Webbased Scheduling

What features and services do you want to see on WizTV?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

varsur

Webbased Scheduling

Post by varsur » Thu Apr 16, 2009 15:58

I would like to have a web interface to schedule my programs. I know this service is provided by ICETV but its not free. I want to have a web based interface which I can access from my work to schedule my programs.

Let me know if this can be achieved.

Thanks.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:13

Wizremote, a third party solution developed by Eric here on the forums does the trick. The only quirkiness is that you need to reboot the Wiz (can be done from Wizremote) to make the timers stick, and you need to mod the Wiz f/w to support telnet to be able to upload and get it to launch wizremote on bootup.
Tony

j s
Master

Post by j s » Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:30

If there is ever a published interface (without the issues of wizremote) I'll extend ToppyWeb to also work with my Wizzes (WizWeb? PVRweb?). I did some initial work but having to reboot all the time was a real downer. Then Ice Interactive came along.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:41

Yeah, a bit of a pain. I even got perltgd (Topfield 5K/6K solution) completely modded to work with the wizremote daemon so you can auto-setup timers based on keywords etc (once you have an EPG source), and it worked quite well, but then ICE Interactive came along at the same time and so I have left further development of this for a rainy day when ICE is possibly no longer and/or not advancing their product enough for my liking (it is missing a priorities arrangement at the moment which perltgd has had for eons to support recording your more fave shows over your less fave ones in the case of a 3 way overlap, they had better hurry up and get this feature in!).
Perltgd has evolved into pvrtimersd and the author Jim16 has joined these forums and I believe got himself a wiz.
Actually, now the Wiz caches EPG on power down (FTA or ICE... in the betas in testing at the moment sorry) I could even go one step further and get it to grap the cached EPG and use that to generate timers... but ICE is doing the trick for me now so not enough time to fiddle on something that I don't need to use yet...
Regards
Tony

varsur

Post by varsur » Mon Apr 20, 2009 15:06

The only telnet hack firmware I can find is for the older firmware version. Does anyone have the telnet hack for the lattest firmware.

Thanks in advance.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 16:03

One trick is to downgrade with the modded f/w, then create an rc.local file into /tmp/config that calls telnet, and then upgrade. Anything in the /tmp/config partition is written to flash and not erased during upgrade (this maintains your stored channels, timers etc).
But there is ways and means of modding yourself using the various tools & info provided (particularly by PRL), have a look at openwiz.org
Regards
Tony

Return to “What you want!”