Firmware 01.05.247 Available

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

mankmeister
Apprentice

Firmware 01.05.247 Available

Post by mankmeister » Thu Jun 05, 2008 15:08

Now on www.beyonwiz.com for all 3 models.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Firmware 01.05.247 Available

Post by prl » Thu Jun 05, 2008 15:20

mankmeister wrote:Now on www.beyonwiz.com for all 3 models.
Hmmm. Good, but no release notes there; and no new version on www.beyonwiz.com.au (yet).
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Thu Jun 05, 2008 15:23

:shock: I hope it's similar to .243, because that is what we beta tested......

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jun 05, 2008 15:24

madmax wrote::shock: I hope it's similar to .243, because that is what we beta tested......
Hence (in part) the question about the release notes...
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

mankmeister
Apprentice

Post by mankmeister » Thu Jun 05, 2008 15:26

Release notes are in the zip file:

Firmware release note ( 01.05.247 )

- In the TV/Radio service list popup, you can edit the service name using the info button.
- After factory setting is applied, the Mute popup cleared with default volume.
- ?No event information availeble? in the Info popup of recording file list fixed to ?No event information available?
- In Movie-HDD-/recording/ of contents player, the recording file list will be updated automatically if new timer started
- Live broadcast can be paused with time-shift buffer less than 10 seconds. But if the pause button is pressed again or another trick mode button is pressed after pausing with time-shift buffer less than 10 seconds, live broadcast will be played again rather than playing from paused position.
- CD/DVD auto playing feature is supported, but not in the contents play page.
- The A-B repeat feature for AVI and MKV formats is revised.
- For the models except DP-S1, disabling DTS audio is revised to don?t allow DTS audio mistakenly.
- The bug that mistakenly renaming the on-going timer that its name is edited or already given by EPG
- Bug fix for SMI display
- The case that hang up with a message ?Error 0022? during boot time is fixed.
- The bug that can?t select ?Current Program? in the instant recording pop-up is fixed.
- Improved features or functions from feedback of the beta testers
* Add exception handling for some cases of broken recording file (especially missing the stat file.)
*Setup/Time
- The setting problem of Time offset of MODE MANUAL fixed

Known problems

- MKV and H.264 AVI support
- Some files with unusual frame rates may not be played properly.
- Some files with multiple audio tracks may not be played properly.
- CD/DVD auto playing feature is not supported in the contents play page.

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Thu Jun 05, 2008 15:29

Okay, the only addition I think I can see from .243 is:

"- The bug that can?t select ?Current Program? in the instant recording pop-up is fixed."

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 15:32

247?... how does this differ to the 243 revision that the beta testers were testing?
edit: wow, there was only one post here when I started my post! Then waited for the d/l to read the release notes, then posted... and 6 people sprung onto the thread!
Regards
Tony

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Thu Jun 05, 2008 15:40

Hi,

Hmmm, 4 minor revisions *after* the version that was beta tested. Here's hoping there are no new intoduced issues.

By the way, there should be another fix that isn't in the release notes. The Beyonwiz now remembers the audio selection for every channel. That is if there are multiple audio options (MPEG, AC3) for a channel then if you make a selection then that selection will now be remembered.

Regards,
Ian.

Wiz HQ
Site Admin

Post by Wiz HQ » Thu Jun 05, 2008 16:40

Hi All,
Firmware is available on this site now

Wiz HQ

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:44

So far so good, I gave it a bit of a hammering over the last hour. Still has the SDE aspect ratio bug :-(
Are the font colours back to normal now? I notice the sleep, volume etc has nicer graphics too.
Regrds
Tony

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 19:10

I feel the time to load over network is better ... still not as quick as .192 but an improvement on 235. And of course no more scrolling channel names :D :D :D
Philip

bolo125
Apprentice

Post by bolo125 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 19:39

Has the IceTV cache issue been solved? Very annoying

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Jun 05, 2008 19:49

Nope, the cache is not being used, well at least it was not in 01.05.243 - things may have changed for 01.05.247

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Thu Jun 05, 2008 23:49

two words.... INSTANT RECORDING

unless something has gone seriously wrong with my firmware updating (and for whoever responds, please can you first "check" the issue on your own machine) instant record is no longer working....

and what's going on with the forum tonight - access is super slow....

