Time Zone Error

Beyonwiz HD PVR / Network Media Players including Freeview models.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Time Zone Error

Post by johnbrennan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 00:49

In Perth, Western Australia our time zone is 8 hours east of GMT.

From the EPG I have set the timer to record the ABC News at 7.00 pm.

I would generally switch on the Beyonwiz DP-Lite at 7.30 pm to watch the recorded ABC News at 7.00 pm.

More frequently now, when I do this I see that it has not recorded the event and the time displays as 6.30 pm, instead of displaying 7.30 pm.

By switching OFF and switching ON, it reboots and displays 7.30 pm.

We do not have Daylight Saving in Western Australia.

Does anybody know what causes the time to click back an hour.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Time Zone Error

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:58

Is this still happenning after Mark/warkus did the repair?

It doesn't sound like a time zone issue (as the clock would be ahead, not behind).
Is the DP-Lite time mode setting on AUTO, MANUAL, or NETWORK (the latter assuming a networked DP-Lite)?

If you leave the DP-Lite in the recordings list (or Setup menu) prior to a scheduled timer, does the timer fire and the recording happen?

I'm discounting the possibility of a dodgy clock if it's always 1 hour out when in standby, but if it's not always that 1 hour difference then it could be the clock running slow, which then gets updated to the current time when you boot the DP-Lite.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11

Network time is the most reliable same as your PC and is not dependent on whether the BW is off or on, except of course when the power is off at the power point. Is it not possible to run an Ethernet cable to your router?
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:39

netmask wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11
Network time is the most reliable same as your PC and is not dependent on whether the BW is off or on, except of course when the power is off at the power point.

I agree that NETWORK time is generally more reliable than AUTO (broadcaster) time, but both depend on the Beyonwiz being fully powered on to work (DP series). When the Beyonwiz is in standby, time is maintained in the front panel clock (but not displayed on the Lite).I can't remember for sure whether the front panel clock is used to set the system time initially at boot-up.

I'm at a bit of a loss about the OP's issue, though. Perhaps it's a front panel clock problem.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Jan 18, 2020 13:12

prl wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:39
I'm at a bit of a loss about the OP's issue, though. Perhaps it's a front panel clock problem.

Yes, thinking more about it, I'm guessing John doesn't have his DP-Lite networked (based upon his "Internet Connection Purpose" topic). So if the time is accurately maintained on AUTO (given he reboots and the DP-Lite then shows the correct time as it fetched it from the broadcaster just prior to reboot), and the time discrepancy isn't exactly 1 hour, then likely that leaves us with the clock issue.
The frequency of the issue would depend on how often the DP-Lite is started/how long a period it generally spends in standby (leading to how much clock drift there may be).

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 14:30

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:58
Is this still happenning after Mark/warkus did the repair?

Yes, it it is still happening after Mark/warkus repair.

When I got the DP-Lite (2010 Model) back from Mark on Thursday evening, everything was fine and the clock showed the correct time.

I set the timer to record the ABC News at 7.00 pm. It recorded it successfully. I did not watch it that night.

At 7.30 pm the following night, Friday, I switched on the unit only to find the one hour error. It had NOT recorded Friday's ABC News at 7.00 pm so I watched Thursday's news instead.

Next time this happens I will check to see if it is exactly one hour or if it is somewhere close to one hour.

I will also check the current settings and let you know.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sat Jan 18, 2020 16:24

It's possible when Mark finished the repairs he may have set it up on Network time not knowing the OP's issue with the Internet? I know I do this without thinking! time settings for several friends when I've updated firmware and generally set up their units, no repairs I don't do that but I've installed a couple of hdd's. In both cases I can remember they were networked but the time settings were on auto. Maybe this could be the problem?
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 19:42

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 13:12

The frequency of the issue would depend on how often the DP-Lite is started/how long a period it generally spends in standby (leading to how much clock drift there may be).
Geoff, In reply to your post about the duration in STANDBY MODE would be this.

The DP-Lite is always on, either in STANDBY MODE or RECORD MODE. The only time I switch it OFF is when I have the CLOCK ISSUE.

In any given 24-hour period, I would have about THREE TIMER RECORDINGS set.
7.00 pm, 11.00 pm and 1.00 pm the following day.

