accidentally and now the Wiz won't let me delete it. It says "can't delete non-empty folder". The folder is "empty" of all "visible" files.

Any suggestions to get rid of it?

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 17:01

Hmm, that was one of the 260 bugs we picked up that they claimed would be fixed in 261. Just rename it to something you might want to keep. Why get rid of it :-)?
Tony

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 17:06

tonymy01 wrote:Hmm, that was one of the 260 bugs we picked up that they claimed would be fixed in 261. Just rename it to something you might want to keep. Why get rid of it :-)?
I accidentally created the same "folder" as a subfolder of one I already have ie "Scrubs" has a subfolder called "Scrubs".

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 17:07

Did you restart? I can't comment as I had the same issue with the past couple of betas :-) (It is easy to delete it in telnet :-)).
Tony

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 17:12

Have restarted but not a "cold boot"

arthurbach4
Master

Post by arthurbach4 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 17:21

I am sure it is easy, but is it possible with this new firmware to change that awful faded blood colour on the channel information to something more ... happy?

Thanks.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Aug 13, 2008 17:30

arthurbach4 wrote:I am sure it is easy, but is it possible with this new firmware to change that awful faded blood colour on the channel information to something more ... happy?

Thanks.
Setup>Config>Misc>OSD>Colour Theme :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Jiml
Apprentice

Post by Jiml » Wed Aug 13, 2008 18:25

pjc3 wrote:I have a created a sub-folder accidentally and now the Wiz won't let me delete it. It says "can't delete non-empty folder". The folder is "empty" of all "visible" files.

Did you initialize your Wiz after the firmware upgrade ??

If not, I suggest you give it a try.

With all the added features it ensures that you don't get a conflict beween existing and new features..

I did this and I am able to create and delete folders without any difficulties..

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 18:36

Have you created a folder within a folder though? This might be the "catch"?
I haven't done a factory reset in almost a year.
The folder I accidentally created when playing with the beta's was in the root directory (top level directory) and supposedly 261 was meant to fix the delete bug.
Actually, is there 2 ways of deleting, one with a coloured button and one with a popup? I seem to remember there being mention of a quirk with one way vs the other (button may only be for files, popup is for directory or something silly like that).
Tony

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 18:44

I tried renaming and now the folder has an extension .tvw
still can't delete it.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 18:52

Hmm, did you have the USB tweak to fix stat files? Remember, the tweak loader is still active after a f/w upgrade. S02recfixer will create stat files in all the folders you create!As its primary job is to look thru the recording folder and see if there is any folders with the stat file missing. Then the Wiz won't be able to delete the folder as there is a file in it.
This is only for the recording folder. Any other folder it won't touch. It only does the repair on bootup from standby.
Regards
Last edited by tonymy01 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

bolo125
Apprentice

Post by bolo125 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 18:54

wow indeed sounds like a biggish realese...fingers crossed no new bugs introduced!

2 questions to all the beta testers (i'm away from my home and can't test it for 2 weeks now):

- has the annoying audio 'passthrough' bug been fixed (audio drop-outs)

-has the ICETV cache issue been resolved?? I've unsubscribed from ICETV because of that bug and now can't even get the free EPG information.

Jiml
Apprentice

Post by Jiml » Wed Aug 13, 2008 19:13

tonymy01 wrote:Have you created a folder within a folder though? This might be the "catch"?
I haven't done a factory reset in almost a year.
The folder I accidentally created when playing with the beta's was in the root directory (top level directory) and supposedly 261 was meant to fix the delete bug.
Actually, is there 2 ways of deleting, one with a coloured button and one with a popup? I seem to remember there being mention of a quirk with one way vs the other (button may only be for files, popup is for directory or something silly like that).
Ok..
I've created several folders within folders and have been able delete them all using both the popup menu and the green button..
No problems..

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 19:17

Interesting that the pop-up menu has the delete option greyed out for me.

I'm pretty sure it is a corrupted folder - it has the file extension which isn't removed when renaming.

