File Sizes wrong on many podcasts

What you like, What you don't and What you want!

Moderators: Gully, peteru

glow
Guru

File Sizes wrong on many podcasts

Post by glow » Sun Jun 07, 2009 22:33

My broadband plan hasn't a large download limit so I'm rather conscious of file sizes if I'm going to download something.
There are many podcasts listed with obviously incorrect file sizes like 0MB, 1.18MB, 1.69MB, e.g. Catalyst.

p.s. while browsing these podcasts, my Wiz froze with a blank screen and I had to turn it off.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 22:41

Yeah, I think the sizes are dubious. I thought the image quality was good for the claimed size, but the time it took to download was probably a good indicator that the size was wrong. It was a catalyst ep in particular that I am talking about. When I went to the ABC website to download a podcast there, it was about 80meg! (I wanted the lastest ep as WizTV was one week behind, because it had 2 segments I wanted to show my gf in Germany... the size claimed by Wiztv was very low, I can't remember what it was now, but I thought "cool, I could email a small file like that" hehe...)
Tony

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Mon Jun 08, 2009 01:11

tonymy01 wrote:I wanted the lastest ep as WizTV was one week behind, because it had 2 segments I wanted to show my gf in Germany... the size claimed by Wiztv was very low, I can't remember what it was now, but I thought "cool, I could email a small file like that" hehe...
Get a slingbox. Then she can place-shift whatever is on your wiz. 8)
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

Return to “Podcasts & VIP Club”