Post by netmask » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1410

It's possible when Mark finished the repairs he may have set it up on Network time not knowing the OP's issue with the Internet? I know I do this without thinking! time settings for several friends when I've updated firmware and generally set up their units, no repairs I don't do that but I've installed a couple of hdd's. In both cases I can remember they were networked but the time settings were on auto. Maybe this could be the problem?

In answer to both Geoff and Netmask, the Clock is set to AUTO. Mark did not change that setting.

Geoff, you also said:

If you leave the DP-Lite in the recordings list (or Setup menu) prior to a scheduled timer, does the timer fire and the recording happen?

I never leave it in the recordings list. I leave it set to a channel.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Jan 18, 2020 21:46

johnbrennan wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 19:42
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 13:12

Geoff, In reply to your post about the duration in STANDBY MODE would be this.

The DP-Lite is always on, either in STANDBY MODE or RECORD MODE. The only time I switch it OFF is when I have the CLOCK ISSUE.

In any given 24-hour period, I would have about THREE TIMER RECORDINGS set.
7.00 pm, 11.00 pm and 1.00 pm the following day.

Standby in the DP-series means the unit is not running, and is waiting to boot for a scheduled timer or by a remote control/power button start.

If the clock is out by 1 hour at 19:30 (reading 18:30), then that's quite a fast drift given it'd had a prior startup for a recording at 13:00 (I'm guessing a shut down at around 14:30).
johnbrennan wrote:
Geoff, you also said:

I never leave it in the recordings list. I leave it set to a channel.

With timeshift enabled, continuously writing to disk?

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 00:51

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 21:46

If the clock is out by 1 hour at 19:30 (reading 18:30), then that's quite a fast drift given it'd had a prior startup for a recording at 13:00 (I'm guessing a shut down at around 14:30).

What I do Geoff, is this:
At the end of the night, around 10.00 pm, I tune the DP-Lite to say Channel Seven Mate.
I do NOT turn OFF the DP-Lite, I leave it ON.
I turn OFF the TV.

The DP-Lite records from 11.00 pm - 12.00 midnight, while I am not in attendance.
Midnight is the start of the LONG WAIT of 13 hours, before the DP-Lite starts recording again at 1.00 pm, the following day.

Quite possibly, during this LONG WAIT, the DP-Lite may experience CLOCK DRIFT.

I never check the actual start time of the 1.00 pm recording.
It's usually the Big Bash Cricket that may go for 3 or more hours.

Do you think that it could be CLOCK DRIFT?
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Sun Jan 19, 2020 09:18

Dennis
U4, Bluey USB tuner, WizTV > Yamaha RX-V3900 > Sony KDL46X2000 TV ||
U4, Bluey USB tuner > Sony KD-43X85J TV > Yamaha YAS-209 || FTA EPG ||
Harmony 650s || (U4s on 19.3.20200901 & T2 on 19.3.20200823) ||
Technicolor DJA0230TLS modem/router, Ethernet LAN, Win10 Home 64 ||

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 19, 2020 09:42

johnbrennan wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 00:51

It might be, though a clock drifting 1 hour in 13 hours isn't much use in a PVR, and if it's doing that, IMO it's broken, rather than "drifting". Our mechanical pendulum clock keeps much better time that that (and it's not even temperature-compensated).

If you leave the Lite in standby for an extended time (several hours) and the power it on (rather than waiting for a recording timer to power it up), does it show correct time?

When the time is being shown incorrectly, what date does the PVR show?

And when it shows the time out by an hour, does it eventually show the correct time if you leave it running for 10 minutes or so (plenty long enough for it to get its time from the broadcaster)?

Have you checked whether the time error is exactly one hour?

And finally, what are these time settings on the Lite?
Mode
NTP Server name (if Mode is NETWORK)
Time Offset
Daylight Saving (if Mode is AUTO or NETWORK)
Region (if Mode is AUTO or NETWORK)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 19, 2020 09:46

johnbrennan wrote:
The DP-Lite is always on, either in STANDBY MODE or RECORD MODE.

I find some of your colour highlight choices hard to read, especially AMBER on my phone's browser.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 19, 2020 09:52

johnbrennan wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 00:49
More frequently now, when I do this I see that it has not recorded the event and the time displays as 6.30 pm, instead of displaying 7.30 pm.

By switching OFF and switching ON, it reboots and displays 7.30 pm.