Mork
Master

Post by Mork » Thu Jun 05, 2008 23:59

singlefished wrote:two words.... INSTANT RECORDING

unless something has gone seriously wrong with my firmware updating (and for whoever responds, please can you first "check" the issue on your own machine) instant record is no longer working....

and what's going on with the forum tonight - access is super slow....
When you say "INSTANT RECORDING" I presume you mean hitting the REC button in Live view. If so, then works for me fine.
Back to the Forum with a new V2. (RIP my ever trusty DP-S1 and DP-Lite) :D

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Fri Jun 06, 2008 00:10

Mork wrote:When you say "INSTANT RECORDING" I presume you mean hitting the REC button in Live view. If so, then works for me fine.
Hi Mork - yup. Press the record button in live view brings up the recording menu, but the second press of record does nothing and even scrolling down to press accept doesn't work.

Note - I have changed some of the channel display names to stop the front display scrolling, might this be causing the issue???

Also note - timer recording works fine as Stargate just started recording about 10mins ago.

I will reinstall the firmware again and leave the channel display names as default to see if this rectifies the issue....

rpoppes
Apprentice

Post by rpoppes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 00:54

singlefished wrote:
Mork wrote:When you say "INSTANT RECORDING" I presume you mean hitting the REC button in Live view. If so, then works for me fine.
Hi Mork - yup. Press the record button in live view brings up the recording menu, but the second press of record does nothing and even scrolling down to press accept doesn't work.

Note - I have changed some of the channel display names to stop the front display scrolling, might this be causing the issue???

Also note - timer recording works fine as Stargate just started recording about 10mins ago.

I will reinstall the firmware again and leave the channel display names as default to see if this rectifies the issue....
Work fine for me as well.
I also have changed the names of the channels.

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 00:57

Mork wrote: When you say "INSTANT RECORDING" I presume you mean hitting the REC button in Live view. If so, then works for me fine.
Just tried it then: hitting the record button during live viewing (no timeshift buffering) brought up the recording dialogue box, but I was sure that in earlier firmware versions you could just hit the record button a second time and off it would go.

Now, hitting record a second time has no effect. And neither does hitting "Accept". The only thing that works is "Cancel" or Exit.

However, shortly after the dialogue box comes up after the first press of record, the "REC" light on the display lights up along with one of the tuner lights. If I then hit "cancel" or "exit" and wait, the "REC 1" light goes out. Nothing is recorded to the hard disc.

Also in instant recording, there's another bug here:

In that dialog, if I scroll down to "Starting point" and hit the left or right keys, the default text remains ("Live") but the words "Live" in white AND "Program" in red appear on top of each other (literally!) above the progress bar on the left.

As I said, I don't use the timeshift buffer so this may be related to that.

Basically, though, 'singlefished' is right - Instant Recording is indeed broken in this firmware revision.

bohemian
Master

Post by bohemian » Fri Jun 06, 2008 00:59

singlefished wrote:

I have the same issue on my DP-P1.

I can confirm that this problem happens with timeshift disabled.

Once I enabled timeshift, manual recording worked fine.
Last edited by bohemian on Fri Jun 06, 2008 02:29, edited 2 times in total.
The wise learn from the mistakes of others.

DP-S1 + DP-P1

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 01:00

singlefished wrote: Note - I have changed some of the channel display names to stop the front display scrolling, might this be causing the issue???

That's not the issue. I have all my channel names as default, because I still haven't figured out how the hell you change them :lol:

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Fri Jun 06, 2008 01:23

bohemian wrote:
singlefished wrote:

I have the same issue on my DP-P1.

I can confirm that this problem happens with time shift disabled.

Once I enabled timeshit manual recording worked fine.

Nice catch bohemian!!!!

As noted, enabling time shift solves the problem....

Pity I have to suffer time shift until this is resolved....

Cheers,
Scotty....

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Fri Jun 06, 2008 01:26

Neon Kitten wrote:
singlefished wrote: Note - I have changed some of the channel display names to stop the front display scrolling, might this be causing the issue???

