Unsupported File Format error

What you like, What you don't and What you want!

Moderators: Gully, peteru

ajw
Apprentice

Unsupported File Format error

Post by ajw » Mon Jun 08, 2009 20:33

I'm getting the Unsupported File Format error for the podcasts I've downloaded. I tried to get The Wood Whisperer. It appears to have downloaded correctly (took about 15 minutes) but won't play at all. Tried a different podcast with the same error.

Any clues?

ajw

(loved the firmware update via WizTV. Excellent)
Allan

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 23:12

This problem is already being discussed in Podcasts won't Complete. Could we close this topic, and continue the discussion in there?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Jun 08, 2009 23:40

Hi,

What is it this week with all the new threads on issues that are already being covered in existing threads?

People please search and browse the forum *before* starting new threads on existing topics.

Regards,
Ian.

ajw
Apprentice

Post by ajw » Thu Jun 11, 2009 18:16

I was aware of the other thread, and thought my problem was different. The podcast downloads but won't play. The other thread talks about podcasts that won't finish downloading. Seemed to be a different problem to me. I'll watch the other thread for a solution - can't see one yet.
Allan

mmorrissey

Dateline

Post by mmorrissey » Tue Jun 30, 2009 23:27

Just for your info. I downloaded the SBS Dateline video and it started loading but never displayed. In fact, I had to shut the unit down.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: Dateline

Post by IanSav » Tue Jun 30, 2009 23:45

Hi Mmorrissey,
mmorrissey wrote:Just for your info. I downloaded the SBS Dateline video and it started loading but never displayed. In fact, I had to shut the unit down.
This message has no context and insufficient information for us to offer anything useful to help you.

Regards,
Ian.

mmorrissey

Re: Dateline

Post by mmorrissey » Sun Aug 02, 2009 13:19

IanSav wrote:Hi Mmorrissey,
mmorrissey wrote:Just for your info. I downloaded the SBS Dateline video and it started loading but never displayed. In fact, I had to shut the unit down.
This message has no context and insufficient information for us to offer anything useful to help you.

Regards,
Ian.
The SBS Dateline video was downloaded from same podcast in the VIP Club Podcasts. It downloaded okay but when I played it it froze the machine. That is, rather than displaying Unsupported Format, it started to load the video then froze. I had to power off the machine from the mains.

I assumed this could be reproduced by downloading the video that was published at that time.

Regards,

Michael.

whatgift
Apprentice

Post by whatgift » Mon Aug 03, 2009 19:31

I think you'll find the reason you're getting the error is that the podcast download is not completing (it's hard to tell since no feedback appears if the download is complete), that's why I started the thread in question.
The unsupported format is a standard wiz error for just about any file error, at least in my experience.

Return to “Podcasts & VIP Club”