How long do you leave it switched off (at the mains?) when you are able to reset the time to the correct value? The front panel clock chip has a small amount of backup power stored in a capacitor and should keep its time (and any recording wakeup timer) for about an hour if mains power is lost.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:36

johnbrennan wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 00:51

Now I don't think so, given you always leave the DP-Lite on live TV.
Perhaps your last viewed/recorded broadcaster (Seven for the cricket) is sending bum time signals on occasion.
I suggest you set the time mode to MANUAL for a few days as a test (keep an eye on the clock though).

If you're keeping your DP-Lite always on live TV (except of course when watching a recording), then it will always be writing into the timeshift buffer (maintaining the last two hours of live TV, assuming you have timeshift always on/enabled in Setup>>PVR>>Time-shifting).
When it's not being used for viewing live TV nor playing recordings, if you put the DP-Lite into the File Playback menu then timeshifting will stop.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 14:39

To force my P2s to wake each day to download the IceTV timers and guide, I have set a view timer for 6AM.

It may work around your problem to try something similar: set a daily recurring view timer an hour or so earlier than the recording start time. This will hopefully wake the Wiz and reset the clock.

Otherwise, replacing the 32khz clock crystal may be in order.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Jan 19, 2020 15:18

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 14:39
It may work around your problem to try something similar: set a daily recurring view timer an hour or so earlier than the recording start time. This will hopefully wake the Wiz and reset the clock.

My understanding is that John keeps the DP-Lite on, playing live TV, thus no boot required.

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 15:48

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:36

Given you always leave the DP-Lite on live TV, perhaps your last viewed/recorded broadcaster (Seven for the cricket) is sending bum time signals on occasion.

I suspect that this could be the case.

Overnight, I usually set LIVE TV to one of three broadcasters, the ABC, Channel 7 or SBS.

These last few nights I have set LIVE TV to the ABC overnight and the problem has NOT occurred.
On previous occasions, when I have set LIVE TV to Channel 7 overnight, the problem MAY HAVE OCCURRED.

Could Channel 7 be the culprit?

From now on, I shall set LIVE TV to a different channel each night, to see which one causes the error.
I will alternate between the three channels.

The DP-Lite is ALWAYS ON .
It is ALWAYS writing into the Timeshift Buffer, as you stated, Geoff. (PVR/Time-Shifting/Enable)

You suggested that I should set the clock to MANUAL.
That is what I will do eventually, but first I think that we should identify the cause of the problem.

Thanks for the links Sub3R.

I do NOT have a Network Connection so I CANNOT set it to NETWORK.
Peter says that Network time updates are usually better than Auto time because most NTP server managers appear to be able to maintain their time service better than the TV networks do.

I am thinking that for the moment I leave the TIME MODE to AUTO until the problem arises again so that I can let you know exactly the TIME DRIFT.

Peter, I have never checked to see if there was a DATE CHANGE, but will check next time it occurs.

The DP-Lite is always ON live TV, so overnight, I turn the TV OFF.
Before turning the TV OFF, I choose a channel. (ABC, Channel 7 or SBS) so that the DP-Lite is constantly writing into the Timeshift Buffer.
The next day when I turn the TV ON, I look at the EPG Guide.
With the Timeshift Buffer, still operational I have the option to view the previous 2 hours of the chosen channel set the previous night.

Do you think that the error may be caused by a select broadcaster?
(Namely Channel Seven)
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 15:57

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 15:18
Paul_oz53 wrote:

My understanding is that John keeps the DP-Lite on, playing live TV, thus no boot required.

Noted. I wonder then if setting a timer to a different network would trick it into updating the clock. An even cruder kludge would be to extend the pre / post padding to span the likely drift.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 19, 2020 15:59

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 15:18
Paul_oz53 wrote:

My understanding is that it's not clear at all what states John's DP-Lite is in, or for how long. Compare:
johnbrennan wrote:
and
johnbrennan wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 15:48
The DP-Lite is ALWAYS ON .

I think that there may well be some terminology issues impeding understanding here. I have no idea what RECORD MODE might be, other than "fully running and happening to be recording".

My understanding of STANDBY MODE is that that state is "mostly off": the front panel is powered to that the front panel microcontroller, IR receiver, clock chip and front panel display (on models that have one) are all operating, but that the mainboard and most of the power supply are not operating. That seems to be different from the view that "The DP-Lite is always on, either in STANDBY MODE or ..."
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jan 19, 2020 16:00

Still looking for an answer to:
prl wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 09:42
And finally, what are these time settings on the Lite?
Mode
NTP Server name (if Mode is NETWORK)
Time Offset
Daylight Saving (if Mode is AUTO or NETWORK)
Region (if Mode is AUTO or NETWORK)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 19:32

prl wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 15:59

I think that there may well be some terminology issues impeding understanding here. I have no idea what RECORD MODE might be, other than "fully running and happening to be recording".

