DP-Lite HD channels

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

tb123
Master

DP-Lite HD channels

Post by tb123 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 19:51

Hi, we have a DP-Lite i that we’ve had for many years (and a Beyonwiz T4) and a while ago the DP-Lite stopped being able to receive any of the HD channels here is Adelaide. We get sound (sometimes jittery) but no picture. All other non HD channels are ok. The TV it is connected to can receive all channels ok. I’ve cleared all service information (and the IceTV data for the sake of it) and re-scanned all the channels a number of times but no joy.

I’m not sure if related or not, historically I have needed to do a Partial Service Scan (channels 6 to 12). From memory that was to stop channels doubling up between the transmitters in the city and Mt Lofty, it might have even been because of similar issues on some of the doubled channels, I cannot remember though.

I’ve done both partial and full service scans with no luck.

The TV in the other room with the T4 works fine.

Have the format of the HD channels changed recently so that the Beyonwiz can no longer receive them? Has the tuner gone faulty, anything else to consider?

Cheers
CX65 OLED, Pioneer LX508a,
Beyonwiz DP-Lite, T4, IceTV
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075
Oppo 103 BDP, Apple TV 4k x 2, PS3, PS4, Samsung BDP, Wii, Chromecast Ultra
Unifi USG, PoE switch and access points, Synology DS916+ NAS, HikVision cams, iPads, iPhones, Android, laptops, MacBooks etc.

tb123
Master

Re: DP-Lite HD channels

Post by tb123 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 09:55

Looks like I’ve fixed it for now by switching it off, pulling all the antenna cables out and reseating them and switching it back on.
All channels working fine now (I also found that the SD channel racing.com was also not working but believed that to be mpeg4 as well).
No idea why only the “HD” channels were effected, but there you go.
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075
Unifi USG, PoE switch and access points, Synology DS916+ NAS, HikVision cams, iPads, iPhones, Android, laptops, MacBooks etc.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:57

racing.com has the additional wrinkle of an AAC audio track which the DP series doesn't cope well with.

The poor old DP units are really gasping on their last legs I think. The newer encoding formats are really at their limits and it doesn't take much to send them into a spiral like you observed. The hard reset is often the only (temporary) solution.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 17:36

I was kinda interested in replacing it with the new model but to be honest, a very high percentage of the media we consume now is streamed and really not sure if I’d miss the PVR, similar with the IceTV subscription. It has its uses, but could probably live without it these days.
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”