New Firmware Available: WizTV Alert

What features and services do you want to see on WizTV?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Woody3366
Apprentice

New Firmware Available: WizTV Alert

Post by Woody3366 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 23:09

Suggestion: On the WizTV front page, is it possible to have a simple flag/notice show in the corner that is set according to the firmware available and firmware installed? If the firmware on the Wiz is the latest, then display "Wiz is up to date, no update required", if there is a newer version available display "An update is available, click here for more information". Rumour is that the Wiz will display an update message when an update is available, however this would provide a little confidence the checking mechanism works. Maybe a little green or yellow icon?
BW DP-S1& DP-P2 .350 | QNAP NAS | Ice | Samsung UHD | Samsung Bluray 3D | Kenwood 5.1 Amp | Acer Revo HDMI Media Centre | NBN

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 23:25

But WizTv isn't primarily a Wiz F/W upgrade tool. It is a presentation system for online info. I don't think having extra stuff clutter the main page will help much really?
If you want to know your version, go to the Wiz setup menu and have a look at the version info there (I know, not as nice as all in one place, but saving clutter and another bit of potentially confusing info for the unwary).
If there is a new version, rest assured, you will see this on the main WizTV page (I guess your beef is that you are searching around everywhere on WizTV to find the mystical "update available" info that of course won't be found when there isn't one available...)
Regards
Tony

Woody3366
Apprentice

Post by Woody3366 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 23:55

Hi Tony, it's not really a beef, just a confidence thing. It would depend if the WizTV apps are 2 way, if Wiz settings can be interrogated by the Wiz app of course. The WizTV is fairly static, and this will add a little life to the interface. I'd like to see a date & time display too, if this is not beyond the capabilities of the app... :idea:
BW DP-S1& DP-P2 .350 | QNAP NAS | Ice | Samsung UHD | Samsung Bluray 3D | Kenwood 5.1 Amp | Acer Revo HDMI Media Centre | NBN

Woody3366
Apprentice

Post by Woody3366 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 00:00

Oh, one more thing, it may not be primarilly the FW update tool, however it is one of it's (supposed) functions. If functionality can be added that provide the user with confidence then why not ! No, I dont think this will add too much clutter, the weather screen has 1.67E6 icons, so the home screen can take a few more (giggle).

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 00:36

:-)
I am guessing it is more just to avoid confusing people new to all this "what is firmware"?
Tony

Return to “What you want!”