That's not the issue. I have all my channel names as default, because I still haven't figured out how the hell you change them :lol:
hehehehe - then I'm not telling - it's a secret!!!!

only joking - press list on the remote and if you have the help bar on along the bottom of the screen it shows you to rename via the info button in the middle of the remote...
4 DP's in da house.... New T2 arrived Dec'17!

sydney2218
Apprentice

Post by sydney2218 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 01:29

"Pity I have to suffer time shift until this is resolved"........whats to suffer with timeshift ? Its a great feature from PVRs !

singlefished
Master

Post by singlefished » Fri Jun 06, 2008 01:36

sydney2218 wrote:"Pity I have to suffer time shift until this is resolved"........whats to suffer with timeshift ? Its a great feature from PVRs !
I agree 100% - but a feature which we don't use in this house is a feature which can be turned off..... simplifies the whole PVR experience for the young'uns in the family

(try explaining time shift to a 3 year old without getting into the concept of time travel!!!)
4 DP's in da house.... New T2 arrived Dec'17!

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 01:40

sydney2218 wrote:"Pity I have to suffer time shift until this is resolved"........whats to suffer with timeshift ? Its a great feature from PVRs !
It uses up space on the HDD that could be better used for actual recordings, and indeed could cause a timer recording to fail if the disc gets too full.

It's also, to me, unnecessary use of CPU time and of the hard disk - which really should be set to spin down with time shift disabled and no recordings running, to conserve power and extend the life of the drive.

It comes down to personal preference in the end. I have always disabled the timeshift buffer since I first got the P1.

At any rate, yet again we have a situation where a beta program with a wider scope would have caught this before an official release. If I had been testing the beta I would have run across this as I use Instant Record all the time.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Jun 06, 2008 01:41

I'm glad someone else said it first ;) Agreed!

I mean you can hear the harddisk heads moving when the BW is time shifting and the program being watched is particularly quiet, but I really don't find it annoying enough to get rid of the what would have to be most-used feature of my PVR.

Starionx
Master

Post by Starionx » Fri Jun 06, 2008 02:38

Neon Kitten wrote:
It uses up space on the HDD that could be better used for actual recordings, and indeed could cause a timer recording to fail if the disc gets too full.

It's also, to me, unnecessary use of CPU time and of the hard disk - which really should be set to spin down with time shift disabled and no recordings running, to conserve power and extend the life of the drive.

It comes down to personal preference in the end. I have always disabled the timeshift buffer since I first got the P1.

At any rate, yet again we have a situation where a beta program with a wider scope would have caught this before an official release. If I had been testing the beta I would have run across this as I use Instant Record all the time.
I have to agree with all of your points. Looks like I'll be waiting for another fw 'revision' before I upgrade.

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 04:08

Another bug: after editing channel names (thanks silverfished!) and hitting "exit" to get out of the channel-list dialog, the channel name displayed on the panel is always the first one in your channel list, regardless of which channel you're actually on at the time. So for example, with me, after editing and pressing "exit", it displays "ABC HDTV" on the front panel.

This doesn't happen unless you actually edit a channel name. If you just display the list and then hit "exit" all behaves normally.

Bugs introduced in recent firmware that are not fixed yet:

No audio for 2-3 seconds after starting playback of a recording (this used to happen with network files too, but was fixed in the last major revision)

Audio/Video freeze/stutter within the first 30 seconds of playback of a recording (this happens every time and is more likely within the first 20 seconds)

SomebodyElse
Guru

Post by SomebodyElse » Fri Jun 06, 2008 06:05

Starionx wrote:I have to agree with all of your points. Looks like I'll be waiting for another fw 'revision' before I upgrade.
Look like no reason for me to consider going beyond .197 either. I'm sure one of these days/weeks/months/years there'll be a firmware update that'll tempt me!