Starionx
Master

Post by Starionx » Wed Aug 13, 2008 19:23

I posted this in the "upcoming features" thread, but is more appropriate here -

Starionx wrote:From memory, the BW will store only a set amount of resume markers (30?), before they get overwritten with new ones. Does this mean if you have 10 markers, and you delete a file with a marker, the BW will then remove the marker from it's list and reduce the count to 9 (and the next resume marker created will become 10)... or... will it do nothing with the marker associated with the deleted file, and the next resume marker created will become 11?

The first scenario means that if you never reach the max amount of concurrent markers stored, those files will always have the marker set.
The second scenario will mean that no matter how few concurrent markers you have, eventually, you will start losing some as files with the resume marker get added and deleted.

From my point of view, the first scenario is the best option.
Well I did some testing, and as I feared, scenario 2 is in effect. So it would seem that everytime you create a resume marker, it just adds one to the count and when it gets to the end, it overwrites the first one and continues.

That sux.

On another tragic note, file playing from the network (in my case, wired) is broken a bit.
I only have AVI files, so can't comment on other types of files.
I play a file from the beginning, all is ok. If I pause, then play, all is ok, BUT if I do any skipping, the audio and video become out of sync and stay that way.
If I have Resume set to never, and stop the file and start it again, all is ok until I try skipping which brings up the sync problem.
If I have Resume set to always, and stop the file and restart it, the file starts where I stopped it and the audio and video are still out of sync.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Aug 13, 2008 19:28

Hi Starionx,

Edit: It looks like this is intended to be the main copy of a cross-post so I will duplicate my post here. This is why we *really* don't like cross-posts!

Have you confirmed that the index data on these files is intact? The only time I could make this happen was on a damaged AVI file. Another file had an unexpected header that confused one of the betas but this was fixed by Beyonwiz. None of the AVI files I have tried have lip-sync issues with the last beta (or the release version).

If you have a file that causes a problem for the Beyonwiz then can we have a sample for analysis?

Regards,
Ian.
Last edited by IanSav on Wed Aug 13, 2008 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Starionx
Master

Post by Starionx » Wed Aug 13, 2008 19:29

IanSav wrote:Hi Starionx,

Please don't cross post.

My comments are after your original post.

Regards,
Ian.
Speaking of 'sync' issues, I've posted in the other thread as to why I've posted here. Now I'm not sure whether to answer your question here, there or everywhere... so I will summarise what you asked, and respond.

When I did my testing for the Resume markers, I used 30 AVI files. Every one of them played fine, until I did a skip, which caused the audio & video to go out of sync. I would think it improbable that all those files had header problems. I created the files using Alltoavi, from original DVDs which I transfered to HDD using Dvdshrink (with no shrinkng).

diesel
Wizard

Post by diesel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 20:28

prl wrote:
arthurbach4 wrote:I am sure it is easy, but is it possible with this new firmware to change that awful faded blood colour on the channel information to something more ... happy?

Thanks.
Does this change all colour schemes or just the background in the setup and file player menu

Starionx
Master

Post by Starionx » Wed Aug 13, 2008 20:40

diesel wrote:
prl wrote:

Thanks.
Does this change all colour schemes or just the background in the setup and file player menu
All colour schemes.

On a positive note (for me), the epg guide no longer 'advances' every minute. :)

diesel
Wizard

Post by diesel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 20:45

Jiml wrote: Did you initialize your Wiz after the firmware upgrade ??
I presume a "initialize" will reset the BW but not delete any recordings on the HDD?

Jiml
Apprentice

Post by Jiml » Wed Aug 13, 2008 20:47

diesel wrote:
Jiml wrote: Did you initialize your Wiz after the firmware upgrade ??
I presume a "initialize" will reset the BW but not delete any recordings on the HDD?
That's correct.. All my recordings remained in tact..
The HDD is handled seperately..

macca
Apprentice

Post by macca » Wed Aug 13, 2008 21:37

So, this slow and laborious process of creating directories and copying files into them, is it likely we'll even get a firmware that could perhaps mimic an FTP setup, sort of like a WizFX in reverse so we can manage files through a GUI rather than a remote?

12 months down the track and we're still waiting...and waiting...and waiting...for the all-singing all-dancing NMP we were promised in 2007.

