WizOTT not working at all...

Android Smart TV Media Player

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Greg Hudson
Apprentice

WizOTT not working at all...

Post by Greg Hudson » Sun Feb 05, 2012 13:45

G'Day. I have just unpacked & installed my WizOtt, connected Power, Net & HDMI cables.
No initial indication of any power to the device.
Hit the Power button, blue light started blinking, and now is solid.
Sony Bravia now recognizes a device plugged into HDMI port 4.

And that's as far as I get. There is no output visible on the Sony.

Any clues please anyone ?

Thanks, Greg.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Feb 05, 2012 13:53

Silly question perhaps, but have you switched the TV to HDMI input 4?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Greg Hudson
Apprentice

WizzOtt problem solved.

Post by Greg Hudson » Sun Feb 05, 2012 22:50

G'Day. An obvious question, and the answer is yes, it is on HDMI 4.
It is like the Sony is trying to sync to the Wizott, but failing for some reason.
The screen is indicating Stereo, 1080p, Stereo, 1080p in a loop, but nothing appears.
Disconnecting the power from the wizott, and the looping stops. Reconnect power, and it starts again.
Switching to HDMI 1 (my Playstation 3) and it runs fine - so it is not an issue with the Sony as far as I can tell.
I've just changed the input port to HDMI 2, and the looping is back again.
Switched back to HDMI 1, then back to HDMI 2, and now it's working (go figure!)

Thanks for the reply anyway.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:39

Have you tried the WizOTT in a "known working" HDMI input? Or tried it with a different TV?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Feb 06, 2012 15:03

The first boot after a firmware upgrade (or the initial boot) of the WizOTT is very slow. Several minutes. If you interrupt that booting process, by prematurely removing power, the next boot will take just as long if not longer. During this booting process, nothing is displayed on the screen, not even the Android logo.

My advice is to be patient and give it 5 minutes or so to boot. Subsequent boots should be faster, but still not lightning fast - perhaps a minute or two.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Greg Hudson
Apprentice

PROBLEM FIXED

Post by Greg Hudson » Tue Feb 07, 2012 07:38

Thanks for the suggestions / tips. Wizott is now working (but now I have a different problem with my DP-P2) :-(

Regards, Greg.

Bruce85
Master

Post by Bruce85 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 22:43

I have the same problem with my Samsung Series 5 LCD TV. An error message comes up saying I need to check the cable or power or source selection on the WizOTT. There were a few flickers of WizOTT display page, but it all went black again. I'll try Greg's experiment to see if it works.

Bruce85
Master

Post by Bruce85 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 22:54

Didn't work.

Bruce85
Master

Post by Bruce85 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 01:37

Fixed it. The cable connecting the WizOTT to the TV didn't work with the device, although it seems to work with the Beyonwiz DP-P2. The newer cable I have works with the WizOTT.

Greg Hudson
Apprentice

WizOTT numerous issues...

Post by Greg Hudson » Mon Aug 12, 2013 21:11

After a gap of 18 months, I just installed the WizOTT again, this time with the HDMI output going to one of the 5 HDMI inputs on my new(ish) Denon receiver, and a LAN cable to a spare GigaBit port on my router.

Initially, it booted up OK, but would not allow me to perform a firmware upgrade (telling me there was not enough memory). So, I grabbed an old 60GB SSD (Solid State Drive) and whacked it in the drive bay. This I imagined would give me plenty of 'space' to download the upgrade etc - but no luck. It doesn't seem to recognize the SATA SSD as 'available' space...

So I thought I would reformat the SSD - but... I can't find any option to allow this.

Reading through the forums, several people stated a USB stick is required, so that will be my next port of call.

I also attempted to view some YouTube videos, but it told be it needs 500MB of space to allow for buffering of the video - so that didn't work either.

I'm not giving up yet, but the frustration is growing... A 99 cent sale on eBay may be happening soon ! ;-)

Any comments anyone ?

Regards, Greg.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Aug 12, 2013 21:52

As strange as it may sound, USB attached storage appears to be the preferred storage medium, with SATA attached storage coming in as a second class option.

Your best bet would be to plug in a 1GB or bigger USB flash drive.

Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Aug 12, 2013 22:34

peteru wrote:As strange as it may sound, USB attached storage appears to be the preferred storage medium, with SATA attached storage coming in as a second class option.
None of Western Digital, Seagate or Toshiba have eSATA external HDDs on offer.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Aug 12, 2013 23:09

prl wrote:
peteru wrote:As strange as it may sound, USB attached storage appears to be the preferred storage medium, with SATA attached storage coming in as a second class option.
None of Western Digital, Seagate or Toshiba have eSATA external HDDs on offer.
Umm, not quite sure why that is relevant. WizOTT has a normal SATA connector and enough room for a 2.5" laptop drive under the top plastic cover.

Blog.

Greg Hudson
Apprentice

WizOTT still not happy...

Post by Greg Hudson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 17:17

Further to my msg from yesterday, I have now inserted a 32GB USB drive as well as the 2.5" SATA Solid State Drive. The WizOTT can see and browse folders on both drives.
Attempting to run a firmware update (Automatic mode) is still failing, telling me there's not enough disk space for firmware download.

So, can anyone point me to a URL that contains the latest FW update please ?
I'll download it, copy to USB, then try that option.

Thanks, Greg.

Greg Hudson
Apprentice

Post by Greg Hudson » Wed Aug 14, 2013 08:34

Can anyone at BW please tell me why the WizOTT firmware upgrades are not visible on the BW downloads page ?

Every other product has files, but not the WizOTT...

GH

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Aug 14, 2013 18:34

Hi Greg,

I suspect that the WizOTT never got the attention to detail from Australia that the other products received. The WizOTT is the only Beyonwiz model that performs updates directly from the Internet. I don't believe the firmware images were ever handled locally. This will probably require someone from Beyonwiz Australia to investigate on your behalf. I suggest you give them a call to request assistance.

Regards,
Ian.

Greg Hudson
Apprentice

Post by Greg Hudson » Thu Aug 15, 2013 15:28

IanSav wrote:Hi Greg,

I suspect that the WizOTT never got the attention to detail from Australia that the other products received. The WizOTT is the only Beyonwiz model that performs updates directly from the Internet. I don't believe the firmware images were ever handled locally. This will probably require someone from Beyonwiz Australia to investigate on your behalf. I suggest you give them a call to request assistance.

Regards,
Ian.
Thanks Ian.
It would appear no-one from BW reads these forums, so hoping for a reply here from them is probably hopeful. Calling them is probably the only option. However... I did find some had posted an old FW update on a Toppy site. One would think something would be here too.

Thanks again.
Regards, Greg.

Return to “WizOTT”