My apologies, Peter for the misunderstanding.

This is what I meant by the terms:
STANDBY MODE: Fully running (DP-Lite is ALWAYS ON.) but it is NOT recording anything.
RECORD MODE: Fully running (DP-Lite is ALWAYS ON.) but it IS recording something.

Both terms were my created terms. Sorry for the confusion.

In answer to your questions:

The DP-Lite is ALWAYS ON.

The timer is set to AUTO.
The DP-Lite does NOT have NETWORK Connection.
The Region is set to WA.
Daylight Saving is set to OFF (We don't have it here in WA)

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Jan 20, 2020 00:07

You could spend an inordinate amount of time stuffing around with this or you could go straight for a solution...

1. Use an Ethernet cable to connect your Beyonwiz to your Internet router and switch to NTP/Network time.
2. If that does not help, just upgrade to a V2. The DP series are not able to properly decode a bunch of services and this problem will only get worse as time goes on. You might find that once the V2 sells out, it may become difficult to get a decent PVR.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41

johnbrennan wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 19:32
STANDBY MODE: Fully running (DP-Lite is ALWAYS ON.) but it is NOT recording anything.
RECORD MODE: Fully running (DP-Lite is ALWAYS ON.) but it IS recording something.
I’m not trying to butt in on a reply meant for Peter (prl), but in both those conditions, the DP-Lite was ON. It wasn’t in STANDBY. Peter was right in thinking there may be terminology issues. :)

To explain in very basic terms. On the DP series, except for being switched OFF at the power point, there are only two power conditions; ON & STANDBY. ON is when it is powered up (you will be able select menus, watch live TV & watch recordings), & STANDBY is when it is shut down to a sleep/standby condition (you won’t be able to select menus, watch live TV & watch recordings, but it will wake up to timer record). The POWER/STANDBY button on the top of the remote will switch the DP series to ON or STANDBY.

If you can’t connect your DP-Lite to the internet & use network time as peteru suggested (the best option), I would suggest using the manual time setting option.

The manual time option will eliminate any time screw-ups by the TV networks. However, on manual time you will probably see a slight time drift. I used Manual time for over a year on our DP-S1s before I connected them to the Internet, & the only corrections I had to make was to correct the slight time drift about once a week or fortnight (manually correct the time). To allow for this drift I used longer start & end times on my timers (pre & post padding).

If you still see a large time error when on manual time, you still have some other problem.
Dennis

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 13:45

peteru wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 00:07
You might find that once the V2 sells out, it may become difficult to get a decent PVR.

When do you anticipate that this may happen?

I am NOT adverse to upgrading to a V2, but while the DP-Lite is operational, I have no need to upgrade.

Is Beyonwiz going to discontinue the line?
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 14:01

sub3R wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41
johnbrennan wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 19:32

To explain in very basic terms. On the DP series, except for being switched OFF at the power point, there are only two power conditions; ON & STANDBY. ON is when it is powered up (you will be able select menus, watch live TV & watch recordings), & STANDBY is when it is shut down to a sleep/standby condition (you won’t be able to select menus, watch live TV & watch recordings, but it will wake up to timer record). The POWER/STANDBY button on the top of the remote will switch the DP series to ON or STANDBY.

My apologies, I should NEVER have used that terminology.

While the DP-Lite was ON, I did, however, want to distinguish between when the DP-Lite was either
1. Recording a program, or
2. Not recording a program.

I just did not know how to say it. I'm sorry.

I can see how this was misunderstood and misinterpreted by Peter.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Mon Jan 20, 2020 18:07

johnbrennan wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 14:01
While the DP-Lite was ON, I did, however, want to distinguish between when the DP-Lite was either
1. Recording a program, or
2. Not recording a program.

I just did not know how to say it. I'm sorry.
No need to apologise to me John. :) Most of us had to get familiar with the terminology at one stage or other.

‘ON & recording’, or ‘ON but not recording’ may be a better way to describe that. When I describe an issue I usually try to list exactly the sequence of events in number sequence, which probably bores most readers, but I thinks it saves a lot of guesswork & questions for anyone trying to help solve or even replicate the issue on the later series units.

