Dp lite not recognised

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Nurseedward
Apprentice

Dp lite not recognised

Post by Nurseedward » Fri Dec 28, 2018 09:11

Hi i have an LGSL80 tv and beyonwiz dp lite.

Its worked flawlessly for about 8 years.. i went on holidays and when i returned it doesnt work.

Nothing has been touched... unsure why I no longer have the HDMI input from beyonwiz on tv. It powers on with remote but the screen says no signal.

Unsure what to do im.not technologically savvy really!

Thanks

prl
Wizard God

Re: Dp lite not recognised

Post by prl » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:32

Nurseedward wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 09:11
the screen says no signal.

Is that a "no signal" message from the TV? What I'm trying to find out is whether the TV is saying "no signal on my HDMI input", or the Beyonwiz is saying "no signal on my antenna input".
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15

Assuming that the answer to prl's question is no signal on the TV input, the problem could be the tv, the cable or the DP lite. If not, then try reseating the aerial cable at each end or swap the aerial cable.

The simple things to try if not the aerial are as follows:

If you have another HDMI cable available, try swapping the cable over. Otherwise, unplug and reinsert the cable firmly at both ends.

Next, make sure the TV is set to the right HDMI input. Usually, there is a "source" menu option. Try each HDMI option in turn.

If you have a DVD player or other HDMI device available, try plugging it in instead of the DP lite. If it works then maybe a fault in the DP lite.

Power supply problems are common in older units. Has the PSU ever been rebuilt? If it's faulty then Warkus offers an excellent and cheap repair service, especially if you are willing to use a screwdriver and follow his detailed DIY instructions.

One other thing to test is whether the older style analogue connections work. You can try the RCA connection if you have the old yellow, red and white cable available. Try the AV input on the TV. If that works then you can get a better picture using the component connection. But let's not over complicate things.

Let us know how you get on and we can take it from there.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:49

If it turns out to be the Beyonwiz that is faulty and you don't want to move to a newer model with a different user interface, then I may be able to help. I currently have a DP-S1 for sale. Let me know if you are interested.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:53

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15
Assuming that the answer to prl's question is no signal on the TV input, the problem could be the tv, the cable or the DP lite. If not, then try reseating the aerial cable at each end or swap the aerial cable.

If the "no signal" message on the TV refers to the TV's HDMI input, then the problem is most likely with the HDMI output of the DP-Lite (defective or set to a signal type that the TV doesn't accept), the HDMI cable, or the TV's HDMI input. The tests for that would be to change the HDMI cable to a known good one, try another HDMI device (e.g. Blu-ray player) on the TV's HDMI input, and to use TV-OUT on the remote to cycle through the basic output resolutions of the Lite. Checking the setup on the TV's HDMI input to see that that is as expected may also be useful.

In that case, the problem isn't likely to be the antenna input to the DP-Lite, unless both that and the HDMI connection are defective or misconfigured. The Lite produces a HDMI signal (all black for the channel video) even if there is no antenna signal. It would also quite likely show its own "no signal" popup, and the UI overlays (menus, setup screens, etc) would all work - after all, that's the state that the Lite is in during initial setup before it does a service scan.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 15:03

I'd forgotten the TV Out button since I only use the Harmony remote with our P2s.

Instinct tells me that Nurseedward's problem is likely to be the PSU or mainboard that's died, in which case it's Warkus, peteru's option or a new T2 or U4 .

However, mustn't jump to premature conclusions. It may be the TV or the cable at fault or just a loose connection.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Dec 28, 2018 16:35

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 15:03
Instinct tells me that Nurseedward's problem is likely to be the PSU or mainboard that's died, in which case it's Warkus, peteru's option or a new T2 or U4 .

I tend to agree. Pity that the Lite doesn't have a front panel display. Nurseedward, is the blue light around the Lite's front panel power button flashing in an unusual way?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Nurseedward
Apprentice

Post by Nurseedward » Sun Jun 30, 2019 22:06

Sorry everyone didnt even know I had replies here just stumbled on them. Yep it was dead RIP :))
Thanks for your time answering

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”