Very disappointed now, yeah to the ability to change on-screen colours :roll:

How about a bit more effort into the back end of the firmware so we can really appreciate the work the beta testers have done so far.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Aug 13, 2008 21:45

macca wrote:So, this slow and laborious process of creating directories and copying files into them, is it likely we'll even get a firmware that could perhaps mimic an FTP setup, sort of like a WizFX in reverse so we can manage files through a GUI rather than a remote?
The HTTP server in the BW that does the heavy lifting for WizFX is supposed to support the HTTP PUT request, which would allow WizFX to put files onto the BW, but it has a couple of bugs that stop it working. I've posted fixes in the beta forum, but I haven't yet checked whether they've been applied to the current firmware. Until those bugs are fixed, there's nothing that WizFX (or the open-source alternatives) can do about copying recordings to the BW.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Wed Aug 13, 2008 22:08

Index loading is definitely, noticeably faster with this new formware, going by my experiences last night. I'd say at a rough guess that index loading time has been cut by half, and it's even faster when the file is being played from the Beyonwiz's HDD.

Well done, engineers :)

I am still not going to shut up about the urgent need for a "Play One / Play All" setting until we get it though :lol:

Orf
Master

Post by Orf » Wed Aug 13, 2008 22:25

pjc3 wrote:I have a created a sub-folder accidentally and now the Wiz won't let me delete it. It says "can't delete non-empty folder". The folder is "empty" of all "visible" files.
Try putting a file in the folder then delete that file. The BW may now realise that the folder is empty.

cartman
Apprentice

Post by cartman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 23:25

Starionx wrote:So it would seem that every time you create a resume marker, it just adds one to the count and when it gets to the end, it overwrites the first one and continues.
OK, after a short time of playing with the new FW and a look the release notes this looks like a great release - BUT...
The resume feature has made it even more important for BW to fix the broken (yes, IMO it is definitely broken) way it continues playing the next (previous!) recording once the end of the currently playing one is reached.
The way it works now, if you get to/past the end of a recording (without 'selecting' it (with the blue key) first) and the next (previous!) recording had a resume point saved, you have now lost it.
And, 'selecting' a recording and playing it deletes the resume point, so you can't 'protect' the next (prevous!) recording from losing its resume point when you get to the end! (Unless of course the recording you want to watch has no resume point or you don't want to resume that recording in the first place.)

So, now we need the single vs. select feature to work logically. ie. if you don't select and just hit OK, it will play the currently highlighted file and return to the recording list (or live TV - configurable?) and you can make 'safe' use of resume, or if you do select first (that probably means you are not interested in resuming) then each file is played in turn (in the order they were selected maybe, instead of backwards as it is now?)

Note: If you are within the first 30 seconds of a recording the resume point save does not get triggered, so if you press stop before that then you are 'safe' - BUT...
If you are watching this recording by virtue of having just got to the end of the previous (next!!) one, then this is not the case, and the resume point is in fact deleted.

On another note, channel changing seems to me to be about the same, possibly slightly faster...

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Thu Aug 14, 2008 00:42

cartman wrote: So, now we need the single vs. select feature to work logically. ie. if you don't select and just hit OK, it will play the currently highlighted file and return to the recording list (or live TV - configurable?) and you can make 'safe' use of resume
Amen to that. And a new reason for a play-one-only default that I hadn't even considered.

This SURELY must be a dead-simple thing for the engineers to add. The default should be to only play the file you hit OK on. Period.
On another note, channel changing seems to me to be about the same, possibly slightly faster...
It's definitely very noticeably faster on my P1.

Paranoid666au
Master

Post by Paranoid666au » Thu Aug 14, 2008 01:31

Um, I'm not sure if this has been answered before but what happens when you try and transfer a media file that exceeds the 4GB FAT32 file limit onto the Wiz?
P1 01.05.280HDMI>Onkyo 606>HDMI-DVI>NEC plasmaH1 01.05.280YPrPb>Sony HD CRT | Coax>Yamaha HTR-5550
FoxtelHD AppleTV>Hauppauge HD PVR

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Thu Aug 14, 2008 01:43

Paranoid666au wrote:Um, I'm not sure if this has been answered before but what happens when you try and transfer a media file that exceeds the 4GB FAT32 file limit onto the Wiz?
Someone in one of these threads said it worked. Haven't tried it myself as of yet, though.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 02:32