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 06:06

singlefished wrote: (try explaining time shift to a 3 year old without getting into the concept of time travel!!!)
Not trying to say my 3 year old has grasped the concept of time travel and yours has not but....my 3 year old quite often pauses her Play School so she can get another biscuit etc.
Philip

SomebodyElse
Guru

Post by SomebodyElse » Fri Jun 06, 2008 06:10

pjc3 wrote:
singlefished wrote: (try explaining time shift to a 3 year old without getting into the concept of time travel!!!)
Not trying to say my 3 year old has grasped the concept of time travel and yours has not but....my 3 year old quite often pauses her Play School so she can get another biscuit etc.
Philip
My kids (just slightly older) have grown up with little concept of live TV broadcasts. They were quite confused a year or two ago when we went away on holiday and we couldn't "pause the TV" in the hotel!

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 07:12

pjc3 wrote:
Philip
Actually, with the Timeshift functionality disabled, you can still pause live TV on the Beyonwiz. The only thing you can't do is come back in the room, see the end of a segment or interview or news story you missed, and rewind on the spot.

That kind of functionality is something I have literally wanted maybe once in a decade :) So that's another reason why I disable timeshift (though as I said above, I do wish Beyonwiz would implement HDD spindown).

Those above concerned about the risk of updating to this latest firmware, well, I'd recommend you do it anyway. The extra functionality is worth it, the performance improvements are worth it (especially the transfer speed via WizFX while a HD recording is playing) and the showstopper bug (the "error loading media file" bug) has been worked around to the point of transparency. The zippy feel of navigating through a recording I had with 192 is back, too, though deleting is still slow (but faster than 235).

The bugs that ARE there are relatively minor, and of course you can always wind back to 192 if there is a problem.

My main gripe after a night of playing with this release? Transfers of recordings to USB hard disk are still woefully, painfully and inexplicably slow. But hey, Rome wasn't built in a day :)

smb
Apprentice

Email from BW Headquarters!

Post by smb » Fri Jun 06, 2008 08:23

I've got to say, one thing that I did love...was receiving an email from BW Headquarters telling me of a new firmware release! Saves me oodles of time and wasted effort just coming to the pages and refreshing to see if there was a new one.

Thanks Beyonwiz HQ! I hope they continue to use this with each subsequent upgrade.
Hitachi 42PD7800TA HD Plasma
BW DP-S1 (500GB WD AAJB)

SomebodyElse
Guru

Re: Email from BW Headquarters!

Post by SomebodyElse » Fri Jun 06, 2008 08:33

smb wrote:Saves me oodles of time and wasted effort just coming to the pages and refreshing to see if there was a new one.
A handy hint for you, bookmark the forum index page. Here's the link - http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=3

Then it's a single click. Your "oodles of time" can then be condensed to about two seconds and your "wasted effort" effort reduced to a mouse click and a quick scan!

smb
Apprentice

Post by smb » Fri Jun 06, 2008 08:37

SomebodyElse wrote:
smb wrote:Saves me oodles of time and wasted effort just coming to the pages and refreshing to see if there was a new one.
A handy hint for you, bookmark the forum index page. Here's the link - http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=3

Then it's a single click. Your "oodles of time" can then be condensed to about two seconds and your "wasted effort" effort reduced to a mouse click and a quick scan!
Thanks for the suggestion...happy to admit - I'm a lazy upgrader. I prefer the 'push' to 'pull' method. Given the internet connection capabilities, I'd love a setting whereby the BW could do it all itself (configurable of course).
Hitachi 42PD7800TA HD Plasma
BW DP-S1 (500GB WD AAJB)

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 08:39

Neon Kitten wrote: No audio for 2-3 seconds after starting playback of a recording (this used to happen with network files too, but was fixed in the last major revision)
Audio/Video freeze/stutter within the first 30 seconds of playback of a recording (this happens every time and is more likely within the first 20 seconds)
You keep saying this and I do not have either of these issues? Did you ever format your HDD when you had a heaps older f/w revision in there?
Regards
Tony

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 08:52

tonymy01 wrote:
Neon Kitten wrote: No audio for 2-3 seconds after starting playback of a recording (this used to happen with network files too, but was fixed in the last major revision)
You keep saying this and I do not have either of these issues? Did you ever format your HDD when you had a heaps older f/w revision in there?
Regards
Last time I formatted was a while ago, true. But we're talking FAT32 here, it's not rocket science :)

That said, I am not the only one experiencing this issue, and the fact that it reliably happens on EVERY recording - at the start, then not again - implies that something else is at fault. And you and I may not have the same setup on our P1 - for example, are you running the WizFX server? Do you have timeshift enabled? IceTV? For me the answers to those are - ijn order - yes, no but doing so makes no difference, and no :)

If I can manage to get my HDD emptied sometime soon I'll format it and see if that helps; I doubt it will, though. The problem is too regular to be caused by fragmentation, and unless Beyonwiz has rewritten FAT32 and not told us :) then I can't imagine what else it could be.