Please post any further clock drift observations just in case it isn’t a screw-up by one of the TV Networks, which you can get on the Auto time option. But being out by an hour is unusual except at the change of daylight savings.
Dennis

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Tue Jan 21, 2020 01:32

johnbrennan wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 13:45
peteru wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 00:07
You might find that once the V2 sells out, it may become difficult to get a decent PVR.

When do you anticipate that this may happen?

I am NOT adverse to upgrading to a V2, but while the DP-Lite is operational, I have no need to upgrade.

Is Beyonwiz going to discontinue the line?

I don't know the stock levels of the V2 or whether there will be additional manufacturing runs of the V2 to keep it in stock or whether another PVR will replace the V2. I do know that in the past the ODMs that built DP-series, T-series and U-series have gone out of business as the global market for this type of device shrinks. Based on that history and the current trend of broadcast TV being displaced by alternative services, I don't see a bright future for high end PVRs. If your aim is to stick with free to air TV in the long run, I would suggest getting a decent PVR while you can. V2 is the currently available model and the hardware should handle both DVB-T2 and H.265 - making it reasonably future proof.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 08:36

Have any of these questions about the problem been answered yet?
  • Does the clock suddenly jump by an hour (or is wrong by an hour when started from standby or from powered down), or does it steadily get further away from the right time? If the latter, it's likely to be a problem with the clock crystal.
  • Is the clock out by exactly an hour, or is it simply about an hour out when the problem has been seen? If it's exactly an hour, that may indicate some sort of issue with the timezone settings.
  • Does the PVR show the correct date when it has drifted (or jumped) to the wrong time?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 01:21

johnbrennan wrote:

Peter, I have never checked to see if there was a DATE CHANGE, but will check next time it occurs.

When it happens again, I will let you know if it is exactly one hour.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 01:27

prl wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 08:36
  • Does the clock suddenly jump by an hour (or is wrong by an hour when started from standby or from powered down), or does it steadily get further away from the right time? If the latter, it's likely to be a problem with the clock crystal.

Peter, the DP-Lite is ALWAYS ON.
It is NEVER in Standby.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 01:51

johnbrennan wrote:
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:36

Given you always leave the DP-Lite on live TV, perhaps your last viewed/recorded broadcaster (Seven for the cricket) is sending bum time signals on occasion.

I suspect that this could be the case.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:01

johnbrennan wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 01:27
prl wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 08:36

Peter, the DP-Lite is ALWAYS ON.
It is NEVER in Standby.

You're right: I'll rephrase. If you start off at a point where the Lite is showing the correct time, does it suddenly jump off time by an hour, or does it steadily drift off the correct time?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 21:01

prl wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:01
If you start off at a point where the Lite is showing the correct time, does it suddenly jump off time by an hour, or does it steadily drift off the correct time?
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the question.

The simple answer is, I do not know.

Every night, I turn the TV ON for 2 hours, between 7.30 pm and 9.30 pm.
At 7.30 pm I select the EPG.
This is where I see the ARROW HEAD indicating the CORRECT TIME or the INCORRECT Time.

When it shows the INCORRECT TIME, I do not know whether it has JUMPED OVERNIGHT or whether it has been a SLOW DRIFT OVERNIGHT.

In the past seven days it has always indicated the CORRECT TIME.
Next time it indicates an INCORRECT TIME, I will let you know if it is EXACTLY one hour or NOT Exactly one hour.
I will also let you know if there is a change in DATE.

I will keep you posted.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

johnbrennan
Apprentice

Post by johnbrennan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 00:59

prl wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:01
If you start off at a point where the Lite is showing the correct time, does it suddenly jump off time by an hour, or does it steadily drift off the correct time?

Hi Peter,

In the last 2 months the time issue only happened ONCE, and that was it jumped by about 40 mins. It was NOT exactly ONE HOUR. Albeit, I decided to purchase the latest Beyonwiz PVR, given that the DP-Lite may give up the ghost at any time.

A Beyonwiz V2 PVR Media Box Hard Drive Bundle: 4TB (4000GB) with a Wi-Fi Dongle.
Kind Regards
John Brennan
Perth, Australia

Beyonwiz DP-Lite
V2

Return to “DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-Lite, DP-S1 and DP-P1”