I hit my Optus limit trying to download an 8G AVI to test it, but the Koreans assure us that it splits the file up into chunks somehow.
Tony

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 05:03

Orf wrote:
Try putting a file in the folder then delete that file. The BW may now realise that the folder is empty.
Thanks for the suggestion, but had already tried that without success.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 08:38

You haven't answered my question, are you running (or were you running) the USB tweaker f/w in the past, as the file fixer for the stat file issue will plonk a stat file into any folder you create inside the recording folder (assuming folders can be created in there, all mine are in the root folder, not sure I have tried creating one in there).
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 09:42

Paranoid666au wrote:Um, I'm not sure if this has been answered before but what happens when you try and transfer a media file that exceeds the 4GB FAT32 file limit onto the Wiz?
According to Hanjo (makinen), the copy process splits the media file into chunks in a similar way to what the BW already does for its own recordings. Hanjo says that the upper limit for media files is 512GB, which should satisfy most folk :) I haven't verified either, but I see no reason to doubt them.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

bbar
On probation

Post by bbar » Thu Aug 14, 2008 09:51

It appears the "Stutter" issue is still there. Recorded 7 programs last night and 2 have the "stutter" at about the 8 second mark.

Both 9HD; however another one was also 9HD and it was fine.

One was with two timers being activated at the same point; however the second was a timer recording all by itself.

Files work fine on play.

Bryan

bbar
On probation

Post by bbar » Thu Aug 14, 2008 09:53

Neon Kitten wrote:
cartman wrote: So, now we need the single vs. select feature to work logically. ie. if you don't select and just hit OK, it will play the currently highlighted file and return to the recording list (or live TV - configurable?) and you can make 'safe' use of resume
Amen to that. And a new reason for a play-one-only default that I hadn't even considered.

This SURELY must be a dead-simple thing for the engineers to add. The default should be to only play the file you hit OK on. Period.
It's definitely very noticeably faster on my P1.
Agree this is a must have feature

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05

bbar wrote:It appears the "Stutter" issue is still there.
Yes, still there, same as the last firmware.
One was with two timers being activated at the same point; however the second was a timer recording all by itself.
It's a 100% reproducible problem that doesn't seem to have anything to do with system activity at the time of recording.

I'd put the "stutter start time" at 10 seconds, though. Oh, and since we got resume play, I've noticed something else - the stutter happens *10 seconds after resume anywhere in the program* on affected recordings - but only (as far as I've observed so far) when you play that recording for the first time after entering the file player.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:14

I notice the stutter on Nine HD in Sydney is the worst, at first I think the Wiz has frozen as it just stops dead for about 1.5seconds (seems like an eternity) and then just continues on its merry way. Most other of these "loading hiccups" are extremely brief.
Could it be when the audio is AC3 5.1 it is worse (Nine in Sydney is permanent 5.1 audio now... unfortunately.... I say unfortunately because most of the time it is faked with whatever system they use to generate 5.1)?
Regards
Tony

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:11

tonymy01 wrote:I notice the stutter on Nine HD in Sydney is the worst, at first I think the Wiz has frozen as it just stops dead for about 1.5seconds (seems like an eternity) and then just continues on its merry way.
Yep, exactly the same on 9HD in Melbourne.

The actual stopping for around 1.5 seconds seemed to appear in firmware 247, though. Previous to that it just stuttered a bit.

bolo125
Apprentice

Post by bolo125 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:20

Has the ICETV issue been resolved?? I cannot test it since I've resigned from ICETV due to that issue. Can someone please help??

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:36

bolo125 wrote:Has the ICETV issue been resolved?? I cannot test it since I've resigned from ICETV due to that issue. Can someone please help??
"The IceTV issue"? Which one, in particular?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:39

You might have to ellaborate, what issue? It is like someone asking if the optical output issue had been resolved, again, what issue?
Most of use have no issues with the optical out (apart from when the WIz sends out lower than 32kHz PCM most amps won't decode that, and when it decodes AAC there is nothing out the SPDIF unless changed to 2/5.1channel mode).
Regards
Tony

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”