Going by past experience with video playback on computers, the symptoms indicate, to me, a buffering problem.
Last edited by Neon Kitten on Fri Jun 06, 2008 08:54, edited 1 time in total.

apchoo
Apprentice

Post by apchoo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 08:52

Neon Kitten wrote: Bugs introduced in recent firmware that are not fixed yet:

No audio for 2-3 seconds after starting playback of a recording (this used to happen with network files too, but was fixed in the last major revision)

I don't get this either on my P1, not on 247 or any of the previous firmwares.

So far so good with 247 ... we'll see if Error 0022 (probably about 5 times since start of May) or error loading media file (3 times) occurs again.
Albert
DP-P1 (1.05.280) via component video to Pioneer PDP-505HD 50" plasma

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 08:56

apchoo wrote: I don't get this either on my P1, not on 247 or any of the previous firmwares.

So far so good with 247 ... we'll see if Error 0022 (probably about 5 times since start of May) or error loading media file (3 times) occurs again.
See, there's the thing. I *never* got the error 0022. I got "error loading media file" on a semi-regular basis quite a while before most others did.

There has to be a set of common variables in setup that make these things occur.

GB
Master

Post by GB » Fri Jun 06, 2008 09:10

Neon Kitten wrote:Actually, with the Timeshift functionality disabled, you can still pause live TV on the Beyonwiz. The only thing you can't do is come back in the room, see the end of a segment or interview or news story you missed, and rewind on the spot.

That kind of functionality is something I have literally wanted maybe once in a decade :) So that's another reason why I disable timeshift (though as I said above, I do wish Beyonwiz would implement HDD spindown).
I assume though that if the HDD spun down in this scenario the pause ability would be affected, as the HDD would need to spin up first to be able to record the buffer. So there would be a relatively significant time lag after pressing pause, would there not, which could affect usability.

Greg

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 09:18

GB wrote:
Neon Kitten wrote:Actually, with the Timeshift functionality disabled, you can still pause live TV on the Beyonwiz. The only thing you can't do is come back in the room, see the end of a segment or interview or news story you missed, and rewind on the spot.

I assume though that if the HDD spun down in this scenario the pause ability would be affected, as the HDD would need to spin up first to be able to record the buffer. So there would be a relatively significant time lag after pressing pause, would there not, which could affect usability.

Greg
It could, but not by a huge amount. Obviously users that wanted seamless pause-live-TV functionality would simply enable timeshift in preferences.

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Fri Jun 06, 2008 09:35

Neon Kitten wrote:Another bug: after editing channel names (thanks silverfished!) and hitting "exit" to get out of the channel-list dialog, the channel name displayed on the panel is always the first one in your channel list, regardless of which channel you're actually on at the time. So for example, with me, after editing and pressing "exit", it displays "ABC HDTV" on the front panel.
We spotted this bug in the beta testing, but it's no big deal - just change channels and it's fixed.

SJ2571
Master

Post by SJ2571 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 09:39

MrQuade wrote:I mean you can hear the harddisk heads moving when the BW is time shifting and the program being watched is particularly quiet
Not here. Maybe your BW is just particularly loud? Time shifting here is virtually silent. Different HDs have different mechanics, which is probably the reason.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:13

Hi Neon Kitten,
Neon Kitten wrote:
apchoo wrote: I don't get this either on my P1, not on 247 or any of the previous firmwares.

See, there's the thing. I *never* got the error 0022. I got "error loading media file" on a semi-regular basis quite a while before most others did.

There has to be a set of common variables in setup that make these things occur.
I never got the "Error 0022", I rarely got the "Error loading media file" and I also don't get any playback stutters with either the sound or video. Perhaps you should be calling Beyonwiz Australia and exploring if there is a fault in your unit.

Regards,
Ian.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:30

smb wrote:I've got to say, one thing that I did love...was receiving an email from BW Headquarters telling me of a new firmware release! Saves me oodles of time and wasted effort just coming to the pages and refreshing to see if there was a new one.

Thanks Beyonwiz HQ! I hope they continue to use this with each subsequent upgrade.
Yep a great idea and a friend who doesn't even have a BW received an email - that's how I found out as I didn't get an email :evil:
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Neon Kitten
Master

Post by Neon Kitten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:33

IanSav wrote: I never got the "Error 0022", I rarely got the "Error loading media file" and I also don't get any playback stutters with either the sound or video. Perhaps you should be calling Beyonwiz Australia and exploring if there is a fault in your unit.
Why, when I've had, as I said, no "error 0022" incidences at all, I've had plenty of "error loading media file" issues which is a bug recognised and being fixed by the software engineers, and I've had the stuttering which others have also experienced and which I've had one first-hand on-the-phone verbal report of on another unit?

None of these issues were reported at all until two or three revisions ago.

My diagnostic experience based on all this says software, not hardware.

And this is the bit where I repeat yet again that the benefits of a wide beta program are many. ;)

Madmax, yep, the display bug I mentioned is 100% non-critical, but if spelling mistakes in the dialogues are worth mentioning then that certainly is :) Speaking of spelling/grammar, playing a few MP3s tonight where the P1 couldn't seem to read the run-time info and then searching inside them resulted in an error message I keep meaning to mention. It says "NOT SUPPORTED ACTION". Understandable, yes, but the grammatically correct version would be "ACTION NOT SUPPORTED" (obviously something a bit more verbose and explanatory would be even nicer :) )

smeg888
Master

Post by smeg888 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:44

pjc3 wrote:I feel the time to load over network is better ... still not as quick as .192 but an improvement on 235. And of course no more scrolling channel names :D :D :D
Philip
Hi Philip

Was a bit excited about this, so I did some tests.

Played 3 large (15G to 20G) files over the network on 235, upgraded to 247 (shut down, power off etc), then tried them all again on 247. Within my measuring ability there appeared to be no difference for all but the first file I loaded. When I loaded the first file on 235 it took 10 secs, the next file 5 secs and the 3rd file 5 secs. I thought this was bit strange so I loaded the first file again and this time it took 5 secs. My assumption was that it took the BW an extra 5 secs to sort itself out with the network for the first file.

This didn't appear to be the case with 247 they all took 5 secs.

Anyway, nothing of any real significance, for my limited testing it seems to take about 5 secs to load a large file over a wired network for a file sitting on the HDD of a networked PC.

regards

S

grampus
Wizard

Post by grampus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:48

Not sure if its of any consequence, but when upgrading from .235 to .247 during the verification stage, the progress froze at 14%, and after a looong wait (always seems like watching grass grow when something likem that happens), it took off again to freeze once more at around 91%. Loong wait again but ran through to completion, and booted OK.
Woops, should have noted that the u/g was via USB
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:54

Neon Kitten wrote:...
Madmax, yep, the display bug I mentioned is 100% non-critical, but if spelling mistakes in the dialogues are worth mentioning then that certainly is :) Speaking of spelling/grammar, playing a few MP3s tonight where the P1 couldn't seem to read the run-time info and then searching inside them resulted in an error message I keep meaning to mention. It says "NOT SUPPORTED ACTION". Understandable, yes, but the grammatically correct version would be "ACTION NOT SUPPORTED" (obviously something a bit more verbose and explanatory would be even nicer :) )
In December 07, one of the BW engineers started a sticky in the beta forum asking for reports of typos and bad English. I extracted the strings from the binary file on the BW where most of the UI messages are stored, and posted corrections to all the errors I found, and made suggestions where I thought that more explanation might help. Many of the corrections I suggested haven't been applied (its difficult to be sure how many, because the message order in the new firmware is quite different to the old firmware. "Not Supported Action" is one that appears to have been introduced since I extracted the list, but I've been thinking of redoing the list. I'm not sure that it will